Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriott Rewards’ Summer 2014 Getaway Bonus opens May 7, 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 9, 2014, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bdschobel
Sign into your Marriott Rewards Promotion Central to see your targeted 2014 Mid-Year “Getaway Bonus”.

Register by July 31, 2014
Stay between June 1 and August 31, 2014

For complete details, call 888-Marriott (627-7468), contact Customer Care, or visit MarriottRewards.com/GetawayBonus.

Participating Brand(s): JW Marriott®, EDITION®, Autograph Collection® Hotels, Renaissance® Hotels, AC Hotels by Marriott(SM), Marriott® Hotels & Resorts, Gaylord Hotels, Courtyard by Marriott®, SpringHill Suites by Marriott®, Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott®, Residence Inn by Marriott®, TownePlace Suites by Marriott® and Marriott Vacation Club®. The Ritz-Carlton® participates as the exclusive luxury partner to Marriott Rewards.

Offers people have received so far, and links to full Terms & Conditions

http://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/..._terms_us.html --> Double Points starting with your 2rd stay, up to 25K

http://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/..._terms_us.html --> 20K for 12 nights, additional 10K for 18 nights

http://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/..._terms_us.html --> 25K for 15 nights, additional 10K for 20 nights

http://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/..._terms_us.html --> 35K for 20 nights, additional 10K for 25 nights
Print Wikipost

Marriott Rewards’ Summer 2014 Getaway Bonus opens May 7, 2014

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2014, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We have only had the nights within the period count.
Old May 20, 2014, 6:15 am

Programs: UA 2P, AA LT Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by ncgator
I looked for the answer to my question but could not find it in this thread . I have a stay booked where the last night of my reservation is June 1 (checking out June 2). I seem to remember reading somewhere that all the nights on my reservation may count and not just the last night. Anyone have experience with previous promotions on stays starting before the official start date but overlapping it?
I think the good news here is that since your stay is at the beginning of the promo period, you will know within a week of your stay what shows up on the night counter on your promo page. If it were at the end of the promo it would be critical to know what was happening.
Old May 20, 2014, 8:33 am

Programs: IHG PC - Plat, HHonors - Gold, Marriott - Plat
Originally Posted by gardener
I think the good news here is that since your stay is at the beginning of the promo period, you will know within a week of your stay what shows up on the night counter on your promo page. If it were at the end of the promo it would be critical to know what was happening.
That's a great point, hadn't thought about that. I am kinda using that stay as a guide to which level I can qualify. Thanks again
Old May 20, 2014, 7:26 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Gold, Everything else: Dirt
Originally Posted by ncgator

And one other note....it has been Marriott's response that it is reward redemptions that drive properties up in categories and why so many cat 5 properties are now cat 6 (due to the number of certificates issued in the past promotions). If this truly is the reason for category creep then 2015 should be a whopper year for properties in category 6 to drop back to 5's where they were before and most probably belong.
I was thinking the exact same thing! and maybe even some 5-->4 and 6-->4
Old May 20, 2014, 10:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Don't forget the spring 1-4 and 1-5 certs will be good for another year. So impact may be slow.

And this year almost no 6->5 drops happened.
Old May 21, 2014, 6:41 pm

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
Don't forget the spring 1-4 and 1-5 certs will be good for another year. So impact may be slow.
Yep -- between the wifey and me, we've got 6 upcoming nights at Category 6 hotels (as far out as March 2015) that were booked with 1-5 certs from the prior mega bonus cycles.
Old May 22, 2014, 3:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Hyatt Gold Passport Continental FF Southwest FF Delta FF
Getaway Bonus is another new Marriott trick

Apparently they have grown tired of offering a Category 1-5 stay for each 2 paid stays as one option in the usual Megabonus. Silvers are not being offered any bonus. A great reason to be staying at Hyatt properties.
Old May 26, 2014, 5:11 pm

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal

And this year almost no 6->5 drops happened.
Yep, still have four certs left, and I'm guessing I'll be able to reload next cycle.

Unlike many/most, one of my main work sites has only a Marriott: no Hilton, Hyatt or *wood, so it's Marriott or...Holiday Inn...Express, and even that is a lot less convenient for my wants/needs/dreams.
Old May 26, 2014, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ichorush
Silvers are not being offered any bonus.
Everyone gets a bonus three times a year, even no status at all. If you don't' see it in "my promotions" click on Contact us, and let them know and it will appear within a day or 2.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 3:33 pm

I have one stay that will be from August 30 - September 1. So, will this count as 0, 1, or 2 nights for purposes of this promo?
Old Jun 2, 2014, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Two.

Bruce
Old Jun 2, 2014, 4:19 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Since the promotion is for "stays", not "nights", why would his trip not count as one?
Old Jun 2, 2014, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Since the promotion is for "stays", not "nights", why would his trip not count as one?
How do you know which promotion joetro is on?
Old Jun 2, 2014, 4:46 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Isn't this whole thread about the Summer Getaway? I thought it was the same for everyone...double points starting with the 3rd stay. I didn't realize everyone got something different.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
He asked about nights, not stays. Anyway, it's pretty easy to count stays!

This promotion has several options, as usual. Most count nights, not stays.

Bruce

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.