Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 8, 2014, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Megabonus offers: (they vary, so check Promotion Central after logging into your Marriott account to see what yours is)

Register by March 31, 2014
Stay between February 1 and April 30, 2014

* Earn a free night at a category 1-4 hotel after the second paid stay, up to two free nights

* Earn a free night at a category 1-5 hotel after the second paid stay, up to two free nights

* Earn 35,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights plus an additional 2,000 after each additional paid night, up to 55,000 points

* Earn 25,000 bonus points after 15 paid nights plus an additional 15,000 after 20 paid nights, up to 40,000 points

* Earn 35,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights plus an additional 15,000 after 25 paid nights, up to 50,000 points

Sign into your own personalized MegaBonus page (or visit your Promotion Central page) to register for your Spring 2014 MegaBonus.

Registration is required: December 19, 2013 - March 31, 2014
Earning Dates: February 1- April 30, 2014

You’ll find FAQs and official terms at MarriottRewards.com/MegaBonus. Call 888-MARRIOTT (888-627-7468), or call your local Marriott Rewards Customer Support office for complete details.

* Note: There are reports of folk getting their nights changed to the stays/certs, but it requires a call.
Print Wikipost

Winter/Spring 2014 Megabonus

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2013, 5:52 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, UA Silver
Does anyone know if the megabonus points options count towards your lifetime point qualification? This would push me towards requesting the 20 nights 35k option
Old Dec 20, 2013, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Sweetvibes
Does anyone know if the megabonus points options count towards your lifetime point qualification? This would push me towards requesting the 20 nights 35k option
All points earned count toward your lifetime point qualification. And that's one of the reasons I prefer the point promos over the certs promos, because I have few other ways to earn enough lifetime points to match the lifetime nights I'm earning, given that I stay at low LNF'd rates every time.
Old Dec 20, 2013, 8:26 am

No email for me but the 2 free nights in Cat 1-4 properties popped up when I logged into my account just now.
Old Dec 20, 2013, 9:15 am

Programs: Marriott , United, Delta, Priority Club
I'm a Plat and the last year or two, every time I see a new program I go to my account and I'm always automatically enrolled for the 20 nights for bonus points program, etc. That's fine with me. I love the opportunity to get a lot of points that I can convert to a travel package. I've finally got my wife convinced that people can travel overseas safely (we did it last summer) so I get free flights and motel stays, which knocks off at least 1/2 the cost of the trip, depending on what we are doing.

I know this is a message board and some people complain, but since 90%+ of my stays are paid for by my company, I appreciate anything I can get. I'm able to travel on personal vacations a lot more on rewards and points than I ever thought possible, so I'll take whatever is thrown my way.

(ok, now I've set myself up to be blasted for that last message, but that's how I feel).
Old Dec 20, 2013, 9:58 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by mclymerne
I'm a Plat and the last year or two, every time I see a new program I go to my account and I'm always automatically enrolled for the 20 nights for bonus points program, etc. That's fine with me. I love the opportunity to get a lot of points that I can convert to a travel package. I've finally got my wife convinced that people can travel overseas safely (we did it last summer) so I get free flights and motel stays, which knocks off at least 1/2 the cost of the trip, depending on what we are doing.

I know this is a message board and some people complain, but since 90%+ of my stays are paid for by my company, I appreciate anything I can get. I'm able to travel on personal vacations a lot more on rewards and points than I ever thought possible, so I'll take whatever is thrown my way.

(ok, now I've set myself up to be blasted for that last message, but that's how I feel).
Sorry to disappoint you, but I've posted not to blast you; rather, I agree with you completely.
Old Dec 20, 2013, 10:12 am

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
Originally Posted by bon95
Plat, still waiting.
Exactomundo.
Old Dec 20, 2013, 10:44 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Jailer
Exactomundo.
This has been the first time I did not see a Megabonus automatically in my account. So I called in, they told me which offer I was given. I asked for a different one. The agent signed me up for the Megabonus and noted my request for a different offer.

If you don't see the new Megabonus in your promotions list, I would suggest calling MR and asking them. It was easy, fast and painless to get signed up.

Maybe not quite as easy or fast as if I could do it online, but not bad. And I would have had to call in anyway to get them to change my offer.
Old Dec 20, 2013, 10:47 am

Programs: Delta Gold 1MM, JAL JGC Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium
Got the 50K (35 + 15) offer, same as last year...
Old Dec 20, 2013, 11:04 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
My offer was for 40k after 20 nights. I emailed to get switched over to cat 1-5 certs and got denied, the first time I've been denied. I called in and was able to get it noted on my account with no troubles.
Old Dec 20, 2013, 11:57 am

Programs: SPG Plt, HHonors Gold, UA Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Gold
Still no promo, so time to call I suppose...

On the two cat 1-5 Certs... What's the expiration date of them?
Old Dec 20, 2013, 12:00 pm

Programs: US Airways Gold, Marriott Platinum, SW A List
Originally Posted by freeloader
Still no promo, so time to call I suppose...

On the two cat 1-5 Certs... What's the expiration date of them?
I think it is always 1 year after you earn them.
Old Dec 20, 2013, 12:03 pm

Programs: SPG Plt, HHonors Gold, UA Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by heyeaglefn
Awesome - thanks, appreciate it!
Old Dec 20, 2013, 3:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by kmwjes
My offer: earn a free night at a category 1-5 hotel after the second paid stay, up to two free nights

Using past earned Cat 5 award in New Orleans for Sugar Bowl championship weekend. Definitely like this promo...
My promo shows the same, Cat 1-5
To earn up to two free nights:
Register by March 31, 2014
Stay between February 1 and April 30, 2014
Earn a free night at a category 1-5 hotel after the second paid stay, up to two free nights
Old Dec 21, 2013, 8:34 am

Programs: DL DM, Bonvoy LTT, HH Diam, UA Silver, USAF million miler ;)
Originally Posted by heyeaglefn
My mega bonus certs are a year, my credit card ones are 6 months. Go to MY ACCOUNT, ACTIVITY, check the bottom of the page.
Old Dec 21, 2013, 8:39 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
think you'll find that the Visa CC cert is extendable while the MegaBonus certs are not.........

Originally Posted by orca15
My mega bonus certs are a year, my credit card ones are 6 months.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.