Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Can i earn Marriott points when i have dining in Marriott hotel restaurants

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can i earn Marriott points when i have dining in Marriott hotel restaurants

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2013, 1:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by AM6449
Can you explain this in more detail?
See post # 2. IMO it's a pain to do & not worth it for limited amount of points, but some folk have reported success. However, I wouldn't say it's chain wide. It's really up to the FDC & how much they're willing to do.

Cheers.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 2:07 pm

Programs: Ritz/Marriott Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, USAir Chairman, Aegean Gold
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
See post # 2. IMO it's a pain to do & not worth it for limited amount of points, but some folk have reported success. However, I wouldn't say it's chain wide. It's really up to the FDC & how much they're willing to do.

Cheers.
Sharon,

Thanks for your help
Old Feb 7, 2018, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Sorry to drag this thread up again...

But is there any update on this?

Can you earn points when dining at a Marriott hotel to MR when NOT staying at the hotel? This is for Singapore.

Thanks !
Old Feb 7, 2018, 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy

Can you earn points when dining at a Marriott hotel to MR when NOT staying at the hotel? This is for Singapore.

Thanks !
Nope. But you can get discounts
Don't miss our exceptional year-round dining privilege*! Marriott Rewards® (including The Ritz-Carlton Rewards®) and Starwood Preferred Guest® Members can enjoy a delectable dining deal – up to 20% off on all food and beverage at over 1,000 signature restaurants in Rewards and SPG hotels in Asia Pacific. Whether you’re a hotel guest, celebrating a special occasion or just swinging by for a quick bite, every Member can save on food and drinks prepared by our top-notch masters of cuisine.
*Simply present your Membership card physically or on your Mobile App at the participating restaurants in Asia Pacific to enjoy this special dining privilege.

See Terms & Conditions for more details.
Terms and Conditions - Exclusive Dining Benefits | Marriott Rewards APAC

• The offer is applicable to all Marriott Rewards® Members, including guests staying in-house and walk-in customers. The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® and Starwood Preferred Guests® members are entitled to the same benefits.
  • Participating restaurants in The Ritz-Carlton®, EDITION®, JW Marriott®, Autograph Collection® Hotels, Renaissance® Hotels, Marriott Hotels & Resorts®, Delta Hotels by MarriottTM, Courtyard by Marriott® and Fairfield Inn by Marriott®, MoxySM Hotels and Marriott Executive Apartments® across Asia Pacific offer year-round savings of up to 20% on food and beverage. Please refer to a separate list for participating restaurants. You may also click here to view additional participating restaurants in SPG hotels.
Members & Silver Elite / Preferred Guest - 10%
Gold Elite / Gold Preferred Guest - 15%
Platinum Elite / Platinum Preferred Guest - 20%

Discount is not applicable to breakfast. Breakfast may be defined differently by venue. Please contact the restaurant directly for any questions on how breakfast is defined.
  • Discount excludes applicable service charges, taxes and gratuities.
  • Service charges and taxes will be charged on retail prices.
  • Discount must be requested in the restaurant at the time of settling the bill, even if applying charges to one's room; cannot be applied at the front desk.
  • Points will be awarded to Marriott Rewards Members (including The Ritz-Carlton Rewards members) staying at JW Marriott, Marriott, Delta, Renaissance or Autograph Collection Hotels according to their discounted food and drinks bill when it is charged to Rewards Member's room. Service charges, taxes and gratuities are not entitled to points. Visit www.marriott.com/marriott-rewards/earn/hotels.mi. for details.
  • Prior reservations at participating restaurants are encouraged but not compulsory.
  • Membership cards must be presented physically or on their Marriott, The Ritz-Carlton or SPG Mobile App upon bill settlement. Valid payment methods include cash settlement, credit card or debit card on which their names should match with the registered membership records. In-room settlement is also accepted for in-house guest.
  • The offer is not applicable in conjunction with additional restaurant or hotel specific promotions and special events and is non-exchangeable, non-cashable and non-transferrable.
  • Blackout dates will be at the discretion of the restaurant management.
  • This dining privilege is not applicable for takeaway, minibar, in-room dining, private dining room, banquet, wedding, catering and outdoor catering bookings held in catering venues or any booking in restaurant which is more than 8 pax.
  • In case of dispute, hotel reserves the right to make the final decision.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 6:23 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
And I suppose if you pay with me Marriott Visa, you'll also get the multiple earnings.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 11:07 am

Programs: SPG Plat
Originally Posted by kcaluwae
If you search this forum you will see that there're some workaround to get points for meals at the FS Marriott hotels. (if you don't hold a reservation)
This will require the hotel to cooperate with your request and create a kind of dummy reservation for you so the restaurant charges can be charged to your 'fake' hotel room.
thanks for the tip!
Old Dec 10, 2018, 5:42 am

Points earned on dining

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy

Thanks !

Spend $282.54 at the Renaissance Harbour View buffet in Hong Kong on 11/09/2018 and statement closed on12/06/2018 it was posted as 6X points Marriott Hotel purchase 1,696 points was not staying at the hotel or any other Marriott hotel
Old Dec 10, 2018, 1:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by lofu888

Spend $282.54 at the Renaissance Harbour View buffet in Hong Kong on 11/09/2018 and statement closed on12/06/2018 it was posted as 6X points Marriott Hotel purchase 1,696 points was not staying at the hotel or any other Marriott hotel
That sounds like you just got the credit card credit for the spend (ie, 6x). The points should be 10/$, and I'm guessing should be a separate post on your Marriott account if the hotel did it properly.

Cheers.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 9:18 pm

Programs: BRK-B
Dine-only points (Bonvoy)

Well, as SPG used to have an option to dine without stay and get some points but Marriott didn't. Do the new programme have this kind of feature? I always use this method to extend my points validity.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 6:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by Noppasit
Well, as SPG used to have an option to dine without stay and get some points but Marriott didn't. Do the new programme have this kind of feature? I always use this method to extend my points validity.
Yes, if you dine at former SPG properties (W, Westin, Sheraton, etc.) you are eligible for points without being a registered guest at the hotel. I got some Marriott points at a Sheraton restaurant a few days ago (10 base plus elite).
Old Feb 5, 2019, 5:26 pm

Details of the 'new' dining program is here: https://marriottmembersdinemore.com/

There is already a discussion thread here talking about the replacement to SPG Cravings: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...-closed-2.html
Old Feb 7, 2019, 3:03 pm

Programs: Marriott/SPG Lifetime PP, Delta Diamond
Local to a hotel; can I enjoy Platinum dining discounts without hotel stay?

As the title indicates, I wonder if anyone has experience or comments on taking advantage of dining discounts for Platinum (generally 20% at hotel restaurants) WITHOUT a corresponding hotel stay? For example, I live in Fort Lauderdale and the W Fort Lauderdale has a couple good restaurants and they offer a 20% discount on dining as a Platinum amenity. If I were staying there, they'd obviously have my member info. Because I am not is it feasible simply to show my member card/status on the Marriott app and have the server manually key in the discount? Is there anything in the T&C that requires a corresponding hotel stay? Thanks!
Old Feb 7, 2019, 3:17 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Welcome to Flyertalk ATCG!

You can provide them with your Marriott Rewards account and get any discount and earn points when dining. No need for a stay.

I just got points and a 20% discount from the hotel rooftop bar at the Courtyard in Novena in Singapore which is up the street from my condo.
margarita girl and ATCG like this.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 4:42 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by dcpilgrim
Well, I sent a message to inquire. Perhaps they will throw me a bone. Its 1550 points, I am not losing sleep either way.

The quirks of these programs. . .

ETA - no bones were thrown.
If they don't want to reward us with points for our F&B spend when we're visiting Marriott properties with restaurants then they simply won't be getting the revenue from us.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 7:57 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Titanium and LTT
We dine frequently at Cru steakhouse in the Marriott Manila. Have never stayed at the hotel. Each time, I receive 1,000+ points for dining as well as 20% off the bill for being Plat. My understanding is that this is an Asia offering only, and only recently introduced.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.