st pancras for points

Old Jun 14, 13, 5:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier
st pancras for points

Trying to book st pancras for points as 8 mth old son is having op at GOSH.... coming up as 45k points per night + cash. Why the cash component? This is exactly the time you want points to work for you....
Old Jun 14, 13, 11:57 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum (former PP), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
It seems like there are no standard rooms available for a reward stay during the date(s) you chose. You got an upgraded room reward quote where the upgrade costs the extra amount of cash.
Old Jun 15, 13, 7:00 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: SouthWest A-List; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Plat; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Discoverist
As VA1379 states you are seeing an upgraded room, but normally you should see both a "cash" upgrade option and a "points" upgrade option which would allow you to use extra points.

So if you have extra points and don't want to spend the money, you might want to re-check to see if the extra points option was also there as well.
Old Jun 15, 13, 9:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Best wishes for your son.

Cheers.
Old Jun 15, 13, 9:18 am

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
Try back everyday is your best bet in the hopes that someone cancels.
Old Jun 15, 13, 3:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier
thx 4 responses and good wishes. Annoying...stayed once before and got upgraded to a junior suite... but this time it is just a 'free' bed in proximity to GOSH I am after....I will get club access irrespective cos of status...
Old Jun 16, 13, 9:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
As mentioned, keep checking back daily in case a regular room opens up for points. Or just try calling the hotel & see if they'll work w/ you given the circumstances. Good luck!

Cheers.
Old Jul 13, 17, 8:16 am

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
I am also trying to book a stay here for points.

I am platinum and not expecting a free upgrade to chambers, but would be willing to pay a modest amount for one. I am currently booked in the standard room for 180k points 5 nights. There are two larger rooms in Barlow for 30 and 50 per night upgrade. Can't decide if I should book one of these or just hope to upgrade at checkin as somehow I doubt they will make the upgrade to chambers cheaper.
Old Jul 13, 17, 11:28 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Best wishes for your son. Make sure when searching for awards that you scroll down to the bottom of the page when points + cash upgrade rates are displayed, because if there are standard rooms for points only, it will be listed at the bottom of the page.
Old Jul 13, 17, 4:06 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Ambassador/Tit4Lyf, IHG Plat, WN A
You might also try an SPG stay at the Great Northern. You should be able to transfer the Marriott points to SPG with ease, and the Great Northern is in the same area.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: