FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards-427/)
-   -   st pancras for points (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards/1476170-st-pancras-points.html)

yorkshire exile Jun 14, 2013 5:39 pm

st pancras for points

Trying to book st pancras for points as 8 mth old son is having op at GOSH.... coming up as 45k points per night + cash. Why the cash component? This is exactly the time you want points to work for you....:(

VA1379 Jun 14, 2013 11:57 pm

It seems like there are no standard rooms available for a reward stay during the date(s) you chose. You got an upgraded room reward quote where the upgrade costs the extra amount of cash.

hhoope01 Jun 15, 2013 7:00 am

As VA1379 states you are seeing an upgraded room, but normally you should see both a "cash" upgrade option and a "points" upgrade option which would allow you to use extra points.

So if you have extra points and don't want to spend the money, you might want to re-check to see if the extra points option was also there as well.

SkiAdcock Jun 15, 2013 9:12 am

Best wishes for your son.

Cheers.

BostonFlyer1624 Jun 15, 2013 9:18 am

Try back everyday is your best bet in the hopes that someone cancels.

yorkshire exile Jun 15, 2013 3:23 pm

thx 4 responses and good wishes. Annoying...stayed once before and got upgraded to a junior suite... but this time it is just a 'free' bed in proximity to GOSH I am after....I will get club access irrespective cos of status...

SkiAdcock Jun 16, 2013 9:46 am

As mentioned, keep checking back daily in case a regular room opens up for points. Or just try calling the hotel & see if they'll work w/ you given the circumstances. Good luck!

Cheers.

ellinj Jul 13, 2017 8:16 am

I am also trying to book a stay here for points.

I am platinum and not expecting a free upgrade to chambers, but would be willing to pay a modest amount for one. I am currently booked in the standard room for 180k points 5 nights. There are two larger rooms in Barlow for 30£ and 50£ per night upgrade. Can't decide if I should book one of these or just hope to upgrade at checkin as somehow I doubt they will make the upgrade to chambers cheaper.

aaupgrade Jul 13, 2017 11:28 am

Best wishes for your son. Make sure when searching for awards that you scroll down to the bottom of the page when points + cash upgrade rates are displayed, because if there are standard rooms for points only, it will be listed at the bottom of the page.

lexdevil Jul 13, 2017 4:06 pm

You might also try an SPG stay at the Great Northern. You should be able to transfer the Marriott points to SPG with ease, and the Great Northern is in the same area.