Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Wrong Points Posting => More points. Why?

Old May 16, 2013, 9:29 pm
Original Poster

I spent about USD 950 bucks, including taxes. Some 11k mexican pesos. I'm Marriott Plat.

Just base points, I received 17k. This was at JW Cancun.

Take out taxes, lets say 850 spent. Shouldn't my base points be around 8500? It looks like I got double the base points! Anyone know why?
Old May 17, 2013, 3:32 am

Programs: IHG Plat, Marriott Plat
I have no idea why this happened but I can confirm that I had this same "problem" at this same hotel, JW Cancun, ie. noticed afterwards that I got more points than I should have.
Old May 17, 2013, 3:36 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
since you got more points then you originally thought you'd earn suggest you just leave this "sleeping dog lie" as if to much info is provided you might find yourself with significantly less points tomorrow..........

Originally Posted by tonytifao
I spent about USD 950 bucks, including taxes. Some 11k mexican pesos. I'm Marriott Plat.

Take out taxes, lets say 850 spent. Shouldn't my base points be around 8500? It looks like I got double the base points! Anyone know why?
Old May 17, 2013, 4:34 am

Keep them!
Old May 17, 2013, 4:47 am
dfe
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K/MM; *A Gold Life; CX Gold; Marriott Platinum LT; SPG Plat; HHonors Diamond

Jeez, why do you raise a point about perhaps getting too many points in a public forum.

Take them and keep your mouth shut.

Complain only if you feel that you got shorted.
Old May 17, 2013, 5:56 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Maybe this property is feeling guilty about the devaluation is this is their way of making it up to you? They gave you one category creep back and then some. Don't feel bad!
Old May 17, 2013, 6:50 am
Original Poster

I don't feel bad, I'm just trying to find such double points promotion so I know where to maybe spend my next vacation.
Old May 17, 2013, 7:31 am
Suspended

or perhaps you didn't fall into a double points promo but only lucked out by having more then the correct # of points credited to your account (which of course can also be uncredited) by an accounting error in your favor.........

I don't feel bad, I'm just trying to find such double points promotion so I know where to maybe spend my next vacation.
Old May 17, 2013, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Likely the person that manually types these to Marsha (or whatever system Marriott used for point postings) after your stay made an error?

Yes. Some if not all international properties do these point postings manually.
Old May 17, 2013, 8:18 am

Programs: IHG Plat, Marriott Plat
What makes a property "international"?
Old May 17, 2013, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by FinnishFlash
What makes a property "international"?
Outside of the CONUS.
Old May 17, 2013, 9:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by BKKLEE
since you got more points then you originally thought you'd earn suggest you just leave this "sleeping dog lie" as if to much info is provided you might find yourself with significantly less points tomorrow..........
This.

Cheers.
Old May 17, 2013, 3:41 pm

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
Originally Posted by BKKLEE
I'm sure the staff of the JW have better things to do than troll FT looking for random threads of someone talking about how they earned too many points @:-)
Old May 17, 2013, 8:55 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Mexico gives hazzard points. JK. (Not really).

They could have been running a promo.
Old May 17, 2013, 10:37 pm
Suspended

I wasn't referring to the JW but if you weren't aware of it this forum is monitored......

Originally Posted by TommyC80
I'm sure the staff of the JW have better things to do than troll FT looking for random threads of someone talking about how they earned too many points @:-)

Last edited by BKKLEE; May 17, 2013 at 10:45 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.