Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Gift Cheques Update?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2011, 6:26 pm

I ordered mine today--it was a no brainer! I have stays that would equal 225,00 points or $800. That still leaves me with $200
Old Dec 29, 2011, 8:23 am

Programs: DL DM
Has anyone had trouble redeeming the cheques at different Marriott brands?

In September I had my father get in on the gifts cards for the Hertz certs and chose various card face designs (Renaissance, Ritz Carlton, etc) so they would be easy to remember. The terms on the back clearly state they are valid at any Marriott brands, but he has had numerous run-ins with properties unwilling to accept anything but ones with their brand on the face or only willing after much argument. Seems ridiculous, but he is ticked at me and before I recommend this I want some confidence the cheques will not be the same problem.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 8:40 am

Programs: UA 1K MM | Marriott LTT | National Car EE
after clicking around on the MR rewards pages, I'm not seeing Gift Checks available for the 135K MR points rate. i do see the Gift Cards for 190K. is the 135K redemption something that has to be called in to MR prior to the expiration of the year?
Old Dec 29, 2011, 9:02 am

If you go to the use Marriott points there should be a Platinum Rewards link on the bottom right side of the screen. If you click on that link it will take you to where you can redeem this offer online.

Originally Posted by eleeut
after clicking around on the MR rewards pages, I'm not seeing Gift Checks available for the 135K MR points rate. i do see the Gift Cards for 190K. is the 135K redemption something that has to be called in to MR prior to the expiration of the year?
Old Dec 29, 2011, 9:15 am

Programs: UA 1K MM | Marriott LTT | National Car EE
Originally Posted by ncfinfan
If you go to the use Marriott points there should be a Platinum Rewards link on the bottom right side of the screen. If you click on that link it will take you to where you can redeem this offer online.
ah, this shows i'm still not very familiar with MR. thanks - I see the options for this.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Definitely ordering some of these before Marriott destroys them too.
Have a stay coming up for vacation where its the 5th night free plus a daily $50 resort credit so its a great use of the certs instead of points for the room.

Extremely disappointing and upsetting to see how participation in this forum from Marriott has dwindled, and how we are getting no notice of impending changes until after the fact or by luck that someone discovered the change.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 12:54 pm

Programs: Delta PL, Marriottt PL, Hilton GD
in for 1 set
Old Dec 29, 2011, 4:19 pm
Company Representative - Marriott Concierge

Elite Only Gift Cheques

Hello All,

Sorry for my delay in posting on this. I have been out of the office for a bit due to the holidays.

The elite only reward for $1000 gift cheques is set to retire on 12/31/11 as stated on the website. Our Dinner for two and Spa rewards are also set to retire on this date, but will be replaced with a gift card version in 2012.

Currently I do not have any details as to if there will be an Elite only reward being offered in a gift card version for 2012. I will follow up with you if this information is determined.

Kind regards,

Marie
Old Dec 29, 2011, 4:42 pm

Programs: Marriott plat, DL Diamond
Originally Posted by LAXgt
Simple example: Las Vegas Cosmo stay 01/02-01/06 4 nights - Terrace Studio king

Points redemption: 140,000 points for 4 nights (35K per night)

Gift Cheques: $1,000 for 135,000 points. Cost for 4 nights - $716.80, still have left over for at least another night. All these nights count as Elite nights and you will still earn regular MR points for the stay as PLAT (10,700 points)
Did Cosmo say they would take these certificates?? I thought they needed to be used at properties owned by Marriott.. I would like to use them at Cosmo if it works..
Old Dec 29, 2011, 4:46 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by Marriott Concierge
Hello All,

Sorry for my delay in posting on this. I have been out of the office for a bit due to the holidays.

The elite only reward for $1000 gift cheques is set to retire on 12/31/11 as stated on the website. Our Dinner for two and Spa rewards are also set to retire on this date, but will be replaced with a gift card version in 2012.

Currently I do not have any details as to if there will be an Elite only reward being offered in a gift card version for 2012. I will follow up with you if this information is determined.
Marie, thank you for confirming - even the Grinchiest FT'ers have to understand time off! Another thing you may not be aware of as you have been out - the terms/point costs of the new spa and dinner for 2 cards are different than those issued now. So if anyone wants them, would behoove them to order tomorrow!
Old Dec 29, 2011, 6:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Marriott Concierge
Hello All,

Kind regards,

Marie
If there is anyone who believes that we will be able to purchase a $1000 gift card as an Elite only reward for 135,000 points, I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you....

Newman
Old Dec 29, 2011, 6:11 pm

Programs: Marriott, Southwest, American, Delta, Amtrak,Multiple others
Originally Posted by sophiegirl
Marie, thank you for confirming - even the Grinchiest FT'ers have to understand time off! Another thing you may not be aware of as you have been out - the terms/point costs of the new spa and dinner for 2 cards are different than those issued now. So if anyone wants them, would behoove them to order tomorrow!
According to the concierge on Marriott Insiders, the dinner gift cards will require 22,000 points for a $100 gift card. In my experience, the dinner for 2 awards (20000 pts) are worth at least $150 in restaurants at resorts.

Marriott continues to significantly downgrade their program, especially for elites.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by DZMAN
Did Cosmo say they would take these certificates?? I thought they needed to be used at properties owned by Marriott.. I would like to use them at Cosmo if it works..

I have used the Platinum gift cheques TWO different times at the Cosmo with no problem. In fact, one time was on a AAA rate and still used them with no problem.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 6:08 am

Programs: Hilton - Diamond / Marriott - Platinum / SPG - Platinum / Priority Club - Platinum
Planning a caribbean vaca in feb - now that all inclusive is no longer available, do you agree that it would be wise to take advantage of gift checks (for food)? Looks like i need to decide by tomorrow.

Help!
Old Dec 30, 2011, 8:50 am

Programs: AA lifetime gold, Marriott Plat.
Okay, I have looked at the plat. area of rewards and still cannot find gift checks. What am I doing wrong. I am a plat. elite and see all the hotel offers and gift card offers etc but nothing about gift checks. Did exactly what was posted earlier went to the reward site plat area and saw a host of offers but no checks. Dumb me!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.