Search

Majorca

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2002, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Marriott Resort & Vacation Club, Mallorca, Spain

Hi,

we just stayed a week at the Marriott Hotel, Mallorca (5* category). Doesn't meet expectations ! The walls between the rooms were not "sound-proof". Meaning you could easily here your neighbour snoring and talking. Seems to be a known problem and their currently try to improve the situation in a few rooms (to be rolled out to whole hotel, if effective).

Service can be improved (e.g. help with baggage was offered, but no one turned actually up; queues at breakfeast due to a too small restaurant area; no one of the Marriott employees bothered to say Hello in the aisle ... )

Compared to the 5* Westin in Marbella, it really was only 3-4*.

Old Mar 23, 2002, 3:19 pm
DOC 2 BE

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by michaelo:
Hi,

we just stayed a week at the Marriott Hotel, Mallorca (5* category). Doesn't meet expectations ! The walls between the rooms were not "sound-proof". Meaning you could easily here your neighbour snoring and talking. Seems to be a known problem and their currently try to improve the situation in a few rooms (to be rolled out to whole hotel, if effective).

Service can be improved (e.g. help with baggage was offered, but no one turned actually up; queues at breakfeast due to a too small restaurant area; no one of the Marriott employees bothered to say Hello in the aisle ... )

Compared to the 5* Westin in Marbella, it really was only 3-4*.

</font>
There are 2 Mallorca properties. Also, you did not mean to say the Marriott in Marbella, did you, as you compared it to the Westin Marbella??

Old Sep 26, 2003, 4:24 am

Programs: Delta 2.5MM&Diamond, Marriott Platinum Premier, Platinum Emeritus
Majorca

What has your experience been atMarriott Mallorca Son Antem Golf Resort and Spa in Palma? I am a platinum member and thinking about staying there over Thanksgiving this year. What's your opinion of the value: four nights would cost 80,000 points, or I can book for 159 euros/night. Thanks!

------------------
DL MM/PM, Marriott platinum, Hilton silver
Old Sep 26, 2003, 9:42 am

We have visited the resort several times and love it. The spa is fantastic and there are two golf courses, golf academy, tennis courts, basketball court, beach volley ball etc etc. It is ideally located for Palma and site seeing around the island. Although the resort is only 15mins from the airport and 20minutes from Palma, it is quite remote and a car is recommended.

One warning, it is a very quite resort, even in peak season; this is one of the reasons we like it so much. However, this has drawn criticism from some visitors exchanging into the timeshare villas, who prefer more organised activities.

The price at 159 euros is cheaper than our friends paid for a recent stay. I do believe the point value is good because the hotel is only rated as a category five, which is surprising considering the extensive facilities provided compared to other hotels of a similar or higher category in Europe. The rooms however are typically European, which are smaller than in North America (this also applies to the villas).

If you require any specific information regarding the resort or Mallorca, please do no hesitate to contact me by e-mail.
Old Sep 27, 2003, 8:34 am

Programs: Delta 2.5MM&Diamond, Marriott Platinum Premier, Platinum Emeritus
Thanks for taking the time to post such an informative reply. I really appreciate the information!

------------------
DL MM/PM, Marriott platinum, Hilton silver
Old Sep 28, 2003, 9:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
Was just there this summer and it was fantastic. It's very "American" so don't go expecting a lot of Spanish flavor (i.e. food is largely American from burgers by the pool to their restaurants and everything is in English). I will also echo the recommendation of renting a car (they have them at the hotel through Hertz) - it's really a must if you want to leave the resort (and I recommend you do, it's an amazing island to explore!).

Old Mar 22, 2005, 10:24 am

Marriott Son Antem, Mallorca - questions

There are two properties on marriott.com
- Son Antem Golf hotel
- Son Antem Club

Do the properties belong together?
Did somebody stay in one of the hotels or even in both and can share some experience?
What about pool/spa? Do both hoetls have their own facilities or share the facilities?
Old Mar 22, 2005, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by TimWong
There are two properties on marriott.com
- Son Antem Golf hotel
- Son Antem Club

Do the properties belong together?
Did somebody stay in one of the hotels or even in both and can share some experience?
What about pool/spa? Do both hoetls have their own facilities or share the facilities?
Both are on the same site approx 15/20 minutes from Palma; Club Son Antem is a Marriott Vacation Club property and shares all the facilities with the Marriott Son Antem Hotel. The MVCI villas are located around the East Golf Course (there is also a West Golf Course). The hotel and spa are centrally located within the complex. We stay at Club Son Antem several times a year and think it is fantastic, however as owners I'm probably biased. If you have any specific questions please do not hesitate to email me.

Last edited by JonP; Mar 22, 2005 at 1:22 pm
Old Mar 22, 2005, 3:28 pm

Programs: AA-exp, 4MM, MR-plat, Hertz-PC, WN-CP
We stayed in the hotel last summer. Hotel operates like a full service Marriott. Villa guests (owners) buildings are on both sides of the sprawling low rise hotel building. The villas have smaller pools available to them, nearly one per building. We had reserved a junior suite using points. They upgraded us to what they called the Presidential Suite. It was two rooms with a nice bath, foyer area, several balconys. It was a nice room, located at the end of the building. Nice and quite location. We used the golf course one day. (You have to prove yourself to be a really good golfer to use one of the two courses. We used the other!) Many, many guests (hotel and villa) took various forms of golf lessons. The spa looked great but was crowded compared to American standards. I believe this is due to the great number of European vacationers who seem to vacation a bit differently than we do.

We will probably return at some point. We were without our kids, but the place was full of parents with children (usually older kids, not many little bitty ones, and no problems due to the kids) The hotels pool was not giant. We did other things but the pool never appeared to be over-crowded.

Because the time-shares are there, they do a nice managers welcome once a week for everyone. It was nicely catered with finger foods and a variety of drinks. They also offer several theme dinners, buffet style, with most tables on the patio and usually a show.
Old Mar 24, 2005, 4:53 am

There are several reviewes on Tripadvisor.com

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...c_Islands.html
Old Mar 18, 2006, 9:21 am

Marriott resort Mallorca/Majorca offer.

Hi,

A few days ago I received a mailing sent by Marriott with an offer to spend three nights at Marriott's resort in Mallorca inc. rental car for £129 p/p. Unfortunately I have lost the flyer, does anyone still have it? If so, could you recap the details and inc. the reference I will need to quote?

Much appreciated,
Av
Old Mar 18, 2006, 11:44 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by Avallon
Hi,

A few days ago I received a mailing sent by Marriott with an offer to spend three nights at Marriott's resort in Mallorca inc. rental car for £129 p/p. Unfortunately I have lost the flyer, does anyone still have it? If so, could you recap the details and inc. the reference I will need to quote?

Much appreciated,
Av
As this has nothing to do with either AF or KL, I am moving it to the Marriott board.

Jouy31
Co-moderator of the AF/KL board
Old Mar 19, 2006, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by JOUY31
As this has nothing to do with either AF or KL, I am moving it to the Marriott board.

Jouy31
Co-moderator of the AF/KL board
Actually this offer appears to have been sent by Flying Blue as it comes on a Flying Blue letterhead and you get a bonus of 3,000 FB miles if you take up this offer.

Anyway, the details:
Phone 00800 4400 4400 to book
Quote reference: 15626
Lines open: Mon - Fri 9am-9pm, Sat: 9.30am - 4pm
Booking must be made by 30 April 2006

Price from £119 p/p (usually £400) and includes three nights accom, breakfast, complimentary car hire, a guided tour. Apparently the price of £119 applies between 1 nov 06 and 21 march 07 and it's £169 between 22 mar and 31 oct and a suppliment may be charged for Auguse bookings as that's the peak time. Only open to European residents.
Old Mar 20, 2006, 2:42 am

Avallon

This is a timehsare promotion offer and to obtain the rate you must undertake a low pressure 90min presentation and resort tour. I own at Club Son Antem so if you want any specific information please do not hesitate to send me a PM.
Old Mar 20, 2006, 9:40 pm

Programs: DL PM, FB Plat, LH SEN, Amex Cent
Originally Posted by JonP
Avallon

This is a timehsare promotion offer and to obtain the rate you must undertake a low pressure 90min presentation and resort tour. I own at Club Son Antem so if you want any specific information please do not hesitate to send me a PM.
I took them up on a similar offer, and the presentation was anything but low pressure. It actually took five hours, and ended with them insulting us for wasting their time, when we told them we want to sleep over it before deciding anything. Thus be warned ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.