Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Key Largo Bay - Marriott Beach Resort

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2000, 8:30 pm
Original Poster

I am looking at doing the family vacation thing here at the end of Jan 01 and was wondering if anybody had any comments about this location.

I have 2 kids ages 4 & 6 and am hoping that somebody - with kids - has stayed here before and can share a couple of comments about the beach / pool - kids activities etc.

Thanks
Old Oct 15, 2000, 10:24 pm
Original Poster

Just bringing this to the top - I'd love some comments on this property!

Thanks
Old Oct 16, 2000, 11:29 am

Programs: Delta, AA
back seat:

Stayed here early last year with our two kids (8 and 10)....the pool is OK, a bit crowded...the waterfront is mostly for diving...nothing great about any beach here. The property did not have the feeling of a "resort" as I generally think of them. Be sure to check carefully about the "waterfront" views...there is an entire bank of rooms on the side of the hotel that overlook old buildings and deserted cars that---if you lean over the balcony and crane your neck to the right--you can see the water! I complained to the front desk, and was told the hotel was full (so no other rooms) and that this WAS listed as a water/ocean view. They explained some rooms have a direct view of the water and some a partial view...this, of course, is never explained when booking.
Old Oct 16, 2000, 11:50 am
Original Poster

Houston we have a problem!!

I need a beach for my guys . . . . I may have to go back to the drawing board and look at other alternatives.

Your comment about the waterfront may be the show stopper.

Thanks
Old Oct 16, 2000, 3:18 pm

Try Cheeca Lodge in Islmorada. It's half way between Key West and Miami. You can get the equivalent of a small apartment with kitchen facilities and it's perfect for small children.

------------------
speedbird001
Old Oct 16, 2000, 3:19 pm

P.S. I flew to Key West, spent a night at the Marriot, and then drove to Cheeca Lodge.

------------------
speedbird001
Old Oct 19, 2000, 2:19 am

Programs: AC, AA, UA, BA, Hilton
Have a look at Hawks Cay, further south of Islamarada, and above Marathon. Interact with dolphins, great location, nice beach.
Use your search engine to check out their website.
Also, The Islander on Islamarada.

bj-21.
Old Oct 19, 2000, 4:51 am

Location: WILD ANIMAL PARK (SAN), CA> GOLD-CO, MARRIOTT, HH, STARWOOD, HYATT,
Have you considered some of the great beach Marriotts on the West side of Florida!
Old Oct 19, 2000, 9:33 am
Original Poster

Thanks for all the responses - based on the input I have just cancelled my reservation there and booked a property in Nassau. I need a beach for my guys.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.