Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Lowest age to hit Lifetime Platinum

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2012, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Plat, National Exec Elite

Title is pretty straight forward.

I will be 34 yrs and 7 months. If i would have signed up for Marriott in college i would have it by the time was i was 30.

sitting at 1155 nights and over 4 million lifetime points.
Old May 8, 2012, 3:23 pm

I would guess someone has hit it about age 25. That's a reasonable age for a road warrior to it if they skip college and hit the road hard at age 19 or so.

Still yours is impressive. Although, I should add, better you than me. I like being home too much.
Old May 8, 2012, 3:33 pm

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Requires 12 years as MR Member so that would put 19 year old at 31.
Old May 8, 2012, 3:45 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by MNAudiS4

I will be 34 yrs and 7 months. If i would have signed up for Marriott in college i would have it by the time was i was 30.

Very impressive. Congratulations.
Old May 8, 2012, 3:53 pm

Programs: Mariott Plat, *wood Plat, Hyatt Diamond, United 1K
I know people in my company who have racked up the required 1000 nights or so by age 24 (marriott only, lived in hotels nearly all year)
Now assuming their parents had signed them up for Marriott Rewards at an early age, they could have totally made lt plat by 25?
Old May 8, 2012, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Unlike airlines there's really no reason to sign a kid up. You have to 18 to be a registered guest at a hotel, so rooms are always going to be in an adult's name. Likewise kids can't have credit cards, so can't earn nights/points that way.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 7:44 am

Programs: Marriott Plat Premier/LT Plat; SPG Plat/LT Gold; Hilton Gold; Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
Unlike airlines there's really no reason to sign a kid up. You have to 18 to be a registered guest at a hotel, so rooms are always going to be in an adult's name. Likewise kids can't have credit cards, so can't earn nights/points that way.
Chase only requires first/last name..So kids can get credit cards, just not be primary
Old Oct 20, 2012, 9:14 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by welookgood.com
Chase only requires first/last name..So kids can get credit cards, just not be primary
True. But if you aren't primary, it isn't your Marriott number getting the points.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 9:56 am

Programs: AA Plat Exec

Signed up at 23 1/2 (July '08)
Currently 950 nights & 1.4M pts (dang my 3 years of travel at discounted $99/night)
So will be most likely reaching Liftetime Plat requirement soon, except for the 12 years (and I would be 35 1/2)
Old Oct 20, 2012, 9:58 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador

So tell me who really cares ?
Old Oct 20, 2012, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by edgewood49
So tell me who really cares ?
Tough crowd. I'll also hit Lifetime Platinum in my 34th year, so I care.

Although the way Marriott is devaluing Platinum, it won't mean much by the time we hit LT Plat.

Example: I just checked into a Marriott and the front desk told me they were "oversold on Junior suites". A quick search on Marriott.com shows that they would be glad to sell me a Junior Suite for $179. So it's not that they are oversold--they just don't care to give me one while using my Cat 1-4 free night certificate. I decided to take my "upgrade" to a tiny room on the concierge floor (closed for the weekend because Marriott is too cheap to keep it open) and not make a fuss about it.

I used to love Marriott--but recently, unless I'm staying at a hotel where I am bringing them big business, I get no special benefits to reward my loyalty. At least for me, it's time to start spreading my business around.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Suites aren't eligible for upgrades, so I'm not clear on why the property would comment on them.

Assuming they had higher-category rooms, it's entirely possible that they would still be selling Junior Suites, even if oversold, with a plan to bump some of them up to a higher level. They'd rather sell a Jr. Suite and bump someone up than show Jr. Suites as sold out and only sell a standard room.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 7:47 pm

CPRich, I don't blame Marriott at all for wanting to sell their best product rather than give it away as an upgrade. But I do expect the person checking me in to be honest about that. I would gladly pay for the upgrade if offered the opportunity to do so.

On the flip side, Marriott shouldn't be surprised if I give my travel spending to whoever gives me the most for my dollar. Loyalty is a two-way street.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 10:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
go to college........how did you manage to get out of high school?????????????

Old Oct 21, 2012, 8:00 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by JW6130
CPRich, I don't blame Marriott at all for wanting to sell their best product rather than give it away as an upgrade. But I do expect the person checking me in to be honest about that. I would gladly pay for the upgrade if offered the opportunity to do so.

On the flip side, Marriott shouldn't be surprised if I give my travel spending to whoever gives me the most for my dollar. Loyalty is a two-way street.
you know it seems that many people are getting a "entitlement" mindset when it comes to FF programs. Not that I have not fussed a bit myself, but when we come to expecting something we did not pay for all the time then the program begins to come apart. The more complaints or demands someone gets the less likely they are to be considerate of one's "status" We live in a world of "Status" and that my just be part of the problem. Maybe.

Having said that the companies have brought a lot of this on their own.

If one decides to go to another chain simply because they did not get that suite so be it. The grass is not always greener on the other side.

I have been flying for years, way too long and after all these years I really want just good service and maybe a little nicer room as for airlines I just buy the upgrade fare rather than sitting staring at my computer for the window to open, yes I can afford it, but thats why i work so damn hard!

Nothing personal to any of the readers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.