Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Lowest age to hit Lifetime Platinum

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2012, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by edgewood49
you know it seems that many people are getting a "entitlement" mindset when it comes to FF programs. Not that I have not fussed a bit myself, but when we come to expecting something we did not pay for all the time then the program begins to come apart. The more complaints or demands someone gets the less likely they are to be considerate of one's "status" We live in a world of "Status" and that my just be part of the problem. Maybe.

Having said that the companies have brought a lot of this on their own.

If one decides to go to another chain simply because they did not get that suite so be it. The grass is not always greener on the other side.

I have been flying for years, way too long and after all these years I really want just good service and maybe a little nicer room as for airlines I just buy the upgrade fare rather than sitting staring at my computer for the window to open, yes I can afford it, but thats why i work so damn hard!

Nothing personal to any of the readers.
+ 1 on this..
I've been traveling on a weekly basis for 15 years now...racked up plenty of miles and points on various airlines, hotel chains, and hertz points.
Lifetime SPG, MR, etc...

Right now, when I select a hotel to stay on a continual basis, I focus more on their customer service, rather than if they will upgrade me to their suites.

Case in point, I am a Platinum Premier, and has been staying at a Renaissance Hotel for the last 3-4 months...Do I get upgrades every week? No...but I still return there, because most of the staff there are friendly, know me by my name, and has provided excellent customer service.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by Commie
+ 1 on this..
I've been traveling on a weekly basis for 15 years now...racked up plenty of miles and points on various airlines, hotel chains, and hertz points.
Lifetime SPG, MR, etc...

Right now, when I select a hotel to stay on a continual basis, I focus more on their customer service, rather than if they will upgrade me to their suites.

Case in point, I am a Platinum Premier, and has been staying at a Renaissance Hotel for the last 3-4 months...Do I get upgrades every week? No...but I still return there, because most of the staff there are friendly, know me by my name, and has provided excellent customer service.
I don't disagree with you. I still choose my hotels based on customer service, and I don't expect to be upgraded. I only ask for space-available upgrades when I am on a personal trip--all I ask is that the hotel be honest with me as a Plat Premier. I think I've earned at least that much. (I accept the fact that I haven't even earned free breakfast except at select hotels on the weekend.)

On a business trip, I don't care if I have a tiny Marriott room with a dumpster view as long as it is clean and has internet.

Now back to the most popular topics on this thread--how to LNF your way to an extra low rate and how to scheme your way to free Platinum status.

Last edited by JW6130; Oct 21, 2012 at 10:05 am
Old Oct 21, 2012, 10:06 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
+1

Originally Posted by JW6130
Now back to the most popular topics on this thread--how to LNF your way to an extra low rate and how to scheme your way to free Platinum status.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 3:54 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by Commie
+ 1 on this..
Lifetime SPG, MR, etc...

X2 thank exactly what I have done!
Old Oct 23, 2012, 1:20 pm

Programs: AA-LEP,United-1K Again!, USAIR-CHRMN, MW Plat Prem, SW-Gold, Hilton-Silver, Hertz-Platnium
Originally Posted by MNAudiS4
Title is pretty straight forward.

I will be 34 yrs and 7 months. If i would have signed up for Marriott in college i would have it by the time was i was 30.

sitting at 1155 nights and over 4 million lifetime points.
I was 34 and 2 months. I started traveling at 22 and have traveled pretty extensively since then.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 10:48 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Age 35
690 nights
1.3MM pts
LT Silver

Will likely stay 110 more this year and make LT Gold. LT Plat likely by end of 2016 with 940+ nights if my current situation keeps up.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 12:08 am

Programs: UA GS, Marriott LP, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by aaupgrade
Requires 12 years as MR Member so that would put 19 year old at 31.
12 years? Where did you here that? I started MR in early 09 and was LP by March 14.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 8:25 am
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Originally Posted by ZZYZXROAD
12 years? Where did you here that? I started MR in early 09 and was LP by March 14.
This is the problem with tomb-raiding old threads.

AAupgrade posted on this thread in 2012 but since then Marriott changed its lifetime parameters to cancel the minimum membership and prior status conditions.

The current lifetime criteria, as at March 2015 is:

Silver 250 nights and 1,200,000 points
Gold 500 nights and 1,600,000 points
Platinum 750 nights and 2,000,000 points

Note the points don't have to be saved in your account, you can earn and burn as you go, you just need to have earned the points over your membership term.

All points and nights count towards these totals including credit card points and nights, bonus points and nights, double points and nights, goodwill points and nights etc, etc, etc.

And, no, at 48 I'm not the youngest LTGold
Old Mar 21, 2015, 12:03 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
just as a reminder since this thread was bumped. To find LT progress:

Click on My Account --> Account Overview

There's a Lifetime Status link right under your yearly progress bar near the top.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 5:13 pm

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum

I'm guessing that with the MR credit card and various MS we'll see a lot more LTP soon. I'll bank 50-55 nights just on spend alone plus the 100-140 I'll actually stay this year. If I hadn't skipped Marriott for a couple years and had done the MS I would have been LTP by 33.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 5:10 am

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by bigshooter
I'm guessing that with the MR credit card and various MS we'll see a lot more LTP soon. I'll bank 50-55 nights just on spend alone plus the 100-140 I'll actually stay this year. If I hadn't skipped Marriott for a couple years and had done the MS I would have been LTP by 33.
It don't think there are enough people doing MS to constitute a significant portion of the LTP crowd. Whereas there are plenty of heavy road warriors who stay primarily at Marriott. Someone doing your level of travel even without the MS could still hit LTP in 5-7 years, depending on your average spend/night and whether you can charge stays to the credit card.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 10:41 am

Programs: AC SE, Marriott LTPP, Avis +
Hit LTP same time as Op
Old Mar 23, 2015, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by darthbimmer
It don't think there are enough people doing MS to constitute a significant portion of the LTP crowd. Whereas there are plenty of heavy road warriors who stay primarily at Marriott. Someone doing your level of travel even without the MS could still hit LTP in 5-7 years, depending on your average spend/night and whether you can charge stays to the credit card.
Agree. I have yet to see one person hitting the MR CC hard over in the MS forum. It's just not worth it. Other than the sign up bonuses, the only hotel CC value-wise worth considering for non-bonus MS is Starwood AMEX.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 6:35 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Platinum Premier, SPG Plat, Delta Skymiles Silver Medallion
Hit LTP right when I turned 30. I had the nights about a year before, but due to the deep discount government rate it took a little longer to earn the points. Had the credit card and about 120 BIB nights per year. Took a little less than 5 years.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 1:46 am

Programs: UA MP, Southwest RR
Well if any if you LT'ers want to pass along points, I'm basically a single parent while my significant other plays war games on ships, so these make my spring break. I shop religiously through the earn points mall, but being a primary parent has hardened my availability to get these kids to fun places! Having to buy back my gold status each year for the past two....I loyally stay no other place than Marriott, and if my sig other travels he passes the points, but his trips have been more of the cruise variety if you know what I mean.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.