FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lowest age to hit Lifetime Platinum
View Single Post
Old Oct 21, 2012, 8:00 am
edgewood49

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by JW6130
CPRich, I don't blame Marriott at all for wanting to sell their best product rather than give it away as an upgrade. But I do expect the person checking me in to be honest about that. I would gladly pay for the upgrade if offered the opportunity to do so.

On the flip side, Marriott shouldn't be surprised if I give my travel spending to whoever gives me the most for my dollar. Loyalty is a two-way street.
you know it seems that many people are getting a "entitlement" mindset when it comes to FF programs. Not that I have not fussed a bit myself, but when we come to expecting something we did not pay for all the time then the program begins to come apart. The more complaints or demands someone gets the less likely they are to be considerate of one's "status" We live in a world of "Status" and that my just be part of the problem. Maybe.

Having said that the companies have brought a lot of this on their own.

If one decides to go to another chain simply because they did not get that suite so be it. The grass is not always greener on the other side.

I have been flying for years, way too long and after all these years I really want just good service and maybe a little nicer room as for airlines I just buy the upgrade fare rather than sitting staring at my computer for the window to open, yes I can afford it, but thats why i work so damn hard!

Nothing personal to any of the readers.