Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Gran Hotel dei Dogi, The Dedica Anthology, Venice, Italy [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gran Hotel dei Dogi, The Dedica Anthology, Venice, Italy [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2015, 5:07 pm

Programs: DIAMANTAIRE EXTRAORDINAIRE
Originally Posted by njxbean
Was there last weekend. Great hotel. Where will you be coming from? With 6 of you the private water taxi might be worth it.

However, its pretty easy to take the water bus. you can get a 24 hour ticket for 20 euro if i recall and take that to pretty close to the hotel. It will be about a 5 min walk from there (3 bridges). If the luggage is huge and you foresee a problem carrying it, then you may just want to grab the private taxi. They are pricey though.

The other option is they have porters(we found some by the train station) and they carried the luggage and we walked it from there. Wasnt a bad walk. About 20 mins.

shall be flying in DUS-VCE , My guess 6 suitcases plus some hand bags .

the hotel is asking for 130 euros for a private transfer from the airport to the hotel.

thanx for the help.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 5:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Lifetime PLT
Originally Posted by diamantaire
shall be flying in DUS-VCE , My guess 6 suitcases plus some hand bags .

the hotel is asking for 130 euros for a private transfer from the airport to the hotel.

thanx for the help.
I would say that is your best bet for 6 people then. Have fun!
Old Mar 15, 2015, 5:46 pm

Programs: DIAMANTAIRE EXTRAORDINAIRE
Originally Posted by njxbean
I would say that is your best bet for 6 people then. Have fun!
Thanx a lot

shall post my review /tips here !!
Old Mar 3, 2016, 4:35 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1K
Thumbs up

Many thanks one & all for the most excellent reviews & tips - especially on the best ways to travel from VCE ^

I'm staying at this property this Saturday & Sunday nights

Very much looking forward to it
Old Jun 29, 2016, 1:03 pm

Any new updates with this hotel?
Old Jun 29, 2016, 2:59 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Explorist, DL Silver
Stayed at this hotel over the Thanksgiving holidays - would 100% recommend. Awesome concierge service and hotel staff, breakfast for gold members (where they went out of their way to accommodate a dietary restriction), easy walk to anywhere we wanted to go. Quiet, and lovely. Used points to stay.

^
Old Jun 30, 2016, 8:42 am

Programs: M/R AMBASSADOR/LT/TIT/UASILVER/AAGOLD
Did you receive a room upgrade?
Old Jan 22, 2017, 11:38 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, Bonvoy Titanium, United Silver, various other midtier rankings
I just returned from there this past weekend. The warmest welcome I've ever received as Marriott Plat. I was upgraded to a junior suite with frescos on the walls, walked up to my room by the concierge, and with many requests was treated with amazing service.

No lounge. The breakfast was free, of course, including prosecco. The wait staff for breakfast was a mixture of robotic and warm. The lobby was cold (it was 32/0 outside, first snow they've seen in some time). I didn't eat dinner there. No fitness center, but they did have a spa. Water shuttles to Murano and St. Marcos Square. If I return with my wife, I wouldn't bother looking for another property.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 5:38 am

Additional Charge

Marriott's web site for this hotel indicates: "An extra person charge of EUR 65 per night per person applies to additional guests in room 12 years and older"

Does this mean I have to add 65 euros to the indicated price when there will be a total of 2 people in the room?
Old Jun 14, 2017, 7:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by canred
Marriott's web site for this hotel indicates: "An extra person charge of EUR 65 per night per person applies to additional guests in room 12 years and older"

Does this mean I have to add 65 euros to the indicated price when there will be a total of 2 people in the room?
Do a dummy booking of 1 guest & a dummy booking w/ 2 guests, & see if there's a 65E premium. It could be they're thinking for a 3rd guest vs. 2.

Cheers.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Do a dummy booking of 1 guest & a dummy booking w/ 2 guests, & see if there's a 65E premium. It could be they're thinking for a 3rd guest vs. 2.

Cheers.
I tried that and there is no change for between 1 and 2 people and a 43 euro increase for 3 people. This left me with the 65 euro question.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 9:09 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Avis President's Circle
Just arrived for a one night, two room stay on points. So far, they have treated me (Gold) like a king! They gave us the two adjoining terrace rooms out by the lagoon with their own private patios. I cannot believe no one has mentioned the two hotel mascots roaming the gardens! Within 5 minutes of sitting outside, two bunnies were lounging at my feet!

The check-in agent gave us a fantastic recommendation for lunch -- a local restaurant three bridges away who treated us like family.

Breakfast tomorrow is free, but will have to be quick as we have a transfer to VCE at 7:30.

I will post more thoughts tomorrow after breakfast and check-out.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 5:08 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Any recent stays. Looking to book two nights in early November. My other option is Hilton. My biggest concern is the cost of water taxi to and from. We are traveling alone so no one to share the cost.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 10:13 am

Programs: AA Platinum for Life (2MM), BR Gold, AS MVP Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold
I believe you can take a water bus to and from the airport. The stop you need is Orto, and it’s the first one from the airport and the last one en route to the airport.

Water taxi was 120 Euros.

Stayed September 2017.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 1:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by rstidolph
My other option is Hilton. My biggest concern is the cost of water taxi to and from. We are traveling alone so no one to share the cost.
You're going to have that issue wherever in Venice you stay. You can either take public transportation, which will involve some measure of hassle, or drop the cash for a private water taxi.

We did the private taxi both directions last April (did not stay at Boscolo) and I found it well worth the money. The boats are gorgeous and it's a super cool experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.