Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Really liking the Spring Hill Suites brand!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Really liking the Spring Hill Suites brand!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2010, 10:42 am

Programs: Delta DM!
I'm loving the SHS, too.. And trying to book myself there as often as I can. Spending a week in Earth City, MO at the SHS there.. I love that property. Conveniently located and very nice.
Old Jul 16, 2010, 11:13 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by travelingsalesgal
I'm loving the SHS, too.. And trying to book myself there as often as I can. Spending a week in Earth City, MO at the SHS there.. I love that property. Conveniently located and very nice.
Been there and will back you up on that.

Marriott has enticed me back to CY by offering the 10k points for 3 stays promotion. I've done two CY stays so far, but am having a hard time forcing myself to do the third. I've got to be in Greensboro at the beginning of August, so maybe the airport CY, which is decent.
Old Jul 16, 2010, 3:47 pm

Programs: Marriott, United, Enterprise
Originally Posted by travelingsalesgal
I'll be there as well--the nights of the 19th and 20th!
Old Jul 16, 2010, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by sixsixsixtynine
I'll be there as well--the nights of the 19th and 20th!
Awesome-- I'll be back there in August for the 9th through the 13th.. Looking forward to going back.
Old Jul 16, 2010, 4:55 pm

Programs: lots of little things
Originally Posted by elll
I have tried the SHS at IAH and really liked it so much better than the FI I have stay in the past. SHS is now one of the MR properties I will consider when I travel.
Currently in this property, relaxing as I type. it's the first new one I've stayed at and I'm really impressed. For me, they the design is just awesome. I feel like I should be paying much more. GREAT deal. I'll try to seek out the new ones more often.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...ental-airport/
Old Jul 16, 2010, 9:19 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by sophiegirl
Most of these posts are about the newer, glitzier, "aqua" prototype. If you find yourself in an older, non-renovated property, you could still be unimpressed. I never liked this brand at all until I hit the aqua model...
Some (most?) of the older SHS are total crap and cheaply built IMO. I cite the SHS in Overland Park, KS, in the middle of tornado alley where flushing to the left and right of you and a guest walking above you was completely audible. I would love to try a new one although a 1/2 wall is hardly family friendly if trying to enjoy "relations" on a vacation. I'd choose a RI despite the point 'ho I am....
Old Jul 16, 2010, 9:34 pm

Programs: Marriott, United, Enterprise
Originally Posted by joshua362
Some (most?) of the older SHS are total crap and cheaply built IMO. I cite the SHS in Overland Park, KS, in the middle of tornado alley where flushing to the left and right of you and a guest walking above you was completely audible. I would love to try a new one although a 1/2 wall is hardly family friendly if trying to enjoy "relations" on a vacation. I'd choose a RI despite the point 'ho I am....
And I'll be in that property the night of the 18th. Never had an issue with it.
Old Jul 16, 2010, 10:02 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by sixsixsixtynine
And I'll be in that property the night of the 18th. Never had an issue with it.
Very cool. I'll be the first to say that the staff are great and I am overly sensitive to noise when I sleep. Get a room on the 4th floor IMO.
Old Jul 20, 2010, 2:32 pm

Programs: united premier exec, marriott platinum
IAH SpringHill

The SHS at IAH is one of the new concept properties, too. Felt kinda like one of those IKEA floor model rooms, but in a good way. Only complaint: The shower is in one bath area and the sink/toilet is in another. That struck me as a little strange.

When I'm wheels up at 6 a.m., I'll still stay at the full-service property in the airport. Can't beat waking up and taking the weird, 2-minute train from the World of Tron to the terminal. But if the rate isn't good there, or I've got a little time in the morning, I'd gladly opt for the SHS and take their complimentary shuttle bus to the terminal.
Old Jul 21, 2010, 8:07 pm

I am at the SHS in east Wichita off Greenwich. It's right by the Hawker/ Beechcraft HQ. Loving the work space & couch area seperated from the sleeping area. Staff is fine, nothing exceptional... They have a bar with good drink specials (not that I tried anything!)

Anyway, I'll definitely be back! ^
Old Jul 21, 2010, 8:47 pm

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, UA, Marriott PLT, Starwood
What is a typical SHS breakfast? Similar to FI? Not too crazy about the Fairfield Inn breakfasts, or even the Residence Inn breakfasts, as a rule --- what does SHS offer?

So far, as we are doing some summer travel, we are staying at Courtyards for the most part, but would look at SHS as an alternative -

thanks in advance for any info---
Old Jul 21, 2010, 9:21 pm

Stayed at the new-within-the-year SpringHill in Vernal, Utah last week. It looks like no SpringHill I have been in before. Very different, and pleasant, room layout and color scheme with gauzy curtains down in the lobby giving it a way different feel. Such a different, even fun, experience that it made the Hampton-Inn-like breakfast offerings in the morning a bit of a let-down. Still, a definite recommendation for Vernal.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 12:10 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by travelingmore
What is a typical SHS breakfast? Similar to FI? Not too crazy about the Fairfield Inn breakfasts, or even the Residence Inn breakfasts, as a rule --- what does SHS offer?

So far, as we are doing some summer travel, we are staying at Courtyards for the most part, but would look at SHS as an alternative -

thanks in advance for any info---
Pretty much a carbon copy of the FI breakfast. Very generic, cheap offerings. Individual yogurt packets, apples, bananas, oatmeal, Kellogg's individually boxed cold cereal, milk, industrial small donuts or danish, heated egg product or wrapped microwavable Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches, styrofoam plates, thin black plastic cuttlery, bread slices next to a toaster, coffee, milk in individual cartons, orange and apple juice... You get the picture. Not the kind of breakfast I would make at home, but enough to grab and go. Sometimes there is a waffle maker. (Bet there is someone somewhere who's salivating over the thought of something within that description.)
Old Jul 22, 2010, 3:20 pm
LKO

Programs: Marriott platinum
I stayed at the SHS near the Baltimore airport and was very impressed with the property. They offer a free airport shuttle (it was several miles away) and are across from a large mall. The staff was great!
Old Jul 22, 2010, 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by CJKatl
Pretty much a carbon copy of the FI breakfast. Very generic, cheap offerings. Individual yogurt packets, apples, bananas, oatmeal, Kellogg's individually boxed cold cereal, milk, industrial small donuts or danish, heated egg product or wrapped microwavable Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches, styrofoam plates, thin black plastic cuttlery, bread slices next to a toaster, coffee, milk in individual cartons, orange and apple juice... You get the picture. Not the kind of breakfast I would make at home, but enough to grab and go. Sometimes there is a waffle maker. (Bet there is someone somewhere who's salivating over the thought of something within that description.)
This is exactly what breakfast was this morning.. There was a waffle maker, wooo! But otherwise just a cheapie spread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.