Newspaper Delivery Changes

Old Mar 20, 2018, 2:37 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
On Marriott's U.K. website:

1. Click "My Account" drop-down menu in the upper right-hand corner.
2. Click "Account Overview"
3. Click "Profile"
4. Scroll down.
5. Under "Personalize Your Stay" click "Edit"

It also gives me the option to select a refrigerator. I've never seen that option before.
Thanks. I selected WSJ, Save, and get the message "Your account has been updated." but it reverts to "No delivery (complimentary in lobby)" when I try to view the change.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 3:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by dayone
Thanks. I selected WSJ, Save, and get the message "Your account has been updated." but it reverts to "No delivery (complimentary in lobby)" when I try to view the change.
It's happening to me, too. Obviously, they don't want you to have this option, even though only the limited-service brands appear to be exempt from providing a newspaper.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 1:06 am

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Thought about you "newspaper" guys today as I was tossing the freshly-delivered phone book straight into the recycling bin
Old Mar 20, 2019, 6:26 am

Programs: UA 2P, AA LT Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
No more newspapers?

Staying at SHS MEM downtown, I went down to the lobby this morning expecting to find a free copy of USA Today. Staff told me "all newspapers eliminated, everything is online now". Is this an enhancement by Bonvoy or is this unique to this property?
Old Mar 20, 2019, 7:48 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by gardener
Staying at SHS MEM downtown, I went down to the lobby this morning expecting to find a free copy of USA Today. Staff told me "all newspapers eliminated, everything is online now". Is this an enhancement by Bonvoy or is this unique to this property?
Most of the full-service properties still have newspapers in the lobby or the club, concierge, executive or M Club lounge, if the property has a lounge.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 6:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
Originally Posted by gardener

Different properties have done different things. For example, some hotels have done away with all papers, in favor of the electronic offering. Others have dropped USA Today and kept WSJ and added a local paper.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 6:19 pm

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
I'm finding fewer and fewer properties are offering USAToday (IMO, not an issue as I've got online subscriptions to WaPo and NYT and USAToday was never much of a paper). That said, I'm finding more properties than before offering a local paper (which I appreciate). YMMV.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 6:35 pm
Suspended

Hotel LeVeque, Autograph Collection in Columbus, Ohio, had a couple copies of the local Columbus newspaper and a couple of copies of The Wall Street Journal in the lobby, but they went fast.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 5:38 am
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
The hotels on this trip have all been great about delivering daily newspapers- Hotel Arts, Maria Cristina, Palace Madrid, Alfonso XIII & Park Tower Knightsbridge.

No Wall Street Journals but Financial Times & NY Times.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 5:56 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by damon88
The hotels on this trip have all been great about delivering daily newspapers- Hotel Arts, Maria Cristina, Palace Madrid, Alfonso XIII & Park Tower Knightsbridge.

No Wall Street Journals but Financial Times & NY Times.
It's still a thing at international properties, especially 5-star properties that have ratings from outside agencies. I believe the UK's AA requires newspapers at hotels trying to get their 4-star or 5-star rating.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.