Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points Midtown, New York [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Points Midtown, New York [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2012, 3:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by GVA
I'm at the property now and Breakfast is 2 slices of bread, bowl of fruit and juice or coffee.

It is 250 or breakfast.

I will post a full review but this is to date my worst spg hotel stay in years. Stay well clear of this place.
sucks....thanks for the info....
Old Jan 1, 2013, 5:05 pm

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
Originally Posted by GVA
I'm at the property now and Breakfast is 2 slices of bread, bowl of fruit and juice or coffee.

It is 250 or breakfast.

I will post a full review but this is to date my worst spg hotel stay in years. Stay well clear of this place.
Killing me. I was in the Times Square Hampton 2 weeks ago only because I needed one more night for HH Diamond. Now back to normal and chose this SPG property, but your last sentence scared me. I am only here for one overnight, but god I hate crappy hotels.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 7:41 pm

Programs: LAN, AA, SPG
Originally Posted by etsmyers
Killing me. I was in the Times Square Hampton 2 weeks ago only because I needed one more night for HH Diamond. Now back to normal and chose this SPG property, but your last sentence scared me. I am only here for one overnight, but god I hate crappy hotels.
I don't understand: so you are there NOW and you find it to be "crappy"?
Old Jan 1, 2013, 8:57 pm

Sorry, was not clear. I am there tomorrow, but called it crappy based on a previous review calling it crappy
Old Jan 2, 2013, 12:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Sorry, was not clear. I am there tomorrow, but called it crappy based on a previous review calling it crappy
looking forward to a review....i'm staying here in a couple of weeks....
Old Jan 2, 2013, 3:39 am

Programs: DL Gold, AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hilton Dia, Hyatt Glob, CC Gold, Avis President's Club
From my stay in November, the Four Points improved the plat breakfast options.

You have the choice of their buffet (basic hot and cold options) or any of the following from a special menu, along with coffee & juice:

Two eggs, home fries, sausage / ham, toast
Spinach egg white omelet
Omelet with choice of meat & veggie toppings
Pancakes
French Toast
Light favorites (pick any two from a selection of muffins, bagels, yogurt, oatmeal, sausage, etc)
Old Jan 2, 2013, 4:42 am

It was the word "here" that threw me.

I hope you will concur with the majority of what I have read: that this is a decent property. The one issue people seem to want to discuss is the location which for me is actually a winner as I would much rather deal with anything other than the hordes of tourists around Times Square. I will be trying out this property soon myself so will be interested in your impressions.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 5:51 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
We were there the weekend before Christmas (@ about $150 less than the Westin/night) and were very pleased with our stay. Not Plat, so can't speak about the breakfast, but we were given early checkin (1:30PM), nice high floor with a view of the ESB, and the staff was as friendly as could be hoped for.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 6:38 am

A few points about my stay.

I checked in yesterday. Promptly acknowledged by the FD clerk. Requested valet, she gave me a sign to put in the window of my car and called for valet staff. Checked in, gave me a high room with Empire SB view. Room typical NY size, TINY TINY. Went out to dinner with coworker, back to the pub in the hotel. So so service.

Back in my room, no luggage rack to be found. Propped open the window only to find the restricter bar was broken and it opened all the way. Uncool for the 21st floor. The headboard was not attached to the wall and fell halfway through the night. Breakfast service was POOR this am. I went to the restaurant for service, after 10 minutes, no server, no one around. Went to get a cup of tea in the lobby, hot water was empty. I found the server in her area on her laptop. No wonder I had no service for breakfast. She was miffed I asked for hot water.

Earlier in the am, I went to check email and got this message.

Too many subscribers are already logged in. Please try again later.

Please contact your Network Administrator in case of problems.

I really like the lobby and FD staff. I LOVED the AAA rate of $143. I may give the property one more try.

Last edited by etsmyers; Jan 3, 2013 at 10:03 am
Old Jan 3, 2013, 6:21 pm

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
You used the valet?

They validate parking for the garage next door @ $28/night. Even if someone else is paying, I can't fathom giving the car to a valet.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 7:10 pm

My exact question was what my parking options were.

I was only told the valet
Old Jan 4, 2013, 5:49 am

My exact question was what my parking options were.

I was only told the valet
They got some nerve. But I've also found they've got some ignorance, it took a bit of asking around to find out what garage they validated at -- it used to be one on another block, IIRC.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A few points about my stay.

I checked in yesterday. Promptly acknowledged by the FD clerk. Requested valet, she gave me a sign to put in the window of my car and called for valet staff. Checked in, gave me a high room with Empire SB view. Room typical NY size, TINY TINY. Went out to dinner with coworker, back to the pub in the hotel. So so service.

Back in my room, no luggage rack to be found. Propped open the window only to find the restricter bar was broken and it opened all the way. Uncool for the 21st floor. The headboard was not attached to the wall and fell halfway through the night. Breakfast service was POOR this am. I went to the restaurant for service, after 10 minutes, no server, no one around. Went to get a cup of tea in the lobby, hot water was empty. I found the server in her area on her laptop. No wonder I had no service for breakfast. She was miffed I asked for hot water.

Earlier in the am, I went to check email and got this message.

Too many subscribers are already logged in. Please try again later.

Please contact your Network Administrator in case of problems.

I really like the lobby and FD staff. I LOVED the AAA rate of $143. I may give the property one more try.
doesn't sound like a very good stay....your post just convinced me to switch my stay to the element....
Old Jan 12, 2013, 6:44 am

Does anyone have an email address for this prop?

SPG CS swears to me that they don't have any email address!
Old Jan 12, 2013, 7:35 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by phlashba
SPG CS swears to me that they don't have any email address!
I would call back. When you call back ask for a particular person/department.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.