Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Sao Paulo WTC Hotel, Brazil [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Sao Paulo WTC Hotel, Brazil [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2010, 6:51 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
I stayed at this hotel in early February. I was assigned a twin room, despite reserving a king (not happy). The room was ok, it appeared renovated, the bathroom was all marble, there was a small sitting area with a chair and sofa in the room

Clean and included free wireless - a big savings over the Hilton across the street. The room service staff was extremely friendly and helpful - much more so than the front desk staff. Although they were acceptable

I just tried to book another stay here for 20-24 March but the best rate I could get was US$450 vs US$200 at the Hilton, which I think is actually nicer
Old Mar 17, 2010, 2:18 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
I have a choice between the Sheraton and Hilton nearby. I have a very low corporate rate at both properties and as a SPG plat and only HH Silver I would prefer the Sheraton. But from the sounds of it the Hilton is a better property and given this is a week long stay, I'd rather go to the better property. Any thoughts?
Old Mar 17, 2010, 6:38 pm
GB

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton GLD
Both the Hilton and Hyatt are much better properties. I prefer the Hyatt.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 9:04 pm

Thanks for the confirmation. Both Hilton and Starwood give us rediculously low corp rates (low to mid $100 range) whereas our corp rate at the Grand Hyatt is about twice as much. I like Hyatts, but not for that price difference. The Hilton looks to be most convenient location wise too.
Originally Posted by GB
Both the Hilton and Hyatt are much better properties. I prefer the Hyatt.
Old Mar 18, 2010, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stephem
Thanks for the confirmation. Both Hilton and Starwood give us rediculously low corp rates (low to mid $100 range) whereas our corp rate at the Grand Hyatt is about twice as much. I like Hyatts, but not for that price difference. The Hilton looks to be most convenient location wise too.
The Hilton is an excellent hotel, and far better than the Sheraton WTC.
Old Apr 15, 2010, 10:46 pm

I got a chance to try both the Hilton and Sheraton. Spent the week at the Hilton and then had to head back after UA and AA flights were cancelled out of GRU due to crew shortages from the volcano eruption. When I returned, the Hilton was sold out so I moved over the Sheraton. It's a definite step down from the Hilton. The club up on the pool level is a hoot though, my brazilian friend took pity on me missing a flight home and took me up there for some amusement value. There are plenty of hip places in Sao Paulo, but the club is very much stuck in the 80's.
Old May 3, 2010, 10:34 pm

So I shouldn't be excited to be staying at the Sheraton? If I am. Second time I've tried to stay there, second time they've ballsed me up. This time I booked a stay 5-19 June, and when i last checked it it had been moved to 26-7 April and I'd been billed for it. I'm waiting to find out what's going on, but have been told the hotel will respond. As I'm still waiting for a response from them from October last year, I have a feeling that won't be helpful. Unfortunatley I only get corp rates at Sheraton. I can't jump the double cost to go to the Hilton. Well, on someone else's dime I would....
Old Nov 24, 2010, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Hmmm ... we are in GRU for NYE, and had thought this might be a wise use of 10,000 points a night ... maybe NOT reading these reviews!

Sounds rather down market and jaded?

Glen
Old Nov 24, 2010, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by ozstamps
Hmmm ... we are in GRU for NYE, and had thought this might be a wise use of 10,000 points a night ... maybe NOT reading these reviews!

Glen
Not a good location for holiday excitement but not necessarily tired and jaded either. They have a category of room called Design Room/Suite which is a step above their Club Rooms. Each room is furnished/designed by a different Brazilian Desiigner/Architect with a plaque outside the room telling you whose bed you are sleeping in. These rooms have their own lounge which is a few steps up in quality from the Club Lounge. The lounge has an all day self-serve bar as well as the usual breakfast and cocktail hour.
As a Platinum I received an upgrade from a classic room to a design room on a ridiculously cheap BRG rate.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 2:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ozstamps

Glen
Location for New Years Eve is not really that great- consider this is very convenient as it is in a large office complex- but for New Years I would look for something near Jardins as a suggestion.
Old Jan 2, 2011, 6:41 am

Programs: AA Platinum, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Just stayed here under my corporate rate and I was shocked at the Platinum recognition! After reading this thread I requested a design room and was told that no design rooms were available. They did put me on the club floor and gave me club access, but I really wanted to see what the design rooms were like. After calling the front desk later in the day, I was told that the hotel was totally empty and there were plenty of design rooms available, although some were being renovated. When the front desk associate got back to me she said the manager refused to upgrade me to a design room unless we paid an upsell fee. They added that my rate was too low and since I booked a "standard" room and not a club room, they could not afford to upgrade me! After hearing this I immediately canceled the rest of my reservation and moved to the Renaissance, which has a much better location and better customer service. And to top it all off the air conditioning in our room was broken!
Old Jun 20, 2011, 3:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, IHG Elite KLM Flying Blue,
Originally Posted by 3544quebec
Not a good location for holiday excitement but not necessarily tired and jaded either. They have a category of room called Design Room/Suite which is a step above their Club Rooms. Each room is furnished/designed by a different Brazilian Desiigner/Architect with a plaque outside the room telling you whose bed you are sleeping in. These rooms have their own lounge which is a few steps up in quality from the Club Lounge. The lounge has an all day self-serve bar as well as the usual breakfast and cocktail hour.
As a Platinum I received an upgrade from a classic room to a design room on a ridiculously cheap BRG rate.
I will stay here for the second time at the end of July. The tranfer from GRU to the hotel is rather high, 140usd. How did you transfer from the airport to the hotel? Did you take f.i. the Guadaloop airport taxi? I noticed a price of 85usd, depending on the traffic it could be higher. I also noted they could have flat rates??
Old Jun 21, 2011, 12:44 am

The Airport Bus Service http://www.airportbusservice.com.br/ has a route Guarulhos-Berrini that terminates at the Hyatt Hotel about 5 blocks from the Sheraton and costs BRL30
Old Jun 21, 2011, 11:04 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, IHG Elite KLM Flying Blue,
Originally Posted by 3544quebec
The Airport Bus Service http://www.airportbusservice.com.br/ has a route Guarulhos-Berrini that terminates at the Hyatt Hotel about 5 blocks from the Sheraton and costs BRL30
Thanks! Is it safe to travel with this bus and is the terminationstop safe?
Old Jun 21, 2011, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by claes059
Thanks! Is it safe to travel with this bus and is the terminationstop safe?
I'm glad I didn't suggest the 10 Reais Public Bus to Metro to Train route

The Airport Bus is perfectly safe and the drop-off point at the Hyatt is a good area but I would hop in a taxi at the Hyatt to get to the Sheraton if you have luggage not because the walk is unsafe but because the footpaths are atrocious!

If your arrival doesn't coincide with the timetable for the bus that I suggested almost as good is to take the more frequent bus run by the same company at the same price to Congonhas Airport and hop in a taxi there - its BRL20-25 to the Sheraton

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.