Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

JW Marriott Hotel Los Angeles at L.A. LIVE [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 2, 2017, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
Upgraded wireless Internet is complimentary in your guest room, and Gold Elite members enjoy a 10 percent discount on all purchases in our BLVD shop.

Executive Lounge – located on the 4th floor of the hotel, our Executive Lounge is open Monday through Friday 6:30am- 10am for breakfast. We are happy to provide breakfast for two at Glance, (previously called Ford's Filling Station), the lobby level restaurant on Saturday and Sunday.

Activities – the following amenities are offered at the hotel:

· Pool Deck, 4th floor open daily from 7 a.m. – 10 p.m.

· The Ritz-Carlton Spa, 2nd floor open daily from 9 a.m. – 8 p.m.

· Fitness Center, 2nd floor is open 24 hours

Destination Fee

The $30+taxes destination fee includes the following amenities - redeemable via the passport they hand you at check-in:
  • Premium internet (with a special code instead of logging in with name/room number)
  • $20 food and beverage credit daily [resets at 12pm according to reports]
  • "Wine tasting" from 4:30-5pm at the hotel restaurant (choice of house wines, either 2 half glasses of white and red, or 1 glass of white or red)
  • Admission to the Grammy Museum
  • Free small popcorn at Regal theater (requires coupon from front desk)
  • 1 hour of bowling at Lucky Strike between 4-6pm (once per stay)
The hotel current does not provide an alternate amenity for elites to replace the premium internet included in the destination fee.

To get acquainted with the exciting recreation, entertainment, attractions and shopping options on and around the hotel, please visit: www.lalivemarriott.com
Print Wikipost

JW Marriott Hotel Los Angeles at L.A. LIVE [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2016, 1:02 am

A few more small things were off on this (above) stay so I decided to call and just mention them. We really like this hotel and want them to keep up their customer service so we don't have to pick a new place to stay in LA. Customer Service said they would give my list of comments to the GM - but we were really surprised when Traveler got an email note from the GM the very same day! She said she appreciated the information and would handle improving the areas they messed up on. I think they actually listen when you don't want anything but proper service for your money.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 6:26 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Silver, Hertz
I just finished up a 2-night stay here on business. As a Plat, I got an upgrade to a Jr Suite, which was a lovely corner room on the 15th floor. Huge bathroom, great views from the many windows and generally spacious throughout. I found everyone at the hotel to be friendly and helpful. Typically the hotel's rate is over my corporate cap for the LA area, but I got a AAA rate of $199.

The offerings in the lounge were excellent at breakfast and pretty good in the evening. The lounge was busy, but the staff did a good job of refilling the food as needed. I liked that they had some outdoor seating.

I finished up work a bit early the one day and was able to use the pool area. While the chairs around the pool itself were taken up by families, there is a whole area off to the side that was empty (and quiet). Ideal for this solo female business traveler!

I am a outdoor runner and was skeptical about where I could go given it is downtown LA, but the hotel had a route map already made up. It worked out well, especially since I went at 6 AM before the traffic got crazy. Yeah, I hit a few traffic lights, but it was fine.

The valet parking is $45, which seems steep but given that I have paid $55 in Philly and $60 in NYC, it wasn't that bad You can text them when you need your car and I found that my car was delivered within 15 minutes of sending the text both times I needed it.

FYI. One night I was with customers, but the other night I was free and headed over to the Yard House, which is in the next block. Nice happy hour options for food and drink!
Old Jul 20, 2016, 9:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 4:21 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Rewards Platinum, HHonors Gold
Smile Video Review

I recently stayed at the JW Marriott LA Live for one night and did a DETAILED video review of the hotel. If you're interested, you can check it out here:

Other notes not in the video that flyertalker's would be interested in -- parking is now $49 a night. As a platinum I was *not* upgraded to a suite. It was the weekend, the lounge was closed, so we were provided breakfast in the restaurant in the lobby.
ralphs likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 11:35 pm

Programs: UAL 1K MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by TravelersWife
We just checked in for one night. This is probably our 10th-12th stay in 3 years so we aren't regulars. Hubby is Plat Premier and no upgrade which we try not to expect. We weren't asked if we wanted points or voucher. Just told we were getting points. (And forgot to let her know we prefer the voucher) Like this hotel but this stay is disappointing. We usually book a Jr. Suite so a regular room feels blah. There is a mop leaning in our doorway and the exec king next door has glasses and leftovers from last night. There is large used food trolley right near the elevators. Everyone on our side passes it....just feels sloppy. I've seen several staff in the hallway just passing by the messes.
Stayed Friday night , had hospitality suite , very average stay for this platinum
Old Oct 15, 2016, 4:01 pm

Programs: MR Plat; AA Gold; UA Silver
Somewhat delayed review - I spent 2 nights here over Labor Day weekend. It was my second time here. Overall, as many mentioned, this hotel is fine. It doesn't quite feel like a JW though. As a Plat, I was upgraded to an executive room (exactly the same as the poster with the video above). The pool area is nice, and has plenty of seating and the pool is big enough to hold everyone without feeling crowded.

The breakfast buffet at Ford's on weekends is superior to what's offered in the lounge, so I wasn't upset about that. The lounge offerings, aside from breakfast, are very good. The hot items at night are superior to most other Marriott's I've been to.

The hotel is about a 10 min walk to the subway (metro center) and it's an easy ride to Hollywood. You can also walk to most of the downtown LA attractions (what few there are).

If you in DTLA, great places to eat include Grand Central Market (a variety of eateries, much like Reading Terminal in Philly) and Phillippe the Original, home of the French Dip sandwich. LA's Union Station is also worth check out. I think it's the most beautiful train station in the US.

So it's a fine hotel for downtown if you can get a good rate. When the SPG merger is finalized I will probably stay at the Sheraton downtown as it's closer to the subway.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 5:29 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Explorist; Bonvoy Platinum
Has anyone ever booked this property via the Chase UR portal?

The room I'm considering booking is classified as "Double occupancy room, assigned by hotel at check in". Curious if my Marriott elite status will help with any room assignment/upgrade if I book using this method.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
A few recent stays here: one stay the Deluxe room was larger than the "Executive" on the next stay. Other than higher floor, absolutely no difference in amenities or features of either boring room.

Aromatherapy Associates is a great Brittish brand of soaps; however, the JW Marriott version is made in China and has chemicals the British version does not have.

Lounge was better than say a Sheraton; but I didn't see what the fuss is about at Ford's Filling station; looked like pretty low-quality items from Sysco industrial foodservice to me.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 10:26 am

Staying here this weekend, a Junior Suite is on sale with a AAA rate for $328 a night. Ill post a review after the fact.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 11:23 pm

Was here recently for a short work trip (Friday to Monday.) room was nice, no real difference I could tell from a FS Marriott. Kinda a let down as it was my first JW trip. Can’t normally find a JW that will match my travel allowance. No upgrade as a plat, had to call a CSR to fix my folio.

It was a nice hotel don’t get me wrong. Very much catered to the convention crowd.

Lounge had limited hours on weekends ( breakfast only) FYI.

It it was a good stay, just nothing memorable. Restaurant food was great.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 10:27 am

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 4:38 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Just stayed here for one night. Reminded me that I really didn't like it last time, either.

First the positives. Staff were uniformly great - chipper and helpful. 2 pm checkout granted without a blink. The lounge is also not bad for a domestic Marriott. Evening spread was pretty nice, with two hot options.

Now the negatives. Rooms are small and bland. Only upgrade was to "club level" which is of course no upgrade at all. Bed and pillows were uncomfortable, sheets were ripped. Terrible lighting, no power outlets near the bed. Doors slam loudly. Room service quality was pretty low (I was trapped in room working two meals in a row) and they messed up one of my orders.

Most annoying was if you have a Staples Center view, the curtains do not completely block the flashing neon lights, which woke me up repeatedly through the night. I was also surprised that the lounge did not open until 6:30 a.m., which seems awfully late for a business hotel - confirmed by the fact that it was absolutely packed by 6:45.

My last two Springhill Suites stays were better than this one.
itsaboutthejourney likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 10:07 am

Booked a standard room here over the weekend and got a very nice surprise upgrade to the Ritz Carlton plus the Club lounge for the night as a Gold member. A $300 a night room to a $1000 a night room. Would definitely do it again lol.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 11:30 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by phant0m
Booked a standard room here over the weekend and got a very nice surprise upgrade to the Ritz Carlton plus the Club lounge for the night as a Gold member.
I would assume the JW was overbooked and this was the equivalent of a walk.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
I would assume the JW was overbooked and this was the equivalent of a walk.
It is an equivalent of a walk but I don't think it was overbooked. I kept checking the pricing every few days leading up to the stay and the pricing kept going down.

Either way, Ritz still > JW by name and the club lounge was a very nice surprise.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.