Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

JW Marriott Hotel Los Angeles at L.A. LIVE [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 2, 2017, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
Upgraded wireless Internet is complimentary in your guest room, and Gold Elite members enjoy a 10 percent discount on all purchases in our BLVD shop.

Executive Lounge – located on the 4th floor of the hotel, our Executive Lounge is open Monday through Friday 6:30am- 10am for breakfast. We are happy to provide breakfast for two at Glance, (previously called Ford's Filling Station), the lobby level restaurant on Saturday and Sunday.

Activities – the following amenities are offered at the hotel:

· Pool Deck, 4th floor open daily from 7 a.m. – 10 p.m.

· The Ritz-Carlton Spa, 2nd floor open daily from 9 a.m. – 8 p.m.

· Fitness Center, 2nd floor is open 24 hours

Destination Fee

The $30+taxes destination fee includes the following amenities - redeemable via the passport they hand you at check-in:
  • Premium internet (with a special code instead of logging in with name/room number)
  • $20 food and beverage credit daily [resets at 12pm according to reports]
  • "Wine tasting" from 4:30-5pm at the hotel restaurant (choice of house wines, either 2 half glasses of white and red, or 1 glass of white or red)
  • Admission to the Grammy Museum
  • Free small popcorn at Regal theater (requires coupon from front desk)
  • 1 hour of bowling at Lucky Strike between 4-6pm (once per stay)
The hotel current does not provide an alternate amenity for elites to replace the premium internet included in the destination fee.

To get acquainted with the exciting recreation, entertainment, attractions and shopping options on and around the hotel, please visit: www.lalivemarriott.com
Print Wikipost

JW Marriott Hotel Los Angeles at L.A. LIVE [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2010, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Also see:

http://www.hotelchatter.com/story/20...ficially_Open_
Old Feb 16, 2010, 4:55 pm

Programs: FT Member # 642
Originally Posted by Non-NonRev

I was there. If you look at that clip you will see my hand raise at the bottom of the screen to take a photo.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 7:48 pm

Programs: Delta PM 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by wingless
I was told today that they now have reservations open for the JW Marriott as yesterday for March 1st and the Ritz-Carlton as of April 1st.

Here is my blog from my visit today. http://southparkinla.blogspot.com/20...z-carlton.html

That's interesting because I have a confirmed reservation for 2-19 - I will have to see what is going on !!!!
Old Feb 16, 2010, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by danola
That's interesting because I have a confirmed reservation for 2-19 - I will have to see what is going on !!!!
When I posted that it was the information they gave me but yes...it is open today and is fully booked

Here are the pictures of the opening including the ribbon cutting ceremony.

http://southparkinla.blogspot.com/20...bruary-16.html
Old Jun 15, 2010, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any trip reports from this hotel yet?
Old Jun 15, 2010, 8:33 am

Here are some reviews on yelp http://www.yelp.com/biz/jw-marriott-...ve-los-angeles The bad reviews seem to be about price or other silly reason.

I haven't stayed there because I live 2 blocks away but I have dined there several times and some mornings I walk over and get some coffee and read the paper in the lobby.
Old Jun 15, 2010, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Here are some reviews on yelp http://www.yelp.com/biz/jw-marriott-...ve-los-angeles The bad reviews seem to be about price or other silly reason.

I haven't stayed there because I live 2 blocks away but I have dined there several times and some mornings I walk over and get some coffee and read the paper in the lobby.
Thanks wingless- looking forward to a FTer review!
I don't remember this area of LA as being very nice, but I am basing this on ten years ago, which I know in LA terms is 1000 years- so am debating- where to stay for an upcoming (personal not business) trip- I like to test out new things and areas- however as I don't need to be anywhere particular in the L.A. area my debate is bewteen the JW and the Four Seasons Beverly Hills- not really sure what to think at this point.
Old Jun 15, 2010, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Thanks wingless- looking forward to a FTer review!
I don't remember this area of LA as being very nice, but I am basing this on ten years ago, which I know in LA terms is 1000 years- so am debating- where to stay for an upcoming (personal not business) trip- I like to test out new things and areas- however as I don't need to be anywhere particular in the L.A. area my debate is bewteen the JW and the Four Seasons Beverly Hills- not really sure what to think at this point.

The area has changed a lot since 10 years. You wouldn't recognize it. There are dozens of new restaurants, wine bars and bars (and I am not including all of the places in LA Live). A lot of new high rise lofts too. If you end up staying down here let me know and I can give you some recommendations.

One thing about downtown is you can take the trains to Long Beach, Hollywood, Universal City and Pasadena without bothering with driving and parking.

LA Live has clubs, restaurants, theatre and cinema too http://www.lalive.com
Old Jun 15, 2010, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The area has changed a lot since 10 years. You wouldn't recognize it. There are dozens of new restaurants, wine bars and bars (and I am not including all of the places in LA Live). A lot of new high rise lofts too. If you end up staying down here let me know and I can give you some recommendations.

One thing about downtown is you can take the trains to Long Beach, Hollywood, Universal City and Pasadena without bothering with driving and parking.
Hi Wingless- thanks a lot- it is always great to test out new areas in such a fascinating city like L.A.- I like the train idea as well, as driving is never fun- that is really nice- I will PM you when I know my plans.

Hopefully others will post a review of having stayed at this hotel- anything nice in terms of treatment for Golds, lounge quality, overall hotel, pool....
Old Nov 12, 2011, 6:24 pm

Programs: SPG Gold-no diff than Plat, so who cares; Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, US CP
I'm on my last night of a two night stay at the JW LA Live. I love this hotel. It is my favorite LA hotel w/o the pretentiousness in town, and the location is excellent, especially if you are needing to be downtown. Honestly, I really do not like the Marriott brands except for the JW, and this one beats the Hyatt CC, Andaz, Westin and Sheraton by a mile.

Service is consistently excellent. Valet is quick ($40/night-on the low end for full service LA area hotels). Easy easy walk to restaurants, grocery store and theater. I'm a lowly Silver for Marriott (they have never taken it away from me despite only 2-3 Marriott stays a year), but always acknowledge the status with a slightly above average room (no club, but that's ok).

Room is quite large--shower is the best I've seen out there. Everyone here is willing to help and go above and beyond.

The downfall here is the price--it's not a cheap place. I'm here on a $179 AAA w/free breakfast (outstanding full buffet w/kitchen orders allowed), so got lucky. AAA is the only way I can stay here under my per diem. Great facility; highly recommended.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 8:25 pm

Programs: US AIRWAYS CHAIRMAN, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, HILTON DIAMOND
Brief Trip Report

This is my second 3-night stay here. I'm not a professional trip report writer so let me just bullet point some thoughts:

- Valet: Expensive ($40 / night). Car hops are fast, friendly, professional. These guys hussle, which makes me feel like they are earning the high fee. I call down in the morning and my car is ready by the time i take the elevator down.

- Concierge Lounge: Tons of food, and good food. I had scrambled eggs, smoked salmon, bacon, fantastic blueberry muffins, some spicy Italian salami I think, orange juice, coffee, and 4 kinds of fresh huge delicious berries this morning for breakfast. And there was a bunch of other stuff. At night, they have 4 hot appetizers and a ton of other snack-ish type food. There is a fully stocked honor bar if you want a drink.

- Shower: Unbelievable. There is a huge shower head, tons of water, lots of pressure, big shower area. I start looking forward to taking a shower when I get back to the room when I leave my office at work. It is amazing.

- Front desk service: Professional, friendly, young staff. They make a point of using your name, a lot. People like that I guess. One of the front desk people stand in the lobby and greet you as soon as you walk in, and then introduce you (by name) to somebody else that is behind the lobby desk.

- Very busy lobby: There are a few different restaurants and lounges and what not in the lobby. It has been packed with people when I get back from the office (6 - 7pm). I haven't hung out in the lobby but it looks like a fun area to unwind after a long day.

- Room service: I've had room service 3 of the 6 days I've been here. Actually not very pricey in my opinion. Tonight I had the fish special (grilled halibut with asparagus, rice, and some vegetables, with breads. Yesterday I had Margharita Pizza and shrimp appetizer. The fish tonight was really good. Standard full service Marriotts have decent dinners in my opinion, but this fish was way better than decent. I think the fish meal was $27, plus delivery.

- Room: I've been upgraded both weeks. Last week I was on the very top floor and the room had a cool view of Los Angeles. This week my room is a corner suite. This suite is twice the size of the apartment I shared with my wife in Chicago a few years back. It is probably about 800 square feet, and two whole sides are windows. Completely unnecessary for me because I'm at work all day but if you like big rooms or if you can get your family to go with you this would be a big plus for you. The room itself is essentially brand new (I think the hotel is 2 years old). A few couches and chairs and ottomans, big closet, desk, etc.

- Other: This morning (5th morning I've woken up here) I get a handwritten note thanking me for my business and telling me I can get a movie for free. It was a pretty long handwritten note. So it says I've got 826 Marriott membership nights on my profile when I check the website tonight, so I'm not a travel novice, and I'll tell you handwritten notes are not a common occurrence (for me anyway). It is a nice touch.

I've admittedly never stayed in a JW before, but I've been Marriott Platinum and Hilton Diamond for nearly a decade and nearly always stay at full service properties. So maybe this level of service is normal for JWs...but I'm impressed. Overall I'd highly recommend this property. I'm somewhat surprised there aren't more reviews on this place on flyertalk. The next time you are in Los Angeles you should come here -- you won't be disappointed.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 8:29 pm

ATHopkins19 Nice review!
Old Mar 21, 2012, 9:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
AT, nice 'trip report'!

Re: the exec lounge. Do you know (or can you ask) if it's open on the weekends? If it's not, is it key accessible for sodas/soft drinks? If it's not, do they provide breakfast coupons to Gold/Plats? Does it have an i-net terminal or free wifi? If you know (or can get the answer) I'll update the exec lounge open/closed sticky.

Thx! Cheers.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 9:46 pm

Programs: US AIRWAYS CHAIRMAN, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, HILTON DIAMOND
SkiAdcock: Concierge closes at noon on Friday and re-opens from 5 - 10pm on Sundays. When closed it is fully closed -- no getting Cokes or snacks. No free breakfast for platinums on the weekends. If you want a Coke though on like a Saturday she said they will accomodate you (I assume you have to be platinum maybe?). Free internet via WIFI 7 days a week for Platinums.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 7:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by ATHopkins19
SkiAdcock: Concierge closes at noon on Friday and re-opens from 5 - 10pm on Sundays. When closed it is fully closed -- no getting Cokes or snacks. No free breakfast for platinums on the weekends. If you want a Coke though on like a Saturday she said they will accomodate you (I assume you have to be platinum maybe?). Free internet via WIFI 7 days a week for Platinums.
Thanks! I'll update the sticky.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.