Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott-family hotels in Manhattan (NYC) (thru Oct. 2018) [Merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Marriott-family hotels in "xx" means all Marriott brand hotels in that city. It does not mean hotels that are family friendly, although there could be some family friendly ones on the list. But it refers to the various brands. Marriott-family hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc, & trip reports are usually in the property specific threads."

​​​​​​​
Print Wikipost

Marriott-family hotels in Manhattan (NYC) (thru Oct. 2018) [Merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2010, 1:24 pm

Something about this just doesn't quite add up. :/
Old Sep 28, 2010, 1:27 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Please continue to follow this thread in the Marriott Forum.
Thanks...
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Sep 28, 2010, 1:44 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, SWA CP
Was your family allowed in the Concierge Lounge?

Apparently that's been an issue...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...s-work-do.html
Old Sep 28, 2010, 2:55 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by indyscott
Was your family allowed in the Concierge Lounge?

Apparently that's been an issue...
I've been to the Marquis a number of times and even with friends in a 2nd room and every time we've all had access with no issues (and I was the only elite in the bunch). And given that others haven't jumped in saying they had the same issue, I suspect it was a one time issue.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 6:21 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by hhoope01
I've been to the Marquis a number of times and even with friends in a 2nd room and every time we've all had access with no issues (and I was the only elite in the bunch). And given that others haven't jumped in saying they had the same issue, I suspect it was a one time issue.
+1
Old Sep 28, 2010, 7:06 pm

Programs: Chick-Fil-A Red, Wawa, Red Cross blood donor
Originally Posted by nba1017
Something about this just doesn't quite add up. :/
This thread should clear it all up...Best Hotel in NY Times Square! Great experience.
Old Oct 2, 2010, 10:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Any updates on the Ren Times Square? I'm going to be in NYC for one night for the kick-off of StarMegado2. SMD2 has a rate at the Westin TS of $249, but I can get the Ren TS for $227 prepaid & RTS says it's only a 5-minute walk to the Westin.

Just wondered if there were any updates on the property, its CL, upgrade policy for Plats, etc? I'll arrive Sun mid-day & depart Mon aft (hoping to get a late check-out, but worst case out at noon).

Any input appreciated. Cheers.
Old Oct 3, 2010, 8:03 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
Sharon, stayed there about a month ago. Prefer Marquis, but hit a BRG here that lowered the rate by $200 a night, and a lot of FT'ers prefer this hotel, so thought I would give it a try.

It has a boutique feel to it, and is elegantly contemporary in both public areas and in the rooms. I got a nice room on a high floor on the East side of the hotel- but I also did email ahead and say that it was my first stay, am usually at the Marquis, blah blah.

I did not like the CL set-up. What they call the CL lounge is in the lobby - a gated off area. It serves breakfast only. For evening, they give you an appetizer cert for the bar - also in the lobby.

You enter hotel and check in on 1st floor, then take elevator to X floor for bar/restaurant lobby then take a different set of elevators to your room. And people think the Marquis elevator situation is a PITA!!!

Rooms are smaller than the Marquis, but probably comparable to most else in town. Views from the rooms are not North/South on Broadway, but East/West Crosstown. I DID like the view from the restaurant, and the food was good, too. The staff in all departments was excellent, very friendly and helpful.

Certainly not an unpleasant stay or bad hotel - you wouldn't be unhappy here; but I don't know that there is a real upside, either.
Old Oct 3, 2010, 8:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the update! I usually stay at the Marquis, but it's showing pretty pricey & I need to be in TS area due to the Do, so thought if I could get the Ren for reasonable (rolling eyes calling any hotel in Manhattan reasonable) I'd stay at Ren. A bummer re: the lounge in Ren though, as I'd be there on a Sun & depart on a Mon & would be able to utilize it - or would if it was more robust.

Cheers.
Old Oct 6, 2010, 4:55 pm

New York Marriott's - Hip/Cool?

Have a group, mostly from Los Angeles, going to NY in November for a bachelor party. Most are in their 30's, relatively hip (as far as we know), and looking for a decent hotel in a good location. Hopefully it has a gym and a bar. After that I don't really care! F/s Marriott preferred. Recommendations?
Old Oct 6, 2010, 5:34 pm

I personally like the Renaissance in Times Square. The Marquis is impressive to walk into, but a too big to be hip and cool. I have not stayed at Hotel 57, but that might be an option if you don't mind smaller rooms.
Old Oct 6, 2010, 7:39 pm

Gold/Plat value at Marquis?

Considering staying at the Marquis. What value would I get as a gold or plat? What should I expect from the concierge lounge? What about the Ren?
Old Oct 6, 2010, 7:51 pm

A couple more questions....

I have seen other threads indicating the concierege lounge is closed on weekends. Is that true? Common at most Marriotts? Some mentioned getting breakfast coupons. Is that right?

Also, what if I book 6 rooms? Would we get the same upgrade treatment for all? Or just my room?
Old Oct 6, 2010, 8:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, US Air CP, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
My favorites, after many trips to NY: Renaissance Hotel 57 (smallish rooms, cool bar, cool design), and the Residence Inn Times Square. This one is actually a block away from Times Square, right next to a subway stop, has a decent bar, and nice new rooms.
Old Oct 6, 2010, 8:54 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
So I'd recommend one of the two Renaissances. It depends on your feelings on Times Square. If you're a fan, stay at the Renaissance Times Square. Very "hip" hotel, but the rooms are small. They have a bar that probably has the best view of Times Square i've ever seen.

If you find Times Square too chaotic / touristy, then I'd recommend Hotel 57. Very similar property, but in a classier, less touristy area. But also not as "fun" for people who haven't been to NY much.

Also, the Marriott Marquis is pretty cool just because it's freaking huge, has awesome glass elevators, and if you're looking for a good gym, their gym is better than both of the other properties.

I just checked out of the Renaissance Times Square today, and I enjoyed my stay there. The gym there is decent, and by Marriott standards, i'd say it's very above the average. Enjoy your trip!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.