Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott-family hotels in Manhattan (NYC) (thru Oct. 2018) [Merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Marriott-family hotels in "xx" means all Marriott brand hotels in that city. It does not mean hotels that are family friendly, although there could be some family friendly ones on the list. But it refers to the various brands. Marriott-family hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc, & trip reports are usually in the property specific threads."

​​​​​​​
Print Wikipost

Marriott-family hotels in Manhattan (NYC) (thru Oct. 2018) [Merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2001, 3:11 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Sweet Willie:

AMEN</font>

Yes, Amen.
Old Sep 11, 2001, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: La Ministreuse de Surréalisme, CO Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat
As another guest of this Marriott, I can only pray for everyone here. It is truly surreal and stunning.
Old Sep 11, 2001, 8:18 pm

Having been a recent guest at the Marriott WTC, it was sad to hear a media report today that the hotel has sustained so much damage that it will need to be demolished once the search efforts are over.
Old Sep 11, 2001, 9:33 pm

My prayers go out to all...

George
Old Sep 11, 2001, 11:13 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
I too have stayed there many times and I am truly sorry to hear of it's loss - clearly if any of the staff have been lost also it would be tragic. A cowardly attack on people who did nothing against the people who committed the attack.
Old Sep 12, 2001, 4:20 am

My thoughts are with them all from in Asia ...

SimonC
Old Sep 12, 2001, 6:37 am

Isn't the Vista now the Hilton Millenium and not the Marriott WTC?
Old Sep 12, 2001, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
No, the old Vista is the Marriott WTC. I heard on the radio this morning (unconfirmed) that it had collapsed.

Bruce
Old Sep 12, 2001, 3:27 pm
GG

The message on Marriott's website now says that two employees are still missing, but all others are accounted for.

Old Sep 13, 2001, 12:36 pm

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
It is confirmed that this hotel (Marriott WTC) has collapsed, yesterday. Marriott has seemingly removed it and the Financial Center Marriott from their list of hotels in New York (when you do a search from the main page). The regular link to the hotel now displays the 'Marriott assistance' page which tells you who to call for more information.

However, if you do a map search, both are still listed, and this slightly modified link shows the Marriott WTC, including a 360 degree view:

http://www.marriott.com/epp/default....rshaCode=NYCWT

I doubt this will remain for long.

I know personally I've been gathering pictures of the World Trade Center and the area.. so to remember.. so as not to forget..
Old Sep 13, 2001, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sorry to go off topic, but Pitflyer...

www.windowsontheworld.com

A very sad site to visit, especially as it brings back such wonderful memories for me. It's a very strange feeling to look at that web site still sitting there now.

Sorry. I just now noticed that the old site has been removed.

[This message has been edited by PremEx (edited 09-13-2001).]
Old Sep 13, 2001, 5:12 pm

Taken from another FT BB:

NEWS UPDATE - 09/12/01, 2:30 p.m. (EST)
The New York Marriott World Trade Center and the New York Marriott Financial Center hotels were evacuated yesterday in light of the tragic events in New York City.

At this time, we know of only two associates with whom we’ve been unable to make contact. We are working closely with local and national authorities to identify and locate all of the guests and associates who may potentially have been affected by these events.

We are doing everything we can to assist families of guests and associates. We have established a Marriott Assistance Center. The toll-free number is 866-866-9928. This line is for friends and family members concerned about loved ones who may have been affected yesterday.

Guests evacuated from the New York Marriott World Trade Center and New York Marriott Financial Center hotels were offered accommodations at the following Marriott hotels in the area:

-- New York Marriott Marquis
-- New York Marriott East Side
-- Rihga Royal, a JW Marriott Hotel
-- New York Marriott Brooklyn
-- Midtown East Courtyard
-- Times Square South Courtyard
-- Jersey City – Newport Center Courtyard, Jersey City, NJ

In addition, our hotels nationwide are offering whatever help they can in their local areas.

The area surrounding our lower Manhattan hotels is currently inaccessible. Guests who might have left belongings behind can not retrieve them at this time. We will not be able to re-enter this area to retrieve anything until we are allowed to do so by the authorities.

The World Trade Center Marriott suffered irreparable damage, and the Financial Center Marriott sustained significant damage. At this time, we are unable to speculate about the extent or cost of these damages.

The thoughts and prayers of the associates of Marriott International are with the families and loved ones potentially affected by this tragic event.

Old Sep 28, 2001, 7:57 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Accor Diamond, National Emerald Club Exec Elite
They're giving away rooms at this hotel on Priceline during what normally is their highest season. I'm booked for a week in early December for $95/night.
Old Oct 6, 2001, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any news if the recent events have caused a delay in opening?
Old Feb 12, 2002, 9:27 pm
Original Member

NY Financial Center

Has anyone stayed at the re-opened Financial Center property? Is access to it a problem (too many tourists to Ground Zero)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.