Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott-family hotels in Manhattan (NYC) (thru Oct. 2018) [Merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Marriott-family hotels in "xx" means all Marriott brand hotels in that city. It does not mean hotels that are family friendly, although there could be some family friendly ones on the list. But it refers to the various brands. Marriott-family hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc, & trip reports are usually in the property specific threads."

​​​​​​​
Print Wikipost

Marriott-family hotels in Manhattan (NYC) (thru Oct. 2018) [Merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2013, 3:01 pm

So the latest vibe I'm getting is that the Carlton wins as a whole mostly due to location, but looking only at the property the Algonquin comes out aheaD?

Staying 5 days in April.

Anyone been to Marriott at Brooklyn Bridge? I have 2 nights there following the ones at Algonquin.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 9:21 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by SocialAdept
So the latest vibe I'm getting is that the Carlton wins as a whole mostly due to location, but looking only at the property the Algonquin comes out aheaD?

Staying 5 days in April.

Anyone been to Marriott at Brooklyn Bridge? I have 2 nights there following the ones at Algonquin.
I have never stayed at Brooklyn Bridge, but I have stayed at the Marriott East Side, which is a nice hotel. Also, I've stayed at several of the CY in Manhattan, and they are also quite nice, with good locations, if you want to save a few bucks.

Last edited by USirritated; Feb 17, 2013 at 9:23 pm Reason: grammar
Old Feb 18, 2013, 8:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by SocialAdept

Staying 5 days in April.

We had an FTer that stayed at the Brooklyn Bridge recently & did a report. Do a search & see if it comes up. He had good things to say.

The Algonquin location is a good one & yes it has a bit of character, but I'm not a fan. When I stayed there my room was the size of a closet & the bathroom the size of a room safe - ie, both were super tiny.

Cheers.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 11:59 am

Programs: Marriott Gold
Brooklyn Marriott

We stay at this hotel several times a year. Lovely concierge lounge on a high floor with outdoor areas. Great views of the Brooklyn Bridge and beyond. Executive Rooms in the tower are very nice especially the ones with NYC vistas. Nice walks over the Brooklyn Bridge or to Brooklyn Heights Promenade with some casual restaurants along the way for brunch or lunch. Easy access to several subway lines. We used to get weekend breakfast coupons (gold status) but no longer.
However, we also have stayed at The Algonquin and it has much more character and charm.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Has anyone gotten a definitive answer on when the Essex will have a lounge?

Also do they have any standard rooms that sleep 4? I'm only seeing King and Queen rooms on award searches?
Old Feb 18, 2013, 8:08 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
....snip....

Also do they have any standard rooms that sleep 4? I'm only seeing King and Queen rooms on award searches?
Keep in mind that SOME (maybe most) hotels refer to double rooms as queen rooms, while other hotels refer to rooms with one queen bed as queen rooms. When you are unsure, one way to figure it out is to check the guest room sample photos for more information.

See hotel photos:

Guest Room Examples
Double/Double Guest Room (4 of 25)

The spacious double guest rooms at the JW Marriott Essex House feature two full size beds, luxurious amenities, and access to world class shopping and dining just outside your door.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 8:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I see those on paid searches but they don't come up on award searches. I need to call because the double double rooms seem to be the same sq ft as a king room so I don't see why you can't book it.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
I see those on paid searches but they don't come up on award searches. I need to call because the double double rooms seem to be the same sq ft as a king room so I don't see why you can't book it.
Maybe it is just a glitch, or, it could be that those rooms are all spoken for on the dates which you are looking for. Calling will give you more information, which is one of the reasons why I have never made a points rez online, only through the Plat rez line.

Last edited by USirritated; Feb 19, 2013 at 11:16 am Reason: added second sentence.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I called and the agent said that the Essex has a very limited number of double/double bedded rooms. Also she said they have no scheduled opening date for a lounge and there is not one under construction yet.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 4:49 pm

Marriott NYC

Hello All:
New to Marriott Rewards but I have accumlated about 120,000. I'm hoping to take a 2-3 night trip to NYC in March. It would be a family trip with children from the ages of 5-8.

We would like to take them to the Statue of Liberty, Rockafella Center and possibly a theatre show if something can be found suitable for the ages.

Picking a hotel is daunting since I have never been there and really don't know the locations. We would be taking a train in.

Any suggestions.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by mdurette
Any suggestions.
Just one: Do a search.

P.S. It's Rockefeller. Unless you're planning to visit some rappers.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 5:58 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
On the Marriott web site, you will see all available properties in New York City shown on a map. Sounds like you might prefer mid-town locations.
The Marriott Marquis is right at Times Square, near many city attractions, including the theater district. Subway is the most convenient way to get around.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by allset2travel
On the Marriott web site, you will see all available properties in New York City shown on a map. Sounds like you might prefer mid-town locations.
The Marriott Marquis is right at Times Square, near many city attractions, including the theater district. Subway is the most convenient way to get around.
allset - I appreciate it you pointing me in the direction of mid town. Thanks.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 6:44 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by mdurette
Hello All:
New to Marriott Rewards but I have accumlated about 120,000. I'm hoping to take a 2-3 night trip to NYC in March. It would be a family trip with children from the ages of 5-8.

We would like to take them to the Statue of Liberty, Rockafella Center and possibly a theatre show if something can be found suitable for the ages.

Picking a hotel is daunting since I have never been there and really don't know the locations. We would be taking a train in.

Any suggestions.
Some recent info regarding this NYC Residence Inn, which is ideal for families. I imagine 3 nights in NYC is going to take just about everyone of those points... Sorry, can't help more since I've never done NYC Marriott living fairly close by and the choices look overwhelming. But you really can't go wrong with a RI near Times Square for the tourist thing plus the free RI food too.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...-new-york.html
Old Mar 2, 2013, 7:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by joshua362
Some recent info regarding this NYC Residence Inn, which is ideal for families. I imagine 3 nights in NYC is going to take just about everyone of those points... Sorry, can't help more since I've never done NYC Marriott living fairly close by and the choices look overwhelming. But you really can't go wrong with a RI near Times Square for the tourist thing plus the free RI food too.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...-new-york.html
Would agree with Joshua on this one, as it probably fits your parameters best. Also, if FI TS requires more points than you have you can purchase some points for $12.50/1,000. Have a great trip!

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.