Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Regents Park Marriott, UK [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 20, 2017, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Getting to hotel from Swiss Cottage tube stop: When you exit the turnstiles at the Swiss Cottage tube stop, go left to exit 1 (Avenue Road), up the stairs (10 steps) to street level, make a left, walk to the corner/street light, & turn left & you'll see the Marriott in front of you at the next light. It's a 5-minute walk from Swiss Cottage to the entrance of the Marriott.

Property now has M Lounge on ground floor open 24/7. Children under 16 not allowed in lounge per website.

Hors d'oeuvres (1730-1930hrs) and dessert selection (1930-2130hrs) available 7 days a week
Beverages available throughout the day with red & white wine and beer served between 1730-2130hrs
Print Wikipost

Regents Park Marriott, UK [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2017, 8:56 am

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by The smallest state
Avoid the Marriott in Regents Park. No upgrades, lots of construction, disorganization. Lounge is good but is in the lobby so it is easy for people to walk in behind you. One guy was even waiting at the door for someone to let him in.
I think the renovations are over. I just stayed at the hotel and there are NO signs of any construction. Overall, I think it is a nice property in a quiet neighborhood.

Overall Room Information

The rooms are very stylish and both rooms I have stayed in (so far) have had large sitting areas with a couch, lounge chair and another chair along with a "coffee table" which is a higher height and can be used as a work surface. There is no true desk or desk chair in the room. However in both room there are several outlets in multiple locations along with at least 3 locations with 2 USB ports (6 total in the room). 2 sets were on each side of the bed and 1 set with outlet is along another wall with a ledge that you can set down your phone/keys/wallet etc.

Both of my rooms had no true closest but did have a free standing/open wardrobe with small drawers, safe, empty fridge (with a note how to order mini bar items), coffee/tea kettle, iron/ironing board, etc. Additionally there are 3 colorful oversized hooks that can be used to hang jackets and scarves, etc...

Room Type Differences
While at the hotel I stayed in two different rooms. While, I understand that the hotel has a small amount of suites they do appear to take care of Platinum members and upgrade you to their nicest rooms. I don't recall the exact room categories but for the first stay I was "double" upgraded to a room category that had a wrap around balcony (two sliding doors) in a corner. Therefore the room had a ton of natural light. The bathroom was on the smallish size in that it only had a shower/tub combination. On clear days I could see the London Eye in the distance.

The second room, while an upgrade from the standard room was a bit smaller. However, it was still very nice and I wouldn't be upset if given that room again. It too had a sliding door which allows for letting in a lot of natural light and fresh air. The general way this hotel is laid out creates a lot of corner rooms. This is another corner room. Due to the location, the bathroom is actually bigger than the room from my previous stay. It has a shower and a tub. One thing I will note is that at times the shower didn't have hot water.

M Club Notes

I won't give a detailed accounting as a lot of other posts in this thread discuss the lounge. I will also note that the information in OP in this thread seems still be mostly correct and is a good guide as to what to expect.
  • Breakfast starts at 6:30 am. This could be useful because a lot of other hotels in London don't start service until 7
  • Lounge does not have bottled water but does have still and sparkling on tap.
  • The room is open 24 hours so you can always get coffee, soda or water
unclepants and spgflyer like this.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 4:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old May 5, 2018, 6:02 pm

Programs: BA GGL, SQ PPS, HH Diamond, SPG LTP/100, Marriott Platinum, Mucci des Lois Constitutionelles
Angry Awful property

As someone reasonably new to Marriott (I'm an SPG ambassador refugee), I decided to book into this hotel (a one-bedroom suite) earlier this week at the last minute as travel plans changed. I was extremely disappointed. There was zero recognition (despite my SPG Ambassador having contacted the hotel earlier in the day to let them know I was coming - a nice touch from her; a great Ambassador). The door to the living room was open when I arrived and it looked like it hadn't been serviced in a while. The room was dirty (dust on surfaces, cobwebs on walls, patio furniture randomly thrown around the terrace), poorly lit (no lights in the hallway or kitchenette). There was zero service. I rang room service five times to get a cup of tea but no-one bothered answering. I eventually went down to the lounge but of course my key didn't work (despite staying in the top suite of the hotel, which was advertised with lounge access, and being plat (and soon to be ambassador) status. I tailgated a nice lady but there were no tea bags. So I went to reception but the chap was gormless. I asked for the duty manager, who apologised and went off to find me a cup of tea. It eventually arrived in the room 50 minutes later. There was only a hand towel in the bathroom. I had asked for a room with a bath, so was very disappointed when the room turned out only to have an extremely small shower cubicle. The bed was so uncomfortable I couldn't sleep so at about 11pm I left and went elsewhere. I've written to the GM and got a dismissive response from someone in customer services offering me a couple of points "for my inconvenience", which was rather derisory in the circumstances. I made a huge mistake not staying at the excellent Wellesley hotel in Knightsbridge. I won't be making that mistake again. If all Marriotts are like this, and they continue the trend of moving their managers into ex-Starwood hotels, it does not bode well. If it infects St Regis and Luxury Collection, I can see myself transferring a lot of business over to Four Seasons.
Old May 6, 2018, 4:07 am
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Hi, dY’quem

Im not being sarky, but really, really, the Marriott Regents Park is not, and never will be comparable to the Wellesley. Marriott does have the five-star Park Lane property or the JW that *might* reach Wellesley standards, but your review is a great demonstration of the reason Marriott took over Starwood, it was short on top-end properties and the ordinary Marriott hotels are not top end, nor do they pretend to be.

Ive stayed several times at this property and would mark it as thoroughly representative of the Marriott full service brand, and that includes long waits for the phone to be answered and keying mistakes to the Exec lounge! As for tea being delivered to the room, I didn’t know Marriott offered it at all. There’s a kettle in the room for that!
Old May 6, 2018, 7:30 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by d'Yquem
If all Marriotts are like this, and they continue the trend of moving their managers into ex-Starwood hotels, it does not bode well. If it infects St Regis and Luxury Collection, I can see myself transferring a lot of business over to Four Seasons.
I enjoy a good rant-post as much as the next FTer, but if you read through the other hotel threads in this forum you'll see that no, not all Marriotts are like this. You're making an awfully big leap from "I had one bad stay" to "the entire portfolio is terrible." On the SPG side, I've had unsatisfying stays at Sheratons and Ws, but I don't therefore conclude that I should write off all SPG properties.

That said, if you're looking for Four Seasons / StR / LC type stays, with the exception of a handful of Asian properties (yay Osaka Marriott Miyako) you're not going to get them at run of the mill Marriotts, any more than you would at a run of the mill Westin.
lexdevil likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 11:32 am

Programs: Hilton Gold
Regents park hotels

Hi I will be staying at the Marriott regents park for one week, in a deluxe family room. Does this room have a bath tub, robes and slippers? It's a corporate booking so not sure what is included. Also is it possible to do a paid upgrade to an executive room at check in? Any idea how much this may cost. Thank You.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Dax1956
Hi I will be staying at the Marriott regents park for one week, in a deluxe family room. Does this room have a bath tub, robes and slippers? It's a corporate booking so not sure what is included. Also is it possible to do a paid upgrade to an executive room at check in? Any idea how much this may cost. Thank You.
Yes to all the above, except not sure about upgrade to executive room, but I doubt they would say no to your money.
Old Dec 19, 2020, 8:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium (Plat Life), HH G, Amtrak, B6, MR
I'm curious if anyone has any recent updates, as the last post about this property is 16 months ago.

I'm looking at what appears to be a pretty darn good rate for the 1-br suite here. It's described as accommodating 5 people, which is what I need (2 adults and 3 kids). Although I'm struggling trying to figure out how a king, sleeper sofa and single rollaway fit 5 people? The floor plan suggests that this is actually a king-bed room with an attached hospitality suite as the living room. Is that right? The living room appears to have two couches -- are they both sleepers? Is there a second bathroom but only one shower?

Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 1:40 pm

I have booked this hotel for a stay in August. I will be traveling with my spouse and two children (16 and 17). Technically, Platinum members are allowed just one guest in the M Lounge. Is this actually enforced?
Old Feb 23, 2021, 2:03 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by kilarney
I have booked this hotel for a stay in August. I will be traveling with my spouse and two children (16 and 17). Technically, Platinum members are allowed just one guest in the M Lounge. Is this actually enforced?
Depends on hotel policy and staff at the time. When we last stayed a couple of years ago, the hotel made a song and dance about allowing our daughter (who was 3 at the time) come in to the lounge with us on one visit and were perfectly fine the next day. Having two kids and them both being adult(ish) age may give you more of a challenge. Worst case is that they ask you to pay.

However, despite all of the above, even with the roadmap in England to opening lots of stuff up by June, there is no guarantee that the lounge will even be open at the time of your visit, although the chances have now probably increased a bit after the announcement yesterday.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 3:33 pm

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by RAPC
Depends on hotel policy and staff at the time. When we last stayed a couple of years ago, the hotel made a song and dance about allowing our daughter (who was 3 at the time) come in to the lounge with us on one visit and were perfectly fine the next day. Having two kids and them both being adult(ish) age may give you more of a challenge. Worst case is that they ask you to pay.

However, despite all of the above, even with the roadmap in England to opening lots of stuff up by June, there is no guarantee that the lounge will even be open at the time of your visit, although the chances have now probably increased a bit after the announcement yesterday.
Hi my only experience at this hotel would suggest that they sort or enforce rules. They quite often do especially when busy but occasionally do not but dont be surprised if you are suddenly asked to have someone leave,

Was your visit before the new lounge rules came in as I feel it was 18 months since I was there and at that point no children under 16 were allowed in the lounge and certainly a 3 year old would not have been allowed.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 2:40 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by UKTraveller4Fun
Hi my only experience at this hotel would suggest that they sort or enforce rules. They quite often do especially when busy but occasionally do not but dont be surprised if you are suddenly asked to have someone leave,

Was your visit before the new lounge rules came in as I feel it was 18 months since I was there and at that point no children under 16 were allowed in the lounge and certainly a 3 year old would not have been allowed.
They didn't have (or didn't mention) a no children rule in the lounge and I had checked before staying there, exactly for this reason. On the first visit to the lounge it was empty, the second time a bit busier. We tend to pop in and grab a coffee / drink and a snack and our daughter even then was well versed in lounge etiquette. Perhaps if we had been visiting when busier, it may have been more of a problem.

However based on the under 16s part that you recollect, the OP is potentially in a bit more of a bind if the hotels considers them as adults. I do find that properties are keener to restrict numbers for additional adults, especially where capacity is limited.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 7:23 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by RAPC
They didn't have (or didn't mention) a no children rule in the lounge and I had checked before staying there, exactly for this reason. On the first visit to the lounge it was empty, the second time a bit busier. We tend to pop in and grab a coffee / drink and a snack and our daughter even then was well versed in lounge etiquette. Perhaps if we had been visiting when busier, it may have been more of a problem.

However based on the under 16s part that you recollect, the OP is potentially in a bit more of a bind if the hotels considers them as adults. I do find that properties are keener to restrict numbers for additional adults, especially where capacity is limited.
That is a good point in regards counting them as adults. It is a while since I stayed and have to say I didn't return as I just didn't like / enjoy the property, found the attitude of the staff to be wanting in to many regards and the lounge to be pretty poor in regards offerings as well. I am aware the GM has since changed so it could be that things have improved since then, but if I were the OP I would work on the principal of not expecting the children to be allowed access (even though age wise this isn't an issue) and if its important to them to reach out to the hotel ahead of time to ask the question, which to be fair is the polite thing to do. Remember if the hotel is busy and the lounge gets full it impacts all other users as well so the hotel is well within its rights to say no to protect other users experience,
RAPC likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 8:48 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum
edit: wrong thread

Last edited by fedor; Apr 17, 2022 at 3:45 pm
Old Jul 2, 2022, 11:45 pm

Programs: UA Platinum
Any recent data points regarding this hotel? Will be staying there next month.

What type of food is being served in the lounge in evenings? Enough for a meal (a la the lounge at the JW Grosvenor) or just light bites/appetizers?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.