FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Regents Park Marriott, UK [Master Thread]
Old May 6, 2018, 7:30 am
bennos

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by d'Yquem
If all Marriotts are like this, and they continue the trend of moving their managers into ex-Starwood hotels, it does not bode well. If it infects St Regis and Luxury Collection, I can see myself transferring a lot of business over to Four Seasons.
I enjoy a good rant-post as much as the next FTer, but if you read through the other hotel threads in this forum you'll see that no, not all Marriotts are like this. You're making an awfully big leap from "I had one bad stay" to "the entire portfolio is terrible." On the SPG side, I've had unsatisfying stays at Sheratons and Ws, but I don't therefore conclude that I should write off all SPG properties.

That said, if you're looking for Four Seasons / StR / LC type stays, with the exception of a handful of Asian properties (yay Osaka Marriott Miyako) you're not going to get them at run of the mill Marriotts, any more than you would at a run of the mill Westin.