Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in San Jose California

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in San Jose California

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2009, 9:38 am

Programs: UA No staus, HHonors Gold, SPG none, Hyatt-none
I was looking for a master thread for the San Jose Marriott and could not find one, so I'm posting the results of my recent stay there here.

I was there about a week ago for a few days as a gold member. I was given a room on the 21st floor and was not upgraded. The room was very average, nothing special. I like the location of the hotel. It is right in the middle of the downtown area and you can walk to many restaurants and the Technology museum. The light rail is right there too.

The lounge on the top floor has great views. The breakfast was very good (eggs, bacon and continental). They have ice cream, lots of drinks, etc. I asked for a late check-out and received a 3pm check-out with no problems.

Since I was there for a few days, I had asked for a refrigerator and it was there upon arrival, but it was really old and beat up and not plugged in.

Overall, it was an okay visit, nothing special.
Old Apr 29, 2009, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Yes it appears that upgrades don't come often at the SJ Marriott... I've been staying there a lot lately for work trips and only gotten a real room upgrade twice out of 8 stays... one was to a "CL level room" which had improved room amenities and also in range of the free lounge wi-fi, and the other to a larger corner room. The rest were normal rooms on upper floors which were still pretty nice. That was as a gold, now as a plat I will have to see if I have any better luck.
CL breakfast is noramlly nice, and the evening attendant is wonderful... plus the icecream and snacks are great.

I've found that the front desk staff is not very willing to provide room upgrades even when there are plenty available as other people have noted in this thread.
Old Apr 29, 2009, 8:05 pm

Programs: Marriott plat, DL Diamond
Freemont

Stayed at the FS in Freemont several times. Nice rooms, CL, and fitness facilities. The fitness facilities are one of the main features. CL staff is very nice and has free wi-fi. Restaurants not too far, but need to drive.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 7:50 am
DH

Freemont

I spent a night last weekend. I received both breakfast and dinner vouchers in lieu of CL. ^ The dinner voucher is $12 off the bill.

BTW it was on $79/nt Visa GC rate which included $25 Visa GC.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 9:08 am

Programs: UA 1k, US ex-CP, NW silver, Marriott plat, SPG gold, Hertz 5*
I like to stay at the Freemont Marriott. You can usually find really cheap rates and the hotel is nicely refurbished. cheap rate + comfy bed + LCD tv + adapter for my laptop = happy camper.
Old Jun 24, 2010, 6:23 pm

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass American Admirals Club Lifetime,IHG Rewards Spire,HHonors Gold
Downtown Marriott

Since the lounge has an outdoor patio will they allow me a cigarette
outside if I ask nicely?
Old Jun 24, 2010, 10:41 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Originally Posted by sanFF
Since the lounge has an outdoor patio will they allow me a cigarette
outside if I ask nicely?
No, at least I hope not as all U.S. Marriotts are supposed to be smoke-free properties (not just inside).
Old Aug 7, 2010, 6:43 pm

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????
Originally Posted by DH
I spent a night last weekend. I received both breakfast and dinner vouchers in lieu of CL. ^ The dinner voucher is $12 off the bill.

BTW it was on $79/nt Visa GC rate which included $25 Visa GC.
Apparently, Marriott Fremont just decided to stop giving the $12 dinner voucher. Must have happened in the last month, because we got it last time.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 5:09 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Gold
Time to bump the Marriott properties in San Jose

I am looking to fly in at 9:30 on a thursday and then head to Monterey the next day. Wondering if it is worth staying nearby or bolting an hour south to Santa Cruz for the first night of a scenic trip.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 12:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by 3galsontour
I am looking to fly in at 9:30 on a thursday and then head to Monterey the next day. Wondering if it is worth staying nearby or bolting an hour south to Santa Cruz for the first night of a scenic trip.
I'd drive straight to Monterey or Santa Cruz. There's no reason to overnight in San Jose unless you don't like driving at night. The drive to Monterey is easier, as you don't have to deal with Highway 17.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 2:26 pm

So what's the best affordable Marriott (affiliated) around San Jose?
Old Jan 28, 2019, 10:48 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Define "affordable".
Old Jan 29, 2019, 5:04 am

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Silver, Hertz
In my opinion, there are no "affordable" Marriott hotels in the San Jose area. At least, not during the week. I've stayed at the CY, FFI, RI near the airport, and the AC in downtown. I like the AC (New, walking distance to restaurants, etc) but all of these hotels are typically over $300 a night and sometimes closer to $400. And believe me, none of them are worth that price!
Old Jan 29, 2019, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by jtwiz
In my opinion, there are no "affordable" Marriott hotels in the San Jose area. At least, not during the week. I've stayed at the CY, FFI, RI near the airport, and the AC in downtown. I like the AC (New, walking distance to restaurants, etc) but all of these hotels are typically over $300 a night and sometimes closer to $400. And believe me, none of them are worth that price!
That's what I figured. Thank you for the advice.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 9:04 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Have an extra day making our way from Watsonville up to San Francisco in October and we were thinking of spending a day just relaxing at a hotel on the way. Any thoughts on whether the Citrine, Tetra, Sheraton Palo Alto (or other properties) would be good for that purpose? Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.