Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Ritz Carlton Tokyo, Japan [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 23, 2019, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhrubin
Apparent concierge email address:
[email protected]
Print Wikipost

Ritz Carlton Tokyo, Japan [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2018, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by cyb2888
Question about post merger...I know last year the RC Tokyo provided free breakfast even though they weren't required to. Has anyone gone back since the merger and do they still offer it? I have 3 nights for 3 rooms at the end of the year on points (at least the 60k for a $1500 USD per night rate is okay) and I was curious if they have kept this benefit.
I'll be there over new years as well and hoping to know this as well. Will also be at the RC in Kyoto afterwards and wondering how they handle it.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 11:28 pm
Used to be RichardKopf

Programs: SPG LTP/IHG Pl/Hilton D/Shang-Taj D/VA Plat/QFClub/Hertz Pres/Avis Pres
Question about post merger...I know last year the RC Tokyo provided free breakfast even though they weren't required to. Has anyone gone back since the merger and do they still offer it? I have 3 nights for 3 rooms at the end of the year on points (at least the 60k for a $1500 USD per night rate is okay) and I was curious if they have kept this benefit.
I'm staying at RC Kyoto and Tokyo in December. I asked my ambassador to confirm the breakfast benefit.
The responses were:
- Kyoto - breakfast offered to PPE (sorry, I don't know about PE)
- Tokyo - no breakfast benefit. Breakfast is JPY5000pp but if I prebook they'll offer a 25% discount. Due to the hotel's location, so close to so many food options, I'm happy to go downstairs and save a few hundred dollars.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 2:31 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
Originally Posted by kkl
Normally plat doesn't mean much at RC.

Got lucky with the upgrade and free breakfast
i got upgradeded to club floor but how do you get free breakfast did you ask
Old Oct 9, 2018, 3:06 am
kkl

Originally Posted by happyvoid

i got upgradeded to club floor but how do you get free breakfast did you ask
I meant the posted got lucky.

Im a Pp visiting in sakura season will report if any special perks
Old Oct 29, 2018, 9:27 am

Can anyone elaborate on what the breakfast options are in and around the hotel and the cost? I have a stay booked with points in Dec., but with no breakfast perk for PE and no more points upgrade to club level, I'm considering other options now. I'm guessing the buffet breakfast in the Towers restaurant is pretty pricey.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 10:08 am

Programs: Amex MR, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, AS MVP
Originally Posted by onebagtraveller
I think it's around 55,000 JPY additional cash upgrade to a points reservation... This is after August 18.

So sad no more 20k points upgrade.
I ended up emailing the hotel, and indeed they do not offer a points upgrade option, but they did offer to upgrade for 20000 JPY/night. Maybe not strictly speaking worth it, but at least for my dates it was much less than the cash price difference of the club level room. (I took the offer.)
Old Oct 30, 2018, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by windsnob
Can anyone elaborate on what the breakfast options are in and around the hotel and the cost? I have a stay booked with points in Dec., but with no breakfast perk for PE and no more points upgrade to club level, I'm considering other options now. I'm guessing the buffet breakfast in the Towers restaurant is pretty pricey.
Cafes or coffee shops in the Tokyo Midtown complex or a Starbucks Reserve that opens at 7am.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 1:55 am

Originally Posted by Aventine
Cafes or coffee shops in the Tokyo Midtown complex or a Starbucks Reserve that opens at 7am.
FTR Tokyo Midtown is not open in the morning. It opens at 11 AM. I found this odd, but there were a couple of times when we tried to take our usual route to the subway and were tripped up by the fact that we couldn't get into the mall.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 12:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by taliesin
FTR Tokyo Midtown is not open in the morning. It opens at 11 AM. I found this odd, but there were a couple of times when we tried to take our usual route to the subway and were tripped up by the fact that we couldn't get into the mall.
I know that Starbucks opens at 7 because I've had breakfast and coffee there but you have to take the long way around to get there.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 4:09 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Does RC Tokyo have easy access to Metro station ?

Currently still deciding between RC Tokyo or The Prince Gallery Tokyo for stay in January.
Stayed at The Prince Gallery before and really pleased with the stays.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 12:29 am

Originally Posted by kaizen7

Currently still deciding between RC Tokyo or The Prince Gallery Tokyo for stay in January.
It is about a five- or ten-minute walk to the Metro, depending on which line you're taking. As I alluded to above, in the morning it takes slightly longer because you can't walk through the mall to reach the train stations. I felt the access to transit was quite good, but I've never been to the Prince Gallery so I can't give you a comparison.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Easy access during mall hours but more of a walk during the early and late hours. The RC is a little more high end and opulent than the Prince Gallery. Much different location as well.
kaizen7 likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by tush17
I'll be there over new years as well and hoping to know this as well. Will also be at the RC in Kyoto afterwards and wondering how they handle it.
I will be there by Christmas!
Old Nov 7, 2018, 10:28 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
I stayed here in Feb (premerger this yr) and Sept (Post merger this yr) no breakfast in both cases. (Was Plat 75 at both of those stays)
No suite/club room upgrades which is pretty typical in Japan.

Prince gallery seems a bit inconvenient and at the other side. Tokyo Midtown is in a better location. Metro is very easy access with a direct entrance from the mall. It can be a bit confusing at first but after a few runs you'll remember.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 10:18 pm

cool.

Last edited by zack14; Nov 8, 2018 at 12:43 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.