Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Dom, Cologne, Germany [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dom, Cologne, Germany [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2012, 9:56 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
unfortunately I've never been able to find cash+points availability anymore for a number of months now; has been good value in the past. Rates have gone up or better said cheap rates are not frequently available anymore. Usually e.g. HRS offers rates 30 euros cheaper that everything available on starwood websites. By contacting the hotel directly I could get the same rate HRS offered. Later on I found very good rates on the hotel websites describing the room categories, where a link exists to "discovery" rates. The cheapest single room rate here is a prepaid non changeable 120 euro rate. And as this hotel offers platinums the full breakfast as amenity I hope this rate stays as a future option...
Old Nov 3, 2012, 11:35 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by ralfkrippner
unfortunately I've never been able to find cash+points availability anymore for a number of months now; has been good value in the past. Rates have gone up or better said cheap rates are not frequently available anymore. ..
Cannot really agree with the last sentence, actually the Dom is available at lower rates almost all the time, since they added the new part of the building.

BTT @ Euro 110 and Starpicks @ Euro 120 were and are available for most non-fair periods in 2012. ^

The renovation of the rooms in the old building will be finished by late 2013.

The deluxe rooms in the new building are among the best rooms Starwood has to offer in Europe. ^

Full breakfast still available for Platinum card holders as their amenity.

Suite upgrades are still almost impossible to get for Monday-Thursday stays.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 10:08 am

Programs: Aeroplan Elite
Great info on the hotel - thanks. We just booked for the Christmas Markets next year using C & P.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 12:54 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite
Just read the bad news, that the Dom Hotel is leaving SPG by beginning of March 2013

http://www.rundschau-online.de/koeln...,21824386.html

No more SPG hotel in Cologne and Duesseldorf execpt the one at the Duesseldorf airport...
Old Feb 18, 2013, 1:37 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by zemb
Just read the bad news, that the Dom Hotel is leaving SPG by beginning of March 2013

http://www.rundschau-online.de/koeln...,21824386.html

No more SPG hotel in Cologne and Duesseldorf execpt the one at the Duesseldorf airport...
Terrible news! Guess I'm not staying there in the middle of March after all...
Old Feb 18, 2013, 1:43 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite
Already booked a room until end of June - guess I have to switch to the Hilton next door
Old Feb 18, 2013, 2:53 pm

Can anyone translate what they're doing with reservations already made?
Old Feb 18, 2013, 3:14 pm

Programs: SPG LTP
Originally Posted by trackypup
Can anyone translate what they're doing with reservations already made?
Newspaper article doesn't say anything about existing bookings (just a general reference that during re-furbish of old wing, the - fabulous - rooms in new wing will remain open for guests)

... pfew, was bracing for bad news re category increases, but didn't see this one coming, 6-8 stays per year here, since as long as I can remember. Very sad to see this one leave
Old Feb 18, 2013, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by KittyCat
Newspaper article doesn't say anything about existing bookings (just a general reference that during re-furbish of old wing, the - fabulous - rooms in new wing will remain open for guests)

... pfew, was bracing for bad news re category increases, but didn't see this one coming, 6-8 stays per year here, since as long as I can remember. Very sad to see this one leave
Oh you must be disappointed! I'm booked on Cash and Points for December for the Christmas Markets. Think I should start looking for another hotel. Will be interesting how they handle it.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 10:13 am

Programs: Delta Gold, SPG Plat
I had a recent stay at Dom Hotel for 3 nights early february. Amazing breakfast and location, and the new rooms are spacious and quite nice. Sad to see this one go, specially considering that another property in Cologne left SPG not that long ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.