Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FindAWay
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership – including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2012, 10:19 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by Allvest
Accor...the worlds worst managed hotel brand, well not counting red roof inn perhaps.
I was being facetious about it, because it is not like there are a lot of Accor branded hotels around the US. So, hardly a meaningful defection, unless he wants to stay in the FAR OUT New York City suburb of Cardiff (yes, Wales) for your next NYC business trip!
Old Dec 20, 2012, 10:46 pm

Programs: AA LTG, Marriott LTP. 50% Delta LTS, Working on Hyatt LTD
Originally Posted by welookgood.com
You then are the exception with points.

So many people can get the 2 sapphire cards (50k each), the Marriott, Marriott Business, and Ritz card (175k or so) and have close to 300k points.

Over a few years with 20X pts earning at Marriots, Sapphire promotions, etc... 2 million isn't that hard..

How many AA golds were created by Citibank after all.

FYI:
Hyatt only counts spending at Hyatt hotels.
Starwood only counts nights actually stayed
AA only counts miles flown now
Marriott counts anything?
yep. I got 322,500 points from signups in the past 12 months.

yep. I got AA gold lifetime from citibank (and others, I "earned" 1 mil points in 6 months from signups)

not quite. Delta counts CC spending (sort of). UA counts miles flown on their metal only. Hyatt (per recent note from CSR) counts CC spending as base points (not that you'd want to spend $1M on their CC at their 1 point earn rate).

Last edited by 2tall4economy; Dec 20, 2012 at 10:52 pm
Old Dec 20, 2012, 10:51 pm

Originally Posted by fmkgb
LT elite is a reward for loyalty to the Marriott brand. Am I any less loyal to Marriott if I have stayed 780 nights (usually on my own dime) in the last 13 years earning Platinum (mostly) and (sometimes) Gold status every year but I chose to receive miles rather than MR points? I don't think so. I do have and use the Marriott credit card and I do choose the Marriott brand for my stays and that is what loyalty is about.
I never understand this argument (not specific to this poster).

In my mind, this is like saying:

"I've been an Amex member for 75 years and I've spent $50,000 total - that other guy got a Centurion invite and he has only been a customer for 2 years (...with $2M spend)"

or

"I've bought 10 rental properties from you for $50k each over that past ten years - that other guy only bought 2 apartment complexes (for $10M), why are you calling him first with the best foreclosures?"
Old Dec 20, 2012, 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by mooper
That's an extreme case for CC bonuses that most people don't engage in
Agree most people don't. Most FTers do.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 10:56 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by 2tall4economy
yep. I got 322,500 points from signups in the past 12 months.

yep. I got AA gold lifetime from citibank (and others, I "earned" 1 mil points in 6 months from signups)

not quite. Delta counts CC spending (sort of). UA counts miles flown on their metal only. Hyatt (per recent note from CSR) counts CC spending as base points (not that you'd want to spend $1M on their CC at their 1 point earn rate).
Not everyone has credit quite that good nowadays. Most people would get dinged and turned down for a lot if they made that many applications in such a short period of time, even if they have a 780 credit score! If I understand what you are saying correctly, you must have literally DOZENS of VI, MC, AX, and Discover cards!

I never understand this argument (not specific to this poster).

In my mind, this is like saying:

"I've been an Amex member for 75 years and I've spent $50,000 total - that other guy got a Centurion invite and he has only been a customer for 2 years (...with $2M spend)"

or

"I've bought 10 rental properties from you for $50k each over that past ten years - that other guy only bought 2 apartment complexes (for $10M), why are you calling him first with the best foreclosures?"
+1
Great explanation 2tall!
Old Dec 21, 2012, 12:32 am

Originally Posted by USirritated
Not everyone has credit quite that good nowadays. Most people would get dinged and turned down for a lot if they made that many applications in such a short period of time, even if they have a 780 credit score! If I understand what you are saying correctly, you must have literally DOZENS of VI, MC, AX, and Discover cards!
I have a picture (can't upload it here because it's not on the web anywhere) showing the 61 credit cards I signed up for between myself and my wife during that 6 months.

Citi caught on after card #5 and killed all my accounts. Will be a while before I can get back to them, if ever (which would be a shame because I want their AA Exec and Hilton Surpass card).

Since then I've been more gradual, hence only 300k marriott points in 12 months...

Certainly was a ton of honest to goodness fun figuring out how to get all the points before the cutoff. Just wish I would have known about it a year earlier so I'd be LT PLAT vs LT GLD.

Points.com xfers / "Share" points 100.0
Husband - Pers AA Citi Platinum Visa 75k 80.0
Husband - Pers AA Citi Select Amex 75k 80.0
Husband - Pers SPG 30k (+5k referal) 62.5
USO donation 50.0
Wife - Pers SPG 25k 50.0
BIS for Personal (mile multi) 47.2
Komen for the Cure donation 45.0
Husband - Biz SPG 30k 43.1
Wife - Biz SPG 30k 43.1
Buy AA Miles 40.0
BIS for Work (+elite bns+cls bns) 31.8
Wife - Pers Amex Gold PR 75k 31.6
MR points advance 31.3
Husband - Biz Amex Gold 100k 31.3
Buy & Convert Starwood - Husband 25.9
Buy & Convert Starwood - Wife 25.9
Husband - Pers UA+CO OP+Select Visa 50k+50k 25.5
Buy & Convert Priority Club (+Plat status) 23.1
BIS for Personal (+elite bns) 19.6
Buy & Convert IcelandAir 16.6
Husband - Pers HA BofA + BofH 50k 15.0
Aadvantage shopping bonuses 14.0
Husband - Pers Chase Priority Club 50k 12.0
Staying at Starwood Hotels bonus 11.6
Husband - Pers Aeroplan World MC 25k 11.2
Pay Mortgage 10.5
Husband - Pers US World Prem MC 30k 7.8
Husband - Pers AS Visa 40k 7.1
Husband - Pers Amex Plat 100k 7.1
Citi AA Spending 7.0
Wife - Pers CO OnePass 30k 6.6
Buy & Convert Choice Hotels 4.2
Download Insite toolbar 4.2
Husband - Pers HA BofA + BofH 22.05k 3.5
Vinesse sampler pack 3.2
Convert existing CO via points.com 3.0
Old account consolidation 2.8
Insurance quote 0.5
Old Dec 21, 2012, 12:43 am

I have a picture (can't upload it here because it's not on the web anywhere) showing the 61 credit cards I signed up for between myself and my wife during that 6 months.

Citi caught on after card #5 and killed all my accounts. Will be a while before I can get back to them, if ever (which would be a shame because I want their AA Exec and Hilton Surpass card).

Since then I've been more gradual, hence only 300k marriott points in 12 months...

Certainly was a ton of honest to goodness fun figuring out how to get all the points before the cutoff. Just wish I would have known about it a year earlier so I'd be LT PLAT vs LT GLD.
The crazy thing is that the way credit is supposed to work with FICO and other credit scoring, THEORETICALLY, it is not supposed to be possible for one person to apply for and get approved for 61 different credit accounts, or even 31 different credit accounts for husband and 30 different credit accounts for wife in a one year period. Citi caught on, as you said, but it is a minor miracle that other banks did not catch on, or is it? Did you have some trick that made it all work for you?
Old Dec 21, 2012, 1:21 am

The crazy thing is that the way credit is supposed to work with FICO and other credit scoring, THEORETICALLY, it is not supposed to be possible for one person to apply for and get approved for 61 different credit accounts, or even 31 different credit accounts for husband and 30 different credit accounts for wife in a one year period. Citi caught on, as you said, but it is a minor miracle that other banks did not catch on, or is it? Did you have some trick that made it all work for you?
40 were mine, 20 the wife's. She lost appetite for the game after the 5th CSR call or so (dangit).

No real tips; I spread the love to everyone especially the small players (barclays, bofa, etc...) who aren't as hip to the game, I didn't go nuts with Chase (and they saw my direct deposit go through them anyway), and when Amex FR'd me (twice) I didn't complain, i just signed the papers and sent them in.

Also, I have no debt other than mortgages on property which is rented out (a function of being an expat) so that probably helped from a risk perspective.

I'd app every three months or so (I'd lose 50 points apping then gain 40 back before I did it again).
Old Dec 21, 2012, 4:21 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

I am wondering, how difficult is it for a travel company to actually piss you off?

There are a lot of Accor branded (meaning all of their brands) hotels in the US, are there?
Its very easy. They promise you something and when you finally want this benefit they say 'no can't do'.
If they can't then somebody else will be glad to do it.

As for Accor hotels. I use them only in Europe.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 4:38 am

Programs: MR Ag, LH FTL
Originally Posted by bwiadca
I've joined Marriott in 2009 and I don't care about life time status. They pissed me off last year and now I'm giving my business to Hilton and Accor hotels.
That's like saying "I've had enough!" to Singapore Airlines and switching to Spirit.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 4:52 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
IMO, the posters choice of Hilton & Accor props over Marriott would depend on which cities he's staying in as there are certainly better Hilton/Conrads and Sofitel/Pullmans better then some Marriott branded props..............

Quote:
I've joined Marriott in 2009 and I don't care about life time status. They pissed me off last year and now I'm giving my business to Hilton and Accor hotels.

Originally Posted by slowly
That's like saying "I've had enough!" to Singapore Airlines and switching to Spirit.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 5:31 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Really? Marriott is Singapore Airlines in hotel business? Don't be ridiculous.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 5:51 am

Programs: MR Ag, LH FTL
Please differentiate between hotels and loyalty programs.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 6:16 am
Suspended

Programs: CX DM, SQ TPP, QF GO LIFE, OZ*G LIFE, Marriott TIT LIFE, WOH GLOBALIST LIFE, HH DM, BA GO LIFE
Lifetime Status Indicator on Marriott Rewards Online Account View

Is it possible for Marriott Rewards to show an indicator that the member has Lifetime status for either Silver, Gold or Platinum - just like what Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) has done in its account information section?

BTW, I hate the changes that Marriott Rewards is making to its Lifetime qualification criteria.

I am a Lifetime Platinum with Marriott Rewards having earned my way to "The Club" the hard way and now, Marriott has devalued it with its new criteria.

Here's a thought for Marriott Rewards

Marriott should provide a Lifetime Platinum Premier status for those who achieved Lifetime Platinum prior to 01 January 2013.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 7:03 am

It's called an analogy, Singapore Airlines is to Marriott as Spirit Airlines is to Accor Hotels.

Or, if you prefer, Singapore is comparatively equally better to Spirit as Marriott is better than Accor to the same degree. To quantitatively express that comparative difference would be to say if Singapore is a 10 and Spirit is a 2, that would be 5 to 1, which would be like saying Marriott is a 7.5 and Accor is a 1.5, also 5 to 1.

Last edited by USirritated; Dec 21, 2012 at 7:07 am Reason: removed duplicate word

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.