FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)
Old Dec 21, 2012, 12:43 am
USirritated

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by 2tall4economy
I have a picture (can't upload it here because it's not on the web anywhere) showing the 61 credit cards I signed up for between myself and my wife during that 6 months.

Citi caught on after card #5 and killed all my accounts. Will be a while before I can get back to them, if ever (which would be a shame because I want their AA Exec and Hilton Surpass card).

Since then I've been more gradual, hence only 300k marriott points in 12 months...

Certainly was a ton of honest to goodness fun figuring out how to get all the points before the cutoff. Just wish I would have known about it a year earlier so I'd be LT PLAT vs LT GLD.
The crazy thing is that the way credit is supposed to work with FICO and other credit scoring, THEORETICALLY, it is not supposed to be possible for one person to apply for and get approved for 61 different credit accounts, or even 31 different credit accounts for husband and 30 different credit accounts for wife in a one year period. Citi caught on, as you said, but it is a minor miracle that other banks did not catch on, or is it? Did you have some trick that made it all work for you?