Old Nov 26, 2014, 11:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
Print Wikipost

Singapore St Regis [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2018, 3:53 am

Programs: Marriott/SPG Gold, Krisflyer Gold, HHonors Gold
So Kim Jong-un is staying at the StR for his meeting with the Donald in SIN. I have a few questions:

As this is one of his few overseas jaunts, I'm guessing he is a lowly SPG Preferred rather than Lifetime Platinum

Think the hotel will give him complimentary breakfast and will the great one be cheeky enough to ask for a late check-out?

Do you think he is staying in an Executive Deluxe room or the Presidential Suite

And lastly, is this a cash stay or a points redemption?
Old Jun 10, 2018, 4:35 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by robbo135

I'd guess a cash stay, I don't think the sign up bonus for the North Korean SPG Amex is very generous
Old Jun 10, 2018, 6:06 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
I'd guess a cash stay, I don't think the sign up bonus for the North Korean SPG Amex is very generous
It’s a cash stay paid for by the singaporean government...
Old Jun 10, 2018, 6:30 am

Programs: Marriott Plat Amb, oneworld Ruby
Perhaps more importantly, how will the staff react when Chairman Kim is denied a certain privilege and he goes "Do You Know Who I Am?!!!"
Old Jun 10, 2018, 7:20 am
jxd

Originally Posted by robbo135
So Kim Jong-un is staying at the StR for his meeting with the Donald in SIN. I have a few questions:

As this is one of his few overseas jaunts, I'm guessing he is a lowly SPG Preferred rather than Lifetime Platinum

Think the hotel will give him complimentary breakfast and will the great one be cheeky enough to ask for a late check-out?

Do you think he is staying in an Executive Deluxe room or the Presidential Suite

His preferred choice of hotel was the fullerton's presidential suite. So no doubt he'll be in the P.S AT the StR

Also his stay is paid by the government of Singapore so probably no points for him
Old Jun 10, 2018, 9:13 am

Has the hotel closed to other guests and if so that's a lot of people to walk and I guess a big bill for the Government. Mind you if it goes well I suspect great for the economy.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 10:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
If they deny him an upgrade ("I'm sorry sir, but our St. Regis suites are all booked"), will he threaten nuclear annihilation?
Old Jun 10, 2018, 5:00 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Sounds like a pain for other guests:

per the NY Times

“A contingent of reporters spent the steaming hot day staking out the St. Regis Hotel, where Mr. Kim’s motorcade arrived shortly after 3:30 p.m. with North Korean flags flapping on the front hoods of Mercedes-Benz stretch cars. Traffic was snarled along roads leading to and from the hotel.”
Old Jun 10, 2018, 6:42 pm

I would hate to be a guest at St Regis this week. I see they're still selling rooms albeit a rack rate.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 9:15 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by broadwayboy
I would hate to be a guest at St Regis this week. I see they're still selling rooms albeit a rack rate.
I would avoid Singapore in general this week if at all possible.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 9:46 pm

Programs: SPG Plat
Have a stay here booked this week... not sure if I want to go ahead with it.. hmmmm
Old Jun 10, 2018, 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by rooivalk
Have a stay here booked this week... not sure if I want to go ahead with it.. hmmmm
You don't want to stay anywhere near where either of them is staying.

I was in LA in March when Trump was staying at the IC downtown and they had about at least 4 square blocks of downtown completely blocked off. Total cluster.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 11:23 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
You also don't want to be anywhere Sentosa. There aren't many access routes on/off the island anyway and it could be a mess, even assuming that Trump and Kim come and go by helicopter. AFAIK there's been no announcement that Sentosa is going to be closed.

BTW, one of the network news shows in the USA briefly had a shot of the pool st the StR can claimed that this was the hotel where Trump is staying. [I started to say "Trump's hotel" but was afraid that someone would think this means that Trump owns the place.]
Old Jun 10, 2018, 11:58 pm
jxd

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
You also don't want to be anywhere Sentosa. There aren't many access routes on/off the island anyway and it could be a mess, even assuming that Trump and Kim come and go by helicopter. AFAIK there's been no announcement that Sentosa is going to be closed.

BTW, one of the network news shows in the USA briefly had a shot of the pool st the StR can claimed that this was the hotel where Trump is staying. [I started to say "Trump's hotel" but was afraid that someone would think this means that Trump owns the place.]
Kim is in the StR, trump is in the SL.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 12:17 am

Originally Posted by jxd
Kim is in the StR, trump is in the SL.
So a good time to check out the Westin.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.