Last edit by: lcpteck
Print Wikipost

Singapore St Regis [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2017, 10:16 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat. WOH Glob. SQ Gold
Originally Posted by elleana
Hello folks - thinking of doing a staycation here next month. Our 'regular' staycation spot is at the W Sentosa Cove but for some bizarre reason they are absolutely full on the day we are looking at, so considering other options (I do realize choosing another date works as well but might as well see what else is out there).

Couple of questions:
- Is there complimentary parking for hotel guests?
- Is 4pm late checkout given as a matter of course for Platinums or do you have to jump through hoops etc. I've never gotten it at the W but then of course they consider themselves a resort property..
- Are any of the hotel's restaurants worth eating at?
Yes self parking is free. Valet charged.
4 pm late check out is a non issue, offered automatically during check in.
Restaurants are good - haven't tried the sushi restaurant mentioned above but Yang Tang can be quite good and the Italian restaurant is ok.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 12:19 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I was offered late check out without any issue (on 3 rooms) and also early checkin (7am) for the 2 rooms that I requested it for.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 8:17 pm

Programs: SQ KF Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat
Thanks all for the datapoints - very helpful.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 3:35 pm

Just completed my stay

I stayed here for 3 nights a couple weeks back. I'm glad y'all set my expectations about the platinum drink; it's definitely a weak offering.

Rest of the stay was pretty decent. I'm a 100+ night Plat, and they claimed they didn't have a standard suite upgrade available and offered me a corner suite for 200 SGD more per night. I wasn't opposed to that, so went for it.

Staff was pretty solid about gluten-free support once I brought it up. As soon as they saw me on subsequent days, they'd just fire up gluten free pancakes and bring them over.

Butler service was quite strong. I didn't try the WhatsApp thing (and don't remember if they even do it, but it's probably my favorite StR feature now.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 6:14 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
What is the StR whatsapp thing?
Old Nov 20, 2017, 8:01 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by estnet
What is the StR whatsapp thing?
Butler service via WhatsApp. Makes things much easier than having to reach people from the hotel phone, etc. Possibly available for people without Butlers as well - not sure. I really like it too.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 2:05 am
Suspended

Programs: Travel Agent (Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, Peninsula, Ritz, etc.)
So...first trip to Singapore. Have a tentative points booking at the Conrad (looks bleh at best, but they are almost complete with the refurb, and the location looks impeccable).

Otherwise, seriously consdering either the St. Regis, Warehouse (Design), or Mandarin Oriental.

How does this St. Regis:

1. Compare to the rest of Singapore´s lux hotel offerings?
2. Compare to the Westin (which seems to be considered ´one of the better Westins´ worldwise?
3. Compare to the ´better´ St. Regis hotels worldwise (St. Regis NYC and Mexico City being two of my favorites). Never stayed at an Asian St. Regis so would love to try (overall, STR is one of my favorite lux hotel chains, ever).

Any advice would be much appreciated (ie, hows the location? Doesn´t look as ideal as, say, the Mandarin or the Conrad, but it is my first trip to SIN so I´m not too sure on this one)

Gracias amigos
Old Nov 21, 2017, 6:47 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott - Platinum/LTG | KF *G QPPS (working on TPPS) | OZ - Diamond Plus
Originally Posted by Rossello321
So...first trip to Singapore. Have a tentative points booking at the Conrad (looks bleh at best, but they are almost complete with the refurb, and the location looks impeccable).

Otherwise, seriously consdering either the St. Regis, Warehouse (Design), or Mandarin Oriental.

How does this St. Regis:

2. Compare to the Westin (which seems to be considered ´one of the better Westins´ worldwise?
3. Compare to the ´better´ St. Regis hotels worldwise (St. Regis NYC and Mexico City being two of my favorites). Never stayed at an Asian St. Regis so would love to try (overall, STR is one of my favorite lux hotel chains, ever).

Any advice would be much appreciated (ie, hows the location? Doesn´t look as ideal as, say, the Mandarin or the Conrad, but it is my first trip to SIN so I´m not too sure on this one)

Gracias amigos
1. Hard product is comparable if not better, but service... could be better. Don't expect great platinum recognition or service recovery. Maybe if you advised on what you consider important in a lux hotel?
There's no lounge, but it's IMO kept up better than the Mandarin and has better dining options.

2. If cost is similar (or a non-issue), I'd say the StR is a good choice. Hard product is superior to the Westin (though the Westin is indeed a very good Westin), and service is about the same. Westin is a bit more out of the way though platinum recognition is much better - though I suppose it depends on what you're interested in. It is nearer to the Marina Bay area, which has a few great attractions (Gardens by the Bay/Marina Bay Sands).

3. Haven't stayed in StR NY or Mexico City, but I enjoyed the StR BKK more than this one. Based on FT reviews, Southeast Asian StRs are a bit mixed quality-wise though...
Old Nov 21, 2017, 8:16 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by Rossello321

How does this St. Regis:

Gracias amigos
Cannot answer that much from youyr question but I was at the MO earliert this year and if you are booking a room there with lounge access I would go for it hands down. If you have access to the Amex FHR scheme you geta nice bonus or two as well. The service was perfect and the lounge was very peaceful and relaxing place to be with decent drinks offering (including champagne for breakfast). I got upgraded to a suite also which was a nice touch! The St RegisI tend to find is an ok hotel but compared to other St. Regis around and service very hit and miss, equally the location of the two hotels is totally different so if you need to be in a certain area this could very much dictate the better option for you!
bhrubin likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 3:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by nauce
I stayed here for 3 nights a couple weeks back. I'm glad y'all set my expectations about the platinum drink; it's definitely a weak offering.

Rest of the stay was pretty decent. I'm a 100+ night Plat, and they claimed they didn't have a standard suite upgrade available and offered me a corner suite for 200 SGD more per night. I wasn't opposed to that, so went for it.

Staff was pretty solid about gluten-free support once I brought it up. As soon as they saw me on subsequent days, they'd just fire up gluten free pancakes and bring them over.

Butler service was quite strong. I didn't try the WhatsApp thing (and don't remember if they even do it, but it's probably my favorite StR feature now.
AFAIK all of the suites are corners. Standard suites aren't much different from the next category up, but the standard suites (Plat upgrade) are on lower floors.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 10:47 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I've got an excellent rate here on a St. Regis Suite next month ($631 SGD + 3000 SPG + $100 SGD F&B) . . . thinking this is my best option, despite the recurring service failures described in this thread. W is over $400 SGD for a base room, JW I didn't like, Conrad is under renovation, Andaz is maybe the next best option at $360 SGD + hope for Globalist upgrade. Am I missing any better options?
Old Dec 20, 2017, 11:31 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Kacee
I've got an excellent rate here on a St. Regis Suite next month ($631 SGD + 3000 SPG + $100 SGD F&B) . . . thinking this is my best option, despite the recurring service failures described in this thread. W is over $400 SGD for a base room, JW I didn't like, Conrad is under renovation, Andaz is maybe the next best option at $360 SGD + hope for Globalist upgrade. Am I missing any better options?
What location do you want?

The StR is a good rate for a suite (and as a Plat, you might get upgraded to a higher suite category, although basically all of the standard suites here differ only by floor and individual decor), but can you guarantee a TSU at the Andaz as a Glob?
bhrubin likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 1:35 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
What location do you want?

The StR is a good rate for a suite (and as a Plat, you might get upgraded to a higher suite category, although basically all of the standard suites here differ only by floor and individual decor), but can you guarantee a TSU at the Andaz as a Glob?
I'm ambivalent on location. I like that Orchard Road area is semi-walkable, but Marina Bay side is easier to/from the airport.

Yes, I could confirm a TSU at Andaz, but am trying to burn not earn with Hyatt, and the points redemptions are poor values.

This is my dilemma . . . #1stworldproblems
bhrubin likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 8:30 pm

Programs: KF Gold | IHG Amb | SPG LTG | HH Gold
I would take the StR suite if I were you - it is a very good rate.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 7:08 pm

Programs: points traveller
any further comparisons between here and the MO? both are currently offering 4th night free through various channels and struggling to make a decision

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.