Old Nov 26, 2014, 11:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
Print Wikipost

Singapore St Regis [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2013, 1:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
When I stayed here, some of the nice things were the evening wine tasting (with cheese) and the platinum snack and drink in either the downstairs bar or the Italian bistro by the pool. Breakfast was fine but I never used the egg station. I thought the regular rooms were very well done with great bathrooms but the suites weren't as impressive. Service was spotty with two spectacular failures.
Old Aug 16, 2013, 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
When I stayed here, some of the nice things were the evening wine tasting (with cheese) and the platinum snack and drink in either the downstairs bar or the Italian bistro by the pool. Breakfast was fine but I never used the egg station. I thought the regular rooms were very well done with great bathrooms but the suites weren't as impressive. Service was spotty with two spectacular failures.
I've booked a car service through the SR, to meet us upon our airport arrival. Does the SR still partner with JetQuay? In other words, will we be met airside or do we have to shuffle through immigration with everybody else?
Old Aug 16, 2013, 9:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Plat - Ambassador Managed, VS Gold, Krisflyer Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by jamienbaker
I've booked a car service through the SR, to meet us upon our airport arrival. Does the SR still partner with JetQuay? In other words, will we be met airside or do we have to shuffle through immigration with everybody else?
You have to ask for the Jet Quay option from SR concierge for an additional cost of $75-100 spd
Old Aug 17, 2013, 4:00 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
IMO this is unnecessary. SIN is a very pleasant and efficient airport. You can opt for the large taxi after baggage claim but ordinary taxis are fine in Singapore. Spend the money on food and wine instead.
Old Aug 17, 2013, 4:23 am

Programs: Qatar Platinum, Etihad Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
I have a good history with the Singapore SR and all what I can concluded is that it is the hotel management to be blamed. The previous manager (Spanish) was ensuring the quality of SR brand in every aspect and he managed to have a successful launch of the hotel.

New manager seems to have less experience in running the show or got tied with limited budget.

The Singapore SR doesn't have the right and qualified staff, in my opinion, to deliver a SR quality I witnessed elsewhere.

I felt deterioration in service over the past four years and have been providing feedback to hotel management but didn't see any difference. Housekeeping standard dramatically dropped. Quality of concierge service dropped by a mile. Even restaurant manager doesn't appear to have a good grasp of what is the standard to follow. Staff seems to lack sufficient experience and training and often act disoriented and disconnected from the SR brand.

It's a shame to see the Singapore SR falling behind after it stayed at the top for several years.
Old Aug 17, 2013, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by InvestorTiger
Umm....... There is a Lady Astor Room and a Caroline Astor Suite which is a significant difference.. I think the SPG Plats are normally upgraded to the Lady Astor room and not the Caroline Astor Suite
Anyone know if the C.A. Suite connects to other rooms? I have a Grand Deluxe and the C.A. Suite booked, I'm wondering if I should downgrade to the St Regis Suite since I know they do adjoin Grand Deluxes.
Old Aug 17, 2013, 7:45 pm

Both types of suite adjoin grand deluxes, but do not have a connecting door. Instead they have a shared foyer and main door.
Old Aug 17, 2013, 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by travelswithmyself
Both types of suite adjoin grand deluxes, but do not have a connecting door. Instead they have a shared foyer and main door.
Does that imply keys are needed to move back and forth between them?
Old Aug 17, 2013, 7:57 pm

If you leave the main (corridor) door closed, then you can have the suite door and the standard room door open.
Old Aug 17, 2013, 8:01 pm

Does that imply keys are needed to move back and forth between them?
No, imagine coming down the passageway. You reach a door - which you need a key, like any other hotel. You then enter a small foyer and there are two doors, one leading to the suite and one to the deluxe room. Both of these can be locked in the usual way, or can be left open. The way the rooms "connect" is by way of this foyer.

Presumably you would have to ask the FD to activate the keys and link them to the main door.
Old Aug 18, 2013, 12:35 am

Originally Posted by travelswithmyself
No, imagine coming down the passageway. You reach a door - which you need a key, like any other hotel. You then enter a small foyer and there are two doors, one leading to the suite and one to the deluxe room. Both of these can be locked in the usual way, or can be left open. The way the rooms "connect" is by way of this foyer.

Presumably you would have to ask the FD to activate the keys and link them to the main door.
Perfect plan, I'll report back after arriving later this week. Obviously have mixed emotions given recent posts re staff and breakfast issues. But good water pressure will be a treat after my time in Bali.
Old Aug 18, 2013, 8:12 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
IMO this is unnecessary. SIN is a very pleasant and efficient airport. You can opt for the large taxi after baggage claim but ordinary taxis are fine in Singapore. Spend the money on food and wine instead.
Most of the time I would agree with you, but I have on occasion arrived in SIN ( this generally happens on very late arrivals - around midnight, if I recall correctly) and faced a taxi queue of 45 minutes or more. At times like that I would have preferred a car waiting for me.
Old Aug 18, 2013, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by IluvSQ
Most of the time I would agree with you, but I have on occasion arrived in SIN ( this generally happens on very late arrivals - around midnight, if I recall correctly) and faced a taxi queue of 45 minutes or more. At times like that I would have preferred a car waiting for me.
I've seen this but AFAIK if you go for the large taxi, with surcharges, you avoid the line. The total cost should be MUCH less that arranging special handling or a limo transfer through your hotel.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 10:48 am

Programs: SPG Plat, HH Gold
Blog review

First attempt at writing a review.

Appreciate any comments please!

Thank you in advance!!

http://goodhotelreview.blogspot.sg/2...gust-2013.html
Old Aug 27, 2013, 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by SgFred
First attempt at writing a review.

Appreciate any comments please!

Thank you in advance!!

http://goodhotelreview.blogspot.sg/2...gust-2013.html

Thank you! A bit disappointed - the Caroline Astor suite doesn't look much different from the normal St Regis suite.

Having a staycation eh?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.