Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Roll Call: Report your Residence Inn 'social hour' offerings

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Roll Call: Report your Residence Inn 'social hour' offerings

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2008, 9:35 pm

Programs: delta DM/MM, marriott LifetimeP, united P, Intercontinental P
Originally Posted by hhoope01
The January listing (the agent said he couldn't show me February's) has the following offerings:

1: Pretzels, salami and fresh green salad
2: Grilled hotdogs
3: Cold pasta salad and fresh seasonal fruits
7: Assorted cheese with crackers
8: Baked potatoes and side condiments
9: BBQ burgers
10: Make your own Taco
14: Hot Meatballs in ???? (the rest didn't print out.)
15: Chilli cheese hotdogs
16: Hot plate of nachos and ???? (the rest didn't print out.)
17: Snacks with Kathy and salami to top it off.
21: Chicken fajitas
22: Italian pasta salads
23: Hot grilled burgers
24: Vegetable sticks, cheese and crackers
28: Cold Deli
29: Bacon burgers
30: Variety of cheese and snacks and salad
31: Variety of fresh fruits with salad and snacks
this sound completly UN appetizing to me!
and comes across as cheesy

I stayed 95 nights in 2007, and LIKE the MARRIOT chains -- in general tried to stay at RI whenever there was one nearby. Reason: breakfasts & dinner were tasty and easy - especiialy when had work to do; and a refrigerator and MW. Lately I can get fridge and MW in many other hotels - so now that Breakfast & dinner has been downgraded -- I will be moving away from RI.

so to marriot lurkers {and officials who claim "to represent themselves", (but they claim to have top secret Marrriot info)}: listen up -- I will speak with my wallet immedaitely.

I look forward to hearing here when you switch back ( based experience - it normally takes you 12+ month to recognize the error)
Old Jan 24, 2008, 9:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Back on topic to the social hour offerings

Today's Thursday. If anyone's staying at RIs, please report your experiences. Still seems to be some inconsistency.

Cheers.
Old Jan 25, 2008, 8:55 pm

Programs: United 1K MM - 1.7M actually, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hertz Gold
hehe

Do I count 3 thumbs down on the pulled pork?

It's Friday night, California time...where are the Thursday reports?

Sharon - maybe Socrates is right and there are no business travelers on Thursday
Old Jan 26, 2008, 1:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by DADISGARYK
Sharon - maybe Socrates is right and there are no business travelers on Thursday
I didn't say none....I said it was a cross over day between business travel and leisure travel I've switched where I'm staying next week to check it out first hand...I'll let you folks know what I experience
Old Jan 26, 2008, 10:49 pm

Programs: United 1K MM - 1.7M actually, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hertz Gold
still no replies...

Here it is Saturday and there are no further replies...

Maybe the pork killed everyone off
Old Jan 27, 2008, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

Maybe everyone who would stay at an RI on a Thurs decided to decamp to the competitors who still offer food/drink on a Thurs

Cheers.
Old Jan 27, 2008, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ok here's the menu for January for the RI I just checked into, they do cover the 3 required nights in the format required (Turned In, The Manager's Toast, The BBQ) but they have a 4th night "local event"

Turned in is Chicken Wings every week 5:30-7:30
The Manager's Toast is Meatballs 5:30-7:30
BBQ is Hamburgers & Hot Dogs every week 5:30-7:30
Local Event varies each week hours not stated
Old Jan 28, 2008, 9:25 am
Original Poster

Just curious - is 5:30-7:30 the new extended time? What were the times previously?

Cheers.
Old Jan 28, 2008, 10:56 am

Sorry, got wrapped up in other things. The Naples, FL RI had no social hour on Thursday.

Now I have to recover over at the Ocean Pointe resort. Only social hour over here is a wine and cheese get together for the owners tonight.

Art
Old Jan 28, 2008, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ArtM
Sorry, got wrapped up in other things. The Naples, FL RI had no social hour on Thursday.

Now I have to recover over at the Ocean Pointe resort. Only social hour over here is a wine and cheese get together for the owners tonight.

Art
Yeah but the wine served isn't bad (isn't terrific but is decent)
Old Jan 28, 2008, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Just curious - is 5:30-7:30 the new extended time? What were the times previously?

Cheers.
Was only an hour - btw to follow up on the social this evening - I went down at 7:10pm

Salad bowls were full (green and potato)
wings were pentiful
cookies were a little sparse

but I purposely stayed for 30 mins - they were still putting food out at 7:15pm

The presentation that I observed was much better than in the past
Old Feb 6, 2008, 5:36 pm

Programs: United 1K, MR Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by socrates
Ok here's the menu for January for the RI I just checked into, they do cover the 3 required nights in the format required (Turned In, The Manager's Toast, The BBQ) but they have a 4th night "local event"

Turned in is Chicken Wings every week 5:30-7:30
The Manager's Toast is Meatballs 5:30-7:30
BBQ is Hamburgers & Hot Dogs every week 5:30-7:30
Local Event varies each week hours not stated
At least they are offering real food for each of those nights. At the RI Baton Rouge at Cedar Lodge the offerings were as follows last week:

Turned in: 6:00 - 8:00 Chips, salsa, popcorn, soft pretzels, beer, wine and soft drinks, cookies for desert
BBQ: 6:00 - 7:30 - Hot Dogs, Potato Chips, Salad w/ dressing, beer, wine, iced tea, lemonade, soft drinks, cookies for deserrt
Manager's Toast: 6:00 - 7:30 - Gouda Cheese, Brie, Crackers, popcorn, beer, wine, soft drinks

This has been pretty standard each week. Swap the Pork BBQ with the Hot Dogs and that is about the only difference I have noticed the last couple weeks. Nothing that really stops you for going out to find something to eat.

I will say the breakfast offerings are much better with eggs, bacon or sausage, french toast or pancakes, make your own belgin waffles, oatmeal, and a variety of pastries,muffins and bagels in the mornings.

Counting the weeks until I am back in a city with a decent FS Marriott or Renaissance.

RIP...
Old Feb 6, 2008, 10:22 pm
Original Poster

Ok, a month in & it sounds like the new 'enhanced' changes are not wonderful enhanced changes at all. Certainly enough mixed results in terms of timing (hours), dates (varies) & food (varies) that the new policy is eh - no big deal, no matter how much socrates wants to spin it.

So to me it's still thumbs down & NOT an enhancement by Marriott. Sounds like UA - take something away & say it's great. As though people are stoo-pid.

OVMV. Cheers.
Old May 1, 2008, 7:50 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
My first RI stay since the "change".

Dothan, AL, a new RI stayed 4/28-5/1.

6 hour drive to there Monday afternoon, raced the last few hours to get there somewhat "on time" to see the new spread. NO FOOD at all.

Was told that they rotate 2x/week then 3x/week but it was now "catered". Come back tomorrow evening.

Tuesday, left work "early" to arrive by 6:30pm. Had to wait until 7pm. The now obligatory tray of pulled pork plus coleslaw and chips delivered by a steakhouse chain (Logan's) across the street. No beer, wine, buns. Gone very quickly as limited quantities were available to the now gathered crowd.

Stayed away from it but did visit the chain later on, it was pretty bad, managed to mess up Shrimp and salad.

Wednesday, again got there 6:45pm. Was told it would be out at 7pm. Bagel bites and doughy "pinwheels" - out of the box Costco/Sam's Club bulk food I buy for my kids parties. Did not enjoy being health conscious. No beer/wine.

Did not stick around Thursday but suspect it was an off night.

Pathetic, IMO. Better off the old way. I could usually count on a salad. What an absoulte scam if this is a chain wide "improvement".
Old May 2, 2008, 8:57 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Tysons Corner, Thurs. 05/01

I stayed here last night (Thursday), and they offered chili (out of a can), cornbread, and shredded cheddar cheese. I think that they had little single servings of sour cream, too. All in all, pretty good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.