Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Roll Call: Report your Residence Inn 'social hour' offerings

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2008, 11:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Since Marriott decided to standardize the offerings & cut one day of offering a social hour, thought it would be good to get a roll call to see how it's working out.

So - if you're staying at a RI now or during the next few months, report your experiences during or after your stay.

* Property, date, hours, offerings, misc comments

Cheers.
Old Jan 15, 2008, 11:19 am

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
good idea. I am thinking about staying at the Residence Inn near Disneyland soon, so I will be interested to see this.

99% of the time I am at a full-service property, yet this should be interesting to read.
Old Jan 15, 2008, 1:01 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
I will be at the Arlington, TX RI this weekend with about 85 teens. I'll ask them while I'm there what changes they plan on making.
Old Jan 15, 2008, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hhoope01
I will be at the Arlington, TX RI this weekend with about 85 teens. I'll ask them while I'm there what changes they plan on making.
If you're there w/ 85 teens , ask them if they can just put the booze directly into your veins rather than go back to the wine & beer table

Cheers.
Old Jan 15, 2008, 3:35 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
I will only be bringing 85 teens. We are driving down there for a big area wide teen event called Winterfest. I do believe there will be a few thousand screaming teens at this event.

BTW, the RI was exceptionally easy to work with on rooms. They pretty much gave me every one of their 2 bedroom suites. ^
Old Jan 15, 2008, 8:48 pm

Programs: Lifetime Plat Marriott
RI @ Corona, CA

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Since Marriott decided to standardize the offerings & cut one day of offering a social hour, thought it would be good to get a roll call to see how it's working out.

So - if you're staying at a RI now or during the next few months, report your experiences during or after your stay.

* Property, date, hours, offerings, misc comments

Cheers.
I'm currently at the RI in Corona for business. This is the first Marriott property I have stayed at since around 2000. I am and have been a frequent guest at Hilton so this is new to me. I'm in the process of trying to determine whether I can maintain my Diamond and get a status with Marriott, but back to the OP.

IMHO, the RI looks exactly like the Homewood Suites. Makes me wonder, which came first? Anyway, I'm not sure what "standardizing the offerings & cut off one day of offering a social hour" means....did they use to offer a social hour M-F?

Anyway, menu is on refrigerator for the month, just like Homewood. The social hour tonight consisted of tacos with the refried beans, ground meat, chopped up lettuce/tomatoes, sour cream, cheese and salsa. Also, a separate bowl with lettuce w/tomatoes and italian dressing. I think there was ice tea or lemonade. Yesterday was chicken with some sort of tomato sauce and cheese on top with spanish rice. Lettuce w/tomatoes and croutons for the salad. Tomorrow is supposed to be a barbeque.

No beer or liquor...but not sure whether that is typical or not.

Not at all impressed with breakfast. One of the few times I didn't grab anything....I don't eat a large breakfast so they really didn't have anything that caught my eye. They had a large vat of oatmeal, a waffle maker, I think eggs, maybe sausage. The things I like are fresh fruit, yogurt, egg whites (hard boiled eggs), granola bars...and none of them were available. Oh yah, they had those large vats of cereal. They had apples/oranges that I could have taken, but no bananas. But I have plenty of breakfast items so I don't need to go down there anyway. I really, really miss the beautiful fresh fruit last week at a Hilton...and they had the yogurt I liked too (Dannon Light & Fit). Not too often do I find hard boiled eggs....but those are already great too.

That's about it....hope I appropriate addressed the OPs info request.

Dawn

P.S. Hi Skiadcock!!!!!!
Old Jan 16, 2008, 9:11 am

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
I'm at the RI Cincinnati Blue Ash right now.

Monday: chips
Tuesday: Meatball "subs": meatballs, marinara sauce, hot dog buns! (hence the quotes) and grated cheese. Not bad though.
Wednesday : BBQ pulled pork sandwiches. It smelled so foul that I couldn't even be there for a glass of wine.
Thursday: Clam chowder

I should note that the menu on the fridge is very vague. E.g. For all Wednesdays it says "BBQ", for Tuesdays it's "Chef's choice" - could they bit a bit more evasive?!

The staff is EXCELLENT! Very firendly and welcoming. The "food" sucks.

Last edited by florin; Jan 18, 2008 at 12:48 pm Reason: added Thursday
Old Jan 16, 2008, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

If anyone stays on a Thurs, please post if a social hour is offered. Also, keep posting re: where, day/date, what's offered.

Cheers.
Old Jan 16, 2008, 5:53 pm

Programs: US CP, MR Plat
Staying this week at RI Mishawaka, IN. Brand new property and the menu on the fridge indicates food is served 4 nights a week this month. I arrived too late Monday evening to see what they were offering.

Tue: BBQ pork and beef with hamburger buns. Chips, pretzels, potato salad, macaroni salad, lettuce salad, nuts, and chocolate chip cookies. To drink they had beer, wine, iced tea and lemonade.

Wed: Broccoli Cheese soup, pretzels, chips/salsa/guacamole/cheese sauce, left over BBQ from last night, cheese, sausage and crackers (one of the cheeses was Brie). Veggie Tray with dip and a spinach artichoke dip. The ice tub was stocked with Pepsi products. Beer and wine as well. I can’t say I’ve ever seen a better spread at any RI ever.
Old Jan 17, 2008, 10:34 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the update. Let's keep this thread going so we can all see what's happening. Cheers.
Old Jan 18, 2008, 10:29 am

Programs: United 1K, MR Plat, SPG Plat
I am staying at the Baton Rouge Residence Inn at Cedar Lodge.

Food is offered Monday - Wednesday nights. They say from 5:30 - 7:30pm except on what they call the "Watch It with Us" nights which runs from 6:00pm - 8:00pm. However there usually is nothing left of the main food and salad items and the staff are cleaning up when we return from the office between 6:45 - 7:00pm

Monday - Local Louisiana, salad, beer, wine, iced tea, lemonade and sodas, small cookies or brownies for desert
Tuesday - Watch the new American Idol with us - Hot Pretezels, Nachos, various candies (tootsie rools midgees, laffy taffy, etc.) beer, wine, iced tea, lemonade and sodas, small cookies or brownies for desert
Wednesday - BBQ (from the grill, not!) Pulled pork this past Tuesday terrible, I would not feed it to my dog. Hamburgers and hotdogs last week with chips, salad, iced tea lemonade and sodas.

Overall, I am not impressed with the food offerings, the only good thing is the draft beer, which is a local micro brew.

RIP...
Old Jan 18, 2008, 12:52 pm

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by OU812
Pulled pork this past Tuesday terrible, I would not feed it to my dog.
Sounds like that nasty, dreadful pulled pork is standard. Wow... that's just FOUL!

Maybe if several of us tell Marriott about it they will eventually remove it from the 'menu'.
Old Jan 18, 2008, 1:32 pm
Original Poster

I am staying at the Baton Rouge Residence Inn at Cedar Lodge.

Food is offered Monday - Wednesday nights. They say from 5:30 - 7:30pm except on what they call the "Watch It with Us" nights which runs from 6:00pm - 8:00pm. However there usually is nothing left of the main food and salad items and the staff are cleaning up when we return from the office between 6:45 - 7:00pm

Monday - Local Louisiana, salad, beer, wine, iced tea, lemonade and sodas, small cookies or brownies for desert
Tuesday - Watch the new American Idol with us - Hot Pretezels, Nachos, various candies (tootsie rools midgees, laffy taffy, etc.) beer, wine, iced tea, lemonade and sodas, small cookies or brownies for desert
Wednesday - BBQ (from the grill, not!) Pulled pork this past Tuesday terrible, I would not feed it to my dog. Hamburgers and hotdogs last week with chips, salad, iced tea lemonade and sodas.

Overall, I am not impressed with the food offerings, the only good thing is the draft beer, which is a local micro brew.

RIP...
Is Monday & Tuesday listed above supposed to be the new 'enhanced' offerings?

Cheers.
Old Jan 18, 2008, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
However there usually is nothing left of the main food and salad items and the staff are cleaning up when we return from the office between 6:45 - 7:00pm
I hope you mentioned this to the management
Old Jan 18, 2008, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Is Monday & Tuesday listed above supposed to be the new 'enhanced' offerings?

Cheers.
You're gonna make me to pull the memo aren't you

Today was a long day but I'll see what I can do this weekend

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.