Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Chicago, IL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 14, 2018, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Hat tip to dcchi: "Whenever we do staycations in downtown Chicago, we use the ParkWhiz app to find parking. Normally pretty substantial savings off of hotel parking rates and even minor savings (and sometimes more) off of garage posted rates. If you're willing to walk one or a few blocks, this works well."
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Chicago, IL

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2021, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by sbr7d
Currently staying at the Marriott Mag Mile and this place is packed! Still limited option available for the hotel unfortunately. As a Platinum at check in was offered points or the 10 dollar F&B for the market that was a convenience store... took the points. Also given 1000 points/day for not having the lounge open. Inquired about breakfast since they hotel offered it to paying customers on Fri/Sat but was told no. This makes literally is mind-boggling to me.
Contact Marriott and get compensation for this.

David
Old Jul 17, 2021, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by DELee
Contact Marriott and get compensation for this.

David
As a follow up, I inquired about compensation for not being offered breakfast. Unfortunately I am staying at one of two Bonvoy properties that is listed in the T&C that states if the lounge is closed then guest receive 1000 points and no breakfast in the restaurant. BonVoyed! lol
Old Aug 8, 2021, 12:24 pm

Oct 2-3 (Saturday night), I have a 7PM - 12 PM layover in ORD and thinking of heading into town for dinner and maybe breakfast. Seems like a bit too long to do an airport hotel, but it also seems the airport is 45 minutes from downtown, so I’ll take the advice of anyone here if it’s worth heading into town or not.

Have a couple 35K certs to burn, but it’s all peak so will probably do cash at the Gwen if it’s worth leaving the airport. (Also taking advice for any better properties for an overnight with regard to airport transportation. OK with Uber, though.)
Old Aug 8, 2021, 3:17 pm

Programs: UA Silver, whatever the Amex plat gets me and somehow still IHG Diamond after 3 years of no nights
Originally Posted by tajee165
Oct 2-3 (Saturday night), I have a 7PM - 12 PM layover in ORD and thinking of heading into town for dinner and maybe breakfast. Seems like a bit too long to do an airport hotel, but it also seems the airport is 45 minutes from downtown, so I’ll take the advice of anyone here if it’s worth heading into town or not.

Have a couple 35K certs to burn, but it’s all peak so will probably do cash at the Gwen if it’s worth leaving the airport. (Also taking advice for any better properties for an overnight with regard to airport transportation. OK with Uber, though.)
The Robey is literally feet from the blue line and the area is full of good places to eat and should be lively on a Saturday night. Anything in the loop will be a ghost town on Saturday night. The Gwen would also be a decent option.
UA-NYC likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2021, 3:30 pm

Anyone know when the St Regis opens? I’ve seen Q3 which should mean any time now.
Old Aug 8, 2021, 8:16 pm

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Dn10
Anyone know when the St Regis opens? I’ve seen Q3 which should mean any time now.
ChicagoYIMBY said early 2022. I trust that time frame.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 9:59 pm

Going to Aloft River North, any experience on breakfast or points?
Old Oct 4, 2021, 2:51 pm

Best Category 5 Hotel in Chicago?

Hi All - what's your favorite Marriott Category 5 hotel in Chicago? Here are some options to choose from:

- AC Hotel on Rush & Ontario
- Hotel Chicago Downtown, Autograph Collection
- Westin on Michigan Ave or River North
- Other options you like?

Has to be Category 5 for my award redemption. TY for your help!

Tom
Old Oct 4, 2021, 2:52 pm

Also, which one offers the best titanium elite benefits? (Breakfast or concierge)
Old Oct 4, 2021, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Either Westin for sure - which one depends on location preference
Old Oct 5, 2021, 2:25 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by tschapira
Also, which one offers the best titanium elite benefits? (Breakfast or concierge)
One thing the Hotel Chicago (Autograph) has going for it is upgrades. There is a thread for that hotel and I am not the only one who has reported an upgrade like this:
Great Titanium upgrade to the "1 Bedroom Hospitality Suite, 1 King, Sofa bed" even tho they were almost sold out for a conference... one of the largest rooms I've ever had in a hotel. It is a combination of a corner room + a regular room with a cutout in the wall between them. There is a HUGE bathroom in the larger section of the layout, with a soaking tub separate from the shower. Then there is another large bathroom with combination tub/shower in the smaller section. Combine all the space with the high ceilings and it borders on cavernous, plus the corner location made it very quiet.
Old Oct 23, 2021, 8:54 am

Hello to Chicago Experts,

Titanium here planning to visit Chicago next spring for leisure when things will (hopefully) be more or less back to normal. Looks like the only cat 5 properties with an elite lounge (breakfast) in the city are the below three - are there any others?
1. Westin River North
2. Westin Michigan Ave
3. Hotel Chicago (Autograph)

Having read through the individual threads it looks like Hotel Chicago is the best one out of the three for leisure travelers. Decent lounge, good location, good hard product and better upgrades than the others. I am all ears if anybody has a different viewpoint. TIA!
Old Nov 13, 2021, 1:19 pm

Programs: Marriott-LT Titanium; AA-LT Gold/Currently Plat Pro
Originally Posted by jaejaez
Hello to Chicago Experts,

Titanium here planning to visit Chicago next spring for leisure when things will (hopefully) be more or less back to normal. Looks like the only cat 5 properties with an elite lounge (breakfast) in the city are the below three - are there any others?
1. Westin River North
2. Westin Michigan Ave
3. Hotel Chicago (Autograph)

Having read through the individual threads it looks like Hotel Chicago is the best one out of the three for leisure travelers. Decent lounge, good location, good hard product and better upgrades than the others. I am all ears if anybody has a different viewpoint. TIA!
These are the three I am trying to decide between for a first time, mid-week, two-night trip to the city with my 19 year old daughter. Safety is a priority followed by lounge/breakfast offering, location to sights for first time visitor and newer rooms.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 9:47 am

Chicago - Marriott Hotel for Family

I am taking my family to Chicago in April. They've never been so we'll want to do all the touristy things. My kids are toddlers. Which Marriott hotel would you recommend?
Old Jan 6, 2022, 12:24 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by joshtyler
I am taking my family to Chicago in April. They've never been so we'll want to do all the touristy things. My kids are toddlers. Which Marriott hotel would you recommend?
joshtyler,

You might get better advice if you answer these questions:

1. Do you expect to have a car or do you expect to rely on walking and public transportation?
2. Is a typical hotel room with two double or queen beds sufficient?
3. What is your price range per night?
4. Are "all the touristy things" you want to do in the city?
5. Considering Omicron, are you planning on museums and other indoor attractions?
6. How long will you be in Chicago?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.