Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lisbon Marriott, Portugal [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lisbon Marriott, Portugal [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2019, 8:41 pm

Programs: MM / UA 1K
Originally Posted by hotelfanatic
I booked a room for 3 adults (no price difference from 2). Will a King room fit assuming they offer roll away

And from a recent post above, did the rooms also get a refresh?
Based on the room I stayed in a rollaway would be pretty tight.
Decor seemed fairly recent and matched what is shown on their website.
hotelfanatic likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2024, 11:02 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
I stepped off of the elevator and almost cried - the nostalgia of the hallway carpets from my childhood hotel visits!

mmogdan likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2024, 3:33 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Wow, what a blast from the past - as a guest of one of the few remaining traditional floors at the Lisboa Marriott, I felt like a giddy child walking through the corridors of the old Marriotts from my childhood - many of which have already shed their past red and green carpeting. Knowing this room will soon not look like this made the experience even more special. However, nostalgia notwithstanding, this is a good, but not perfect, hotel. Compared to the Sheraton, my suite here smelled far better, so that’s a win. Here are my impressions:
  • Upgraded to an Executive Suite the morning of arrival - I was on the former lounge floor (17) where the lounge space has been converted to a crew lounge, and the decor has been untouched from years gone by
  • I loved the design - it’s also clear that they have taken good care of it - no concerns on cleanliness or disrepair - even the tasseled curtains inspired a sense of whimsy
  • Bed was comfortable - just-right mattress, plush pillows, covers could be a tad thicker, but they were fine
  • Shower stall is small, but pressure was good - and temperature was consistent
  • Bathroom was well-stocked with towels and bathroom amenities
  • No apparent TV streaming options, but WiFi was good
  • Slide-in keycards deactivate easily if placed next to contactless devices, like phones, credit cards, and AirPods cases - place in separate pocket
  • Welcome gift was a large charcuterie tray with a tasty rolled cake and some elderflower liqueur (which I couldn’t figure out how to open)
  • Lobby floor Executive Lounge had pasteis de nata and chocolate muffins out in the afternoon - good dessert selection during evening service - tasty chocolate mousse and tangerine cake - lounge staff was very friendly and addressed you by first name
  • I was offered breakfast in the lounge or restaurant - restaurant breakfast was fine (have learned breakfast in Portugal isn’t really the thing for me) - omelet tasted a bit sweet, which was a bit odd - very busy with some sort of convention for blind people, but the service dogs were quite cute and well-behaved
  • Front desk service was friendly and conversational
  • Did not need late checkout - so not addressed
  • Most floors that opened in the elevator appeared modernized (sad)

I would return.

Photos:

lamphs likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.