Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lisbon Marriott, Portugal [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lisbon Marriott, Portugal [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2011, 10:53 pm

Programs: AA lifetime gold, Marriott Plat.
lisbon marriotts ??

Will be in Lisbon in early november and wondering if anyone has stayed at the Marriott there especially the new AC brand or the Ritz located outside of the city? Have never been to the area and will be staying 4 nights so we will want to explore the area. Wondering if the AC or Ritz will recognize Plat. status with breakfast etc? Also the Lisbon Marriott states the lounge is open for breakfast so does that mean they close after breakfast and do not reopen for appetizers or dessert? Any help would be appreciated.
Old Sep 18, 2011, 11:16 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by tatmtr7
Will be in Lisbon in early november and wondering if anyone has stayed at the Marriott there especially the new AC brand or the Ritz located outside of the city? Have never been to the area and will be staying 4 nights so we will want to explore the area. Wondering if the AC or Ritz will recognize Plat. status with breakfast etc? Also the Lisbon Marriott states the lounge is open for breakfast so does that mean they close after breakfast and do not reopen for appetizers or dessert? Any help would be appreciated.
Hi tatmtr7,

I have only been at the Marriott and IIRC it was near the airport and not close to the touristic areas, so you might be better of at the AC or Ritz.
The lounge was opened all day but I only went in the evening to grab one bottle of mineral water, so I do not remember what else were the offerings.

If you do some search here, I think there is another thread about this property.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 10:38 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, American Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by tatmtr7
Been to the Marriott not the AC. As the other poster noted...the Marriott is a bit far out. About 10 mins walking to the nearest Metro.

Nice thing is that it's a highrise so if you get a high-floor room facing the right direction there's some pretty decent views.

I was here on a weekend and the lounge was open for canapes AND desert in the evenings as well with a good range of offerings.

In all, its a good property but next time I'll give the AC a shot because of location.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 11:12 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Here is an older thread on Lisbon Marriott.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...arriott-3.html

I did like this place despite being a bit far from city center. Bus/train connection works well. Breakfast then was in restaurant for plats.

Have not yet stayed in AC or Ritz
Old Sep 3, 2012, 8:22 am

AC Lisbon or Marriott Lisbon?

Hi everyone,

We are planning for a trip to Lisbon=) It's kinda hard for us to decide whether to stay at Marriott Lisbon for their lounge access or AC Lisbon for their good location.

Apparently Marriott Lisbon is far from the city centre and the nearest metro station is about 500m away, so does their lounge access and a better quality of stay (compared to AC hotel generally, perhaps) make it superior compared to AC Lisbon?

Thanks a lot beforehand.

Regards,
Dolphin=)
Old Sep 3, 2012, 11:16 am

Programs: DL Plat, B6 Mosaic
Originally Posted by Dolphinyong
Hi everyone,

We are planning for a trip to Lisbon=) It's kinda hard for us to decide whether to stay at Marriott Lisbon for their lounge access or AC Lisbon for their good location.

Apparently Marriott Lisbon is far from the city centre and the nearest metro station is about 500m away, so does their lounge access and a better quality of stay (compared to AC hotel generally, perhaps) make it superior compared to AC Lisbon?

Thanks a lot beforehand.

Regards,
Dolphin=)
I have not stayed at any AC Hotels in Lisbon, but did stay in various ones across Spain (Barcelona, Valencia, Murcia, Granada, Sevilla, Algeciras, etc), so I did get good exposure to the brand.

Personally, I found the bed at Lisbon Marriott to be so much better than anything at AC Hotels that I would choose Lisbon Marriott just for that. Plus, their lounge really is excellent. Good food choices, especially for breakfast where it is essentially a full meal. Plus there is a very nice outdoor patio just for the lounge and the service was warm and genuine.

I found the access to the metro confusing since there was a highway blocking the way and I never really found a good way to get there. However, we just took taxis every down down to the city center and it was inexpensive.
Old Sep 3, 2012, 12:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Lifetime PLT
Hi everyone,

Thanks a lot beforehand.

Regards,
Dolphin=)
I haven't stayed at the Marriott, but i really liked the AC Lisbon. It was a very nice hotel with a nice central location.
Old Sep 3, 2012, 1:29 pm

Programs: all
Hi everyone,

Thanks a lot beforehand.

Regards,
Dolphin=)
Stay at the AC. The marriott is not located well at all. It is actually further than you think and in a kind of remote area for lisbon. The AC is very well located and the metro is awesome and cheap and close. No comparison if you want to see lisbon..choose the AC.

Taxis are cheap in Lisbon though
Old Sep 3, 2012, 6:24 pm

Thanks a lot for your opinion, guys. Bed quality is really important for me to have a nice sleep, but again, it seems that the location of Marriott Lisbon is the only problem. Is the breakfast and lounge access really nice?

It seems that we need some advice from those who have stayed at both properties

Thanks before-hand.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 9:59 am

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
I've stayed at the Lisbon Marriott.

The lounge is offering is fine - nothing spectacular, but doable for drinks, snacks, etc.

There is a pool area that is also average.

I found to rooms to be smaller than usual and slightly out of date.

As for location, it was about 15 EUR cab ride to downtown, so it wasn't that bad. If the AC Hotel is closer, I would go for that as location really can make a difference.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 10:21 pm

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I noticed that the location of Lisbon Marriott is kinda far, but do you think that it's lounge access can be the reason for you to choose Lisbon Marriott over AC Lisbon when you plan to return to Lisbon?

Thanks a lot.

Originally Posted by BostonFlyer1624
I've stayed at the Lisbon Marriott.

The lounge is offering is fine - nothing spectacular, but doable for drinks, snacks, etc.

There is a pool area that is also average.

I found to rooms to be smaller than usual and slightly out of date.

As for location, it was about 15 EUR cab ride to downtown, so it wasn't that bad. If the AC Hotel is closer, I would go for that as location really can make a difference.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 12:28 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
only good thing about this prop is the road signs to the hospital help you find the prop if you're driving into a strange unknown city and don't speak the language............

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I noticed that the location of Lisbon Marriott is kinda far, but do you think that it's lounge access can be the reason for you to choose Lisbon Marriott over AC Lisbon when you plan to return to Lisbon?

Thanks a lot.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 8:09 pm

Programs: Starwood Platinum,Marriott Platinum, United Silver
Anyone know how to find out the email addresses of either of the Lisbon properties?
Old Nov 17, 2012, 7:46 am
Suspended

Anyone ever stay at the AC Hotel Lisboa and can provide a report?

Thanx,

NJ
Old Nov 17, 2012, 9:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
Anyone ever stay at the AC Hotel Lisboa and can provide a report?

Thanx,

NJ
If you don't get input & stay there, please start a separate property thread post-trip so it will come up easier in search for your fellow FTers.

Cheers. Sharon

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.