Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Disney Orlando Dophin or Swan [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Disney Orlando Dophin or Swan [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2005, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi djev,

Thanks for the clarification on the Heavenly bed at the Dolphin.

I have corrected my post.

Regards

TBS
Old Nov 26, 2005, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by djev
The hotels do register as different stays, I have split stays there several times. The Dolphin is supposed to be the only Sheraton with the Heavenly Bed though!
IIRC, the Sheraton Anaheim claims to have the Heavenly Bed.
Old Nov 27, 2005, 4:13 pm

I have stayed at these properties for the past 6 years for different business functions multiple times a year and I would say within the last 2+ years both have the heavenly beds, both have under gone some nice overall renovations. I happen to like the club level better at the Dolphin and I like the Dolphin overall a bit more, just from the way they treat you.
Old Jan 17, 2006, 6:50 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hhonors Diamond, Starwood Platinum
Dolphin and Swan - No More Club Lounges?

I was just told by a reservation agent at the Dolphin that the club level lounges at the Swan and Dolphin will be closing by April. I looked at a few dates online after april 1 and did not see any club level rooms. Has anyone else heard this?
Old Jan 20, 2006, 8:18 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LT Plt, Mets fan
I'm there in 2 weeks, and I'll try to remember to ask.
Old Jan 22, 2006, 6:44 am

Programs: United 1K, American EXP & 3 Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist & Marriott Ambassador Elite
Hope that this is not true - one of the main reasons I stay at the Swan
Old Feb 6, 2006, 2:00 pm

Disney Dophin or Swan

Does anyone know of any discount rates or sites that have a good rate for the Disney Swan or Dolphin? My future in laws are coming here from Canada and they want to go there. They want to go Thurs Nov 24 - Sun Nov 26. The cheapest rate is $250 a night
Old Feb 6, 2006, 3:25 pm

Programs: CO Plat(soon Premier Gold) PC lifetime(UC Life?) SPG Plat(Soon Gold)
I quickly checked at SPG.COM for stay between 11/23 - 11/27 just now, and lowest rate was $209/night (Dolphin, non-refundfable)

If you are AAA member, the rate is $184.50/night (Dolphin, cancellable before 11/18 6pm). Even if you are not, becoming AAA will cost you only $50/year.
Old Feb 6, 2006, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You might want to suggest that they sign up for the Swan and Dolphin's emailed newsletter. They can sign up at:

www.swandolphin.com

I get special offers from them all the time. Just today I got the following:

EXCLUSIVE OFFER FOR OUR NEWSLETTER SUBSCRIBERS

SUMMER VACATION AT THE WALT DISNEY WORLD SWAN AND DOLPHIN

Book your stay NOW for August or September, 2006, and you'll enjoy rates starting as low as $129* per night - plus you'll receive a one-category room upgrade for free!

LIMITED TIME OFFER

This rate and room upgrade is being offered exclusively to members of our Special Rates and Offers mailing list. To take advantage of this low rate, book your room by February 28, 2006.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

*Rates start at $129.00 per room, per night, July 28 - September 30, 2006 and are subject to availability. One category room upgrade based on rate plan availability. Must be booked by February 28, 2006. Taxes and gratuities not included. Not valid with any other special offers, promotions, or for existing reservations or groups.
Perhaps then they'll get an offer for a sweet November deal a little latter this year? They could book the cheapest no-penalty cancel-able rate now, and then keep checking for lower rates or hope for an email special that they could trade-down to later?

Good Luck!

Last edited by PremEx; Feb 6, 2006 at 4:56 pm
Old Feb 6, 2006, 8:11 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by PremEx
You might want to suggest that they sign up for the Swan and Dolphin's emailed newsletter. They can sign up at:

www.swandolphin.com

I get special offers from them all the time. Just today I got the following:

Thanks, I should have guessed they had a mailing list. I get them for Downtown disney, but did not think about the swan.
Old Feb 7, 2006, 2:45 pm

I saw this posted on Mousesavers.com - and it reminded me that "50% Off Regular Rates awards allow you to redeem 1000 Starpoints and stay at the Swan or Dolphin for up to five consecutive nights for 50% off the regular rate". Might be worth it when no other discounts are available.

Last edited by slimcustomer; Feb 7, 2006 at 2:55 pm
Old Feb 7, 2006, 3:49 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Too bad they dropped out of the points and nights program.
Old Feb 8, 2006, 5:43 am

Another Disney Deal gone to the graveyard.
Old Feb 8, 2006, 7:07 am

thank you all for your wonderful advice, I will sign up for the newsletter. I did find the mousesaveers.com link before but that rate was for Nov 2004.
Old Feb 8, 2006, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
There's this page you could watch with several discounts available (deals only through Sep. up now):

http://dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/dreamsres/sd.cfm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.