Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

SPG American Express [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2014, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CodeAdam10
For discussion of the now expired offer for a 35K signup bonus, see Amex SPG 35,000 business and personal cards-2016 [No referral offers in this thread.]

USA-issued card benefits changed on August 11, 2015. (Announcement & extended discussion at American Express and Starwood enhance cobrand credit card benefits.) The benefits are slightly different for personal and business cards:

Public Links:
- Earn 100,000 bonus Marriott Bonvoy points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases within the first 3 months. Offer ends 04/24/2019.

- The Annual Fee is $450.

- Earn 6x at Marriott properties; 3x on restaurants and airfare; 2x on all other purchases.

- Enjoy up to $300 in statement credits each year of Card Membership for eligible purchases at participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels

- FREE NIGHT AWARD: Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Award can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 50,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at a participating hotel.

- COMPLIMENTARY GOLD ELITE STATUS: Enjoy complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite status with your Card. Earn Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite status after making $75,000 in eligible purchases on your Card in a calendar year.

- Other Highlighted Benefits: Priority Pass Select Membership, Global Entry credit, No Foreign Transaction fees.

- Earn 100,000 bonus Marriott Bonvoy points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases within the first 3 months. Offer ends 04/24/2019.

- $125 Annual Fee (If application received before 03/28/19, $0 intro annual fee for the first year, then $95)

- Earn 6x at Marriott properties; 4x at U.S. restaurants, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services & on U.S. purchases for shipping; 2x on all other purchases.

- Free Night Award: Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Award can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at a participating hotel.

- Complimentary Silver Elite Status

- No Foreign Transaction Fees

Other related discussion:
Print Wikipost

SPG American Express [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2017, 1:29 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by ismann
Got the same offer, but 10,000 points for $10,000 spend. Guess they didn't think I had any chance of doing $15,000!

The really annoying thing is that just two weeks ago I made an unusually large purchase - about $5,000 - that would've gotten me halfway there.
Want to trade?
Old Jul 17, 2017, 7:24 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by Seyda_Neen
is this being sent to people who are not spending enough (incentive?) or who are already spending a lot more (reward?). It would be nice if I received the 15K offer..
I don't know, but last year at this time I was spending enough on my Biz card to eventually earn SPG Gold and received the "spend 2x$5,000, get 2x5,000 pts" offer. I've spent half as much to this point this year and did not get a bonus offer. Read into it what you want.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by megalab
I don't know, but last year at this time I was spending enough on my Biz card to eventually earn SPG Gold and received the "spend 2x$5,000, get 2x5,000 pts" offer. I've spent half as much to this point this year and did not get a bonus offer. Read into it what you want.

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...eferred-guest/

Bonus up to 30k now.
They do seem to want to have more people sign up
Old Jul 19, 2017, 5:41 am

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...eferred-guest/

Bonus up to 30k now.
They do seem to want to have more people sign up
That's interesting. I see 25k with incognito.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 7:25 am

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
I also only see a 25k new member offer.

I read about 10k and 15k offers for selected members who spend that amount between registration (open now till mid August) and September 30. Unfortunately, I wasn't selected for either promotion myself.

Here are the links if you want to try for yourself (hosted at americanexpress.com, but use your own judgement
10k offer: https://rewards.americanexpress.com/...arwoodcga80001

15k offer: https://rewards.americanexpress.com/...arwoodcga80002
Old Jul 19, 2017, 10:55 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by pitflyer
I also only see a 25k new member offer.

I read about 10k and 15k offers for selected members who spend that amount between registration (open now till mid August) and September 30. Unfortunately, I wasn't selected for either promotion myself.

Here are the links if you want to try for yourself (hosted at americanexpress.com, but use your own judgement
10k offer: https://rewards.americanexpress.com/...arwoodcga80001

15k offer: https://rewards.americanexpress.com/...arwoodcga80002
When I clicked the signup bonus link yesterday I saw 30K. Today I see 25K. Wonder what happened.

After failing on the 15K link yesterday, tried the 10K bonus a couple times this morning; response was:
This page is temporarily unavailable.
We're sorry. Our systems are currently unavailable and we are unable to enroll your Card at this time. Please try again later.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 11:05 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
When I clicked the signup bonus link yesterday I saw 30K. Today I see 25K. Wonder what happened.

After failing on the 15K link yesterday, tried the 10K bonus a couple times this morning; response was:
I got that error one time on 10k link. I tried it a second time and it went through. I suggest trying a few more times. Otherwise, you probably weren't targeted.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by cdancer20
I got that error one time on 10k link. I tried it a second time and it went through. I suggest trying a few more times. Otherwise, you probably weren't targeted.
Thanks. Tried again and got the "We're sorry. This promotion is only open to invited Card Members" message. Oh well.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by rrgg
That's interesting. I see 25k with incognito.
When I clicked the signup bonus link yesterday I saw 30K. Today I see 25K. Wonder what happened...
Checked again this morning; back to 30k. SPG Biz card still at 25k.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 5:58 pm

Programs: HA - Pualani Plat; Avis FIRST; Emerald Club Executive
Checked again this morning; back to 30k. SPG Biz card still at 25k.
got the 30K using inprivate browsing in IE
got 'standard' 25K using incognito in google chrome
Old Jul 25, 2017, 8:38 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
When getting an additional/supplementary cardholder card for SPG Amex, does the card have the same number as the primary card like the AA Citi Exec Plat supplementary cards do?
Old Jul 25, 2017, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by yosithezet
When getting an additional/supplementary cardholder card for SPG Amex, does the card have the same number as the primary card like the AA Citi Exec Plat supplementary cards do?
No, different numbers.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by SwerveDonkey
I'm having the same issue. I met the minimum spending requirement back in May and have had two statements closed with no sign-up bonus points to show of yet. I also get the same 8-12 weeks generic response from any Amex representative I talk to. First Amex card I've had were the points haven't posted within a week of meeting the minimum spending requirement.
I am in the same boat with my SPG biz card. Did those of you waiting 2 statements get your bonus?
Old Aug 7, 2017, 5:45 am

Programs: DL DM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by coffee18
I am in the same boat with my SPG biz card. Did those of you waiting 2 statements get your bonus?
My Amex account was credited last week with 35,000 Starpoints. It was the middle of my statement period so there doesn't appear to be any definitive reason to why the points posted when they did.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by SwerveDonkey
My Amex account was credited last week with 35,000 Starpoints. It was the middle of my statement period so there doesn't appear to be any definitive reason to why the points posted when they did.
Seems that way. My personal SPG card credited the bonus the day after the statement after the threshold was made.

I've called in and chatted with the Twitter team on my biz bonus; they sounded confident that either the bonus will deposit automatically or they can help resolve, but was adamant that the full 8-12 week period pass before further action can be taken.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.