Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Bangkok: Which SPG hotel should I choose? [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 20, 2014, 3:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
For a discussion around all the Marriott Bonvoy hotels visit the Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bangkok, Thailand thread.

From LIH Prem's signature.

SPG and Marriott BKK property map
Print Wikipost

Bangkok: Which SPG hotel should I choose? [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2013, 8:03 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
One nice thing to note was that I was told I get breakfast in the main restaurant + the platinum amenity. I thought I recalled having to use my amenity last time.
Yes, this is a change that happened 2-3 months ago at the WGS.

Originally Posted by The_Wrath_of_Khan
Couldn't be more different than SGS. They litteraly told me "Check out anytime you like, 9pm no problem."
They told you this between Christmas and NYE with SPG.com showing 0 availability for rooms?
Old Dec 31, 2013, 5:41 am
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
Originally Posted by mario33
Those who are still staying there should make their displeasure known to Keith Hardie who is often in the lounge in the evenings !
He doesn't care.

I have since moved my business elsewhere.

The ROS has changed a lot. Between the taxi fiasco at the front door, the missing breakfast, and the lounge girls more interested in flirting with the customers than anything else, I have better places to spend my money.
Old Jan 2, 2014, 4:05 pm

Programs: UA platinum, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Gold
Doubts about 2 hotels in Bangkok , which one to choose for a 18h layover?

I have found a rate of 125$ in the Sheraton Orchid and for the same day a rate for 105$ on the Four Points Sukhumvit, i've never been to Bangkok so which one is the best if i just want to relax and visit the adjacent streets?
Old Jan 2, 2014, 4:24 pm

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
The ROS is right by the river, which is quite a different location than the Four Points which is close to the Sukhumvit Road.

The ROS is quite old and dated, the Four Points is only a few years old.

If you just want to relax and do nothing, the ROS will probably do - in order to go out and explore, I'd pick the Four Points.

That being said, I stayed at the St. Regis in September and had an excellent time there - but it seems like you're a little bit on a budget, so this is possibly a little bit too expensive. But if your budget allows for it, the St. Regis would be a property that I'd definetely recommend.
Old Jan 2, 2014, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by rcs85551
The ROS is right by the river, which is quite a different location than the Four Points which is close to the Sukhumvit Road.

The ROS is quite old and dated, the Four Points is only a few years old.

If you just want to relax and do nothing, the ROS will probably do - in order to go out and explore, I'd pick the Four Points.

That being said, I stayed at the St. Regis in September and had an excellent time there - but it seems like you're a little bit on a budget, so this is possibly a little bit too expensive. But if your budget allows for it, the St. Regis would be a property that I'd definetely recommend.
Thanks for your reply, i will try the Four Points then ( i prefer not to visit dated properties), i will stay in the St. Regis when i return 2 weeks later( already booked)

Last edited by yosithezet; Jan 3, 2014 at 10:48 am Reason: Fixed quote
Old Jan 2, 2014, 5:22 pm

Location: DALLAS,TX AA EXP-3MM, HYT PLAT, SPG PLAT,HLT GLD,LEADERS CLUB
Doubts about 2 hotels in Bangkok , which one to choose for a 18h layover?

We'll the four points without any question look at the rates for the Westin and Sheraton grand . The Sheraton is great at cash and points or even the spg 50 rate. Breakfast buffet starts early direct access to the sky train and close yo everything you could want to do . Walk sukumvit any time day or night everything is open very late . There are members here that live in the hotels in that area they are always available for information . I of have 50+ stays at the Sheraton and love the place.
Old Jan 3, 2014, 3:17 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by capkor
I have found a rate of 125$ in the Sheraton Orchid and for the same day a rate for 105$ on the Four Points Sukhumvit, i've never been to Bangkok so which one is the best if i just want to relax and visit the adjacent streets?
For an 18 hour layover choose the 4P. However, check the Plaza Athenee if you have status with Starwood. They usually have great rates too - and have the best club lounge in BKK and near the BTS for getting around.

I agree with the prior poster about the SGS - but the rates put it and the St Regis in a different category
Old Jan 3, 2014, 8:47 am

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
For that length of stay Im usually at the Aloft. Hotel is cheap and roomier than the 4P and there are a lot of clubs and restaurants in the immediate area.
Old Jan 3, 2014, 12:42 pm

I just found a BRG for the Four Points, so i will book that for the layover, thanks for the help
Old Jan 4, 2014, 2:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by geminidreams
For that length of stay Im usually at the Aloft. Hotel is cheap and roomier than the 4P and there are a lot of clubs and restaurants in the immediate area.
same here....for layovers that are shorter than a day, the aloft is a good option....
Old Jan 4, 2014, 2:44 am

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
I just found a BRG for the Four Points, so i will book that for the layover, thanks for the help
Makes you wonder why they put themselves in the position of a BRG when they are pretty much a budget option! 2000 points is 50% of one night.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by geminidreams
Makes you wonder why they put themselves in the position of a BRG when they are pretty much a budget option! 2000 points is 50% of one night.
I have a BRG approved when i comeback for the 7th of February at the Aloft. I supose with all the political problems in BKK they don't have a lot of guests.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 7:57 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
I have a BRG approved when i comeback for the 7th of February at the Aloft. I supose with all the political problems in BKK they don't have a lot of guests.
May I enquire as to what your BRG rate is?
Old Jan 4, 2014, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by remymartin
May I enquire as to what your BRG rate is?
3200 PHP, now the hotel has a cheaper prepaid rate
Old Jan 4, 2014, 10:04 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
3200 PHP, now the hotel has a cheaper prepaid rate
I hope that's PHP and not THB, because it sounds pretty expensive

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.