Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St Regis Bali Resort, Bali, Indonesia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 2:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Concierge Email: [email protected]

Property Email: [email protected]

SPG INSTANT AWARDS

SPG Participation Policy

There are no standard rooms at this resort; therefore, Starpoint Award reservations must be booked at a higher Starpoint rate through your local customer contact center. Also, since all accommodations are either suites or villas, upgrades for Starwood Preferred Guest members do not apply.

Non-Smoking Policy

The resort is committed to providing guests and associates with an enhanced quality of air and environment by providing 100% non-smoking guest rooms, suites, and villas. Violations of this policy will incur a 250 USD penalty. Designated smoking areas are available in public areas.

Seclusion Day Information: March 9, 2016

Nyepi, known as the “Day of Silence,” marks the celebration of the Balinese New Year in the Hindu Lunar calendar. A spectacular procedure of ceremonies, parades of great bamboo monsters, and fireworks occur on the Eve of Nyepi, followed by a day of total silence and seclusion. The community strongly believes that if the island is silent and dark, the bad spirits will leave and the new year will start in peace. During Nyepi, from 6am until 6am the next day, the island stops. Nobody is allowed in the streets, use of electricity is restricted, and the international airport is closed.

In 2016, Nyepi will fall on Wednesday, March 9. Please note that check-in and checkout will not be possible on Nyepi Day, and Ngurah Rai International Airport (DPS) will be closed. Some of the resort facilities will operate as usual; however, there will be no transportation services to and from the resort, and televisions will not be available. Lights will be dimmed inside and there will be no outdoor lighting. Our pools and garden areas will still be accessible except for the beach. Only indoor seating will be available at Boneka Restaurant. Gourmand Deli will close at 8pm. King Cole Bar will remain closed.

We kindly invite you to respect this sacred day and observe these restrictions. Normal activity in Bali will resume at 6am on Thursday, March 10.

Print Wikipost

St Regis Bali Resort, Bali, Indonesia [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2013, 9:37 am

Programs: UA
I am looking to go next March (17th - 24th) for my honeymoon. My fiance is worried about the weather in March. Is it going to be cloudy the whole time?

Thanks
Old May 6, 2013, 11:21 pm

Programs: DL Diamond
We arrive next week and I'm beyond excited. One question I have is about the butler service. Do you have one main POC for the whole time you're there or is it a collaborative butler type deal?

If it's a single person (or if it's multiple people) is a tip expected, and if so what's the general range for a 6 night stay?
Old May 7, 2013, 12:07 am

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Plat; no plans for chasing any more airline status.
Originally Posted by DC777Fan
We arrive next week and I'm beyond excited. One question I have is about the butler service. Do you have one main POC for the whole time you're there or is it a collaborative butler type deal?

If it's a single person (or if it's multiple people) is a tip expected, and if so what's the general range for a 6 night stay?
Technically you have one butler (depending on how many days you're there). But since the team there is SO INCREDIBLE, all butlers/ staff will be able/willing to help.

One example from my last visit: I had gone SCUBA diving and asked for a favor from my butler. Then, the next day (after it was all done and the butler had helped out) I had gone to my room to grab a hat. It happened to be the cleaning staff was in the room at the time. They say, "Mr. ariyo15, how did you enjoy the diving yesterday?"

Unreal - I have nothing but great things to say!
Old May 7, 2013, 12:18 am

Programs: UAL 1MM, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, AA 3MM

It is a collaborative effort amongst all the Butler's. They have a central butler desk in the lobby. The Butler's work various shifts and share notes on you.

One butler may cover up to 16 rooms. Don't go crazy tipping.
Old May 7, 2013, 3:01 pm

What can you ask the butler do? Or maybe can't is a shorter list?
Old May 8, 2013, 9:07 am

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by ariyo15
One example from my last visit: I had gone SCUBA diving and asked for a favor from my butler.
how is the scuba diving near here?
Old Sep 12, 2013, 10:46 am

Programs: DL Diamond, WN A-List, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Just wanted confirm what others are saying on here about redeeming points for stays at this property. I was hoping to stay here for 4/5 nights during my honeymoon December 2013. Here are selected pieces of the chat with Starwood about booking this property:

REP: Thank you for holding, for your dates they have available a King St. Regis Suite for 126,000 Starpoints.
JEFFREY: That is for 4 nights? So 31,500 points/night?
REP: Yes, correct.
JEFFREY: Next question, I have one of the certificates of 35% award redemption for earning Platinum...if I use this would the redemption be 126,000 minus 35%?
REP: Are you still there please?
JEFFREY: Yes
JEFFREY: Just to clarify further, I have only 106,000 starpoints available, this means I could book those 4 nights for 81,900 using the 35% coupon?
REP: Do you mind holding while I check on this for you?
JEFFREY: Yes, thanks
REP: Yes, this is correct, you can.
JEFFREY: Great, and final question....if I make a booing using points and the coupon, can I cancel if needed? If so, I would like to proceed with booking
REP: Yes, you can cancel.
JEFFREY: And the coupon would be able to still be used in the future?
REP: I just spoke with my supervisor and they said the 35% coupon can only be used for standard rooms.
REP: So, due to the only room being available being a suite it is not eligible for the coupon.
JEFFREY: Oh, I thought you just said that it was possible to book?
REP: Yes, I did and this is my mistake.

TL;DR: They want 31,500 points/night and you can't use the 35% off an award coupons

Last edited by yosithezet; Sep 30, 2013 at 6:22 am Reason: Removed Reps name per FT T&C
Old Sep 14, 2013, 4:12 am

Programs: SPG Pt.
Originally Posted by jmgriffin
Just wanted confirm what others are saying on here about redeeming points for stays at this property. I was hoping to stay here for 4/5 nights during my honeymoon December 2013. Here are selected pieces of the chat with Starwood about booking this property:

REP: Thank you for holding, for your dates they have available a King St. Regis Suite for 126,000 Starpoints.
JEFFREY: That is for 4 nights? So 31,500 points/night?
JEFFREY: Next question, I have one of the certificates of 35% award redemption for earning Platinum...if I use this would the redemption be 126,000 minus 35%?
REP: Are you still there please?
JEFFREY: Yes
JEFFREY: Just to clarify further, I have only 106,000 starpoints available, this means I could book those 4 nights for 81,900 using the 35% coupon?
REP: Do you mind holding while I check on this for you?
JEFFREY: Yes, thanks
REP: Yes, this is correct, you can.
JEFFREY: Great, and final question....if I make a booing using points and the coupon, can I cancel if needed? If so, I would like to proceed with booking
REP: Yes, you can cancel.
JEFFREY: And the coupon would be able to still be used in the future?
REP: I just spoke with my supervisor and they said the 35% coupon can only be used for standard rooms.
REP: So, due to the only room being available being a suite it is not eligible for the coupon.
JEFFREY: Oh, I thought you just said that it was possible to book?
REP: Yes, I did and this is my mistake.
TL;DR: They want 31,500 points/night and you can't use the 35% off an award coupons
The 35% only works for C1- C6. It can't even be applied to a C7 standard room, not to mention a suite room.

Last edited by yosithezet; Sep 30, 2013 at 6:22 am Reason: Removed Reps name per FT T&C
Old Sep 30, 2013, 6:03 am

Programs: DL Diamond, WN A-List, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
FYI--

I reached out to the St. Regis Bali to see if it's possible to confirm an upgrade to a preferred room before arrival--sounds like it's not. Interesting because all the other Starwood properties in the area will quote you a confirmed upgrade by agreeing to pay extra cash.
JMGRIFFIN: In speaking with Starwood customer service, I understand that I can book the basic "St. Regis suite: King Bed" room for 31,500 Starpoints per night during these dates--can you please confirm that this would be the room received?

If booked, can you advise if it would be possible to pay cash to receive an upgrade to a villa, pool suite or other preferred suite (possibly ocean view)?
ST. REGIS BALI: Greetings from the St. Regis Bali Resort!

In regards to your below email, pleased be informed that our lowest room category is St. Regis Suite. This Suite located on 2-6th floor, with the size of 92 sqm , has one bedroom with king size bed and has balcony facing to garden.

We do have special offer to do room upgrade upon check in with some additional cost. So, upon check in you may ask availability of the higher category and they will inform you additional cost to do room upgrade.

Should you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 7:33 am

I've got a stay booked in late May at the St Regis for 5 nights. Cost me about 130,000 SPG points. I have a Pool Suite booked currently, but hoping for an upgrade. Interesting hearing mixed reviews on FT, as all the other places gave it glowing feedback.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by jpripcord
I've got a stay booked in late May at the St Regis for 5 nights. Cost me about 130,000 SPG points. I have a Pool Suite booked currently, but hoping for an upgrade. Interesting hearing mixed reviews on FT, as all the other places gave it glowing feedback.
I think it depends on what you are hoping to get out of the stay. Middle of the bustling tourist area? Don't stay here. Want to stay in a beautiful, secluded property where nobody will bother you? Stay here. Was there for 5 nights last December and loved every minute of it - one of the (if not THE) best hotel stays I've ever had.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 10:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
The U.S. DOS site still has some fairly ominous warnings posted about travel to Indonesia. How did people who have visited StR feel regarding security? At the hotel? Around the island? At the airport?
Old Oct 24, 2013, 11:03 pm

Programs: MR AMB/LT, AA EP, TK EP, DL D, B6 M4, F9 100K, IHG AMB/D, HH D, CZR D, FndCd, Sixt D, NTL E, Hz PC
I work in security (mainly computer, but also physical -- ranging from DOD work to when I had a security team in Iraq and drove around to a bunch of sites, drove an old BMW sedan around the country, have been to random clinics in Afghanistan in the back of a Tercel without a weapon, etc.).

State warnings do err on the side of caution (they are often ignored for this reason). There is clearly more visible security at the Starwood properties I've seen in Bali than at the properties in Java, but it's essentially the same as in Thailand -- designed to meet standards for the prevention of car bombs, mostly.

It's mainly reactive -- they have checkpoints and access control set up so that if there is a bombing at one location, they can rapidly improve security at the other properties. In all of the major tourist destinations, local security services do keep the international hotels apprised of the security situation.

That said, there's very little in place which would prevent a Kenyan mall or Mumbai hotel style situation (multiple well-trained attackers), and really, outside of (some) airports, government facilities, and short-term heightened security at some civilian facilities, there's not much which would.

During APEC, they had dramatically better security -- I heard a bit about the preparations, and it was done very professionally. However, that's only for a limited time.

Bali does seem to be a much bigger target than the rest of Indonesia, since it's more popular with foreign tourists. On the other hand, it's very likely attackers would not be Balinese, even if Indonesian, so they wouldn't be able to blend in with the population as well, and security services would have a better chance of detecting them before an attack. There's also not much (if any) real domestic political violence in Bali, which tends to be a much bigger problem (witness the issues in Thailand during the red/yellow war around the Dusit Thani!)

I don't think there is a particular threat now -- I'm vacationing in Java and Bali, after all -- but I probably wouldn't have gone in the weeks following the US invasion of Iraq or possibly during a short term heightened risk period like the Danish cartoons. (Egypt is still on my personal no-go list, as well as Pakistan, but I'm probably going to visit Myanmar, even though there was a recent bombing, and a critical lack of Starwood properties.)

On balance one's risk inside a hotel is probably less than the risk of driving in the US during a comparable period. The real risks outside the hotel are traffic, regular street crime (minor, but real), accidents, etc. I think a reasonable level of precaution is to have a cellphone at all times, know the local emergency services numbers, have a reasonable amount of cash with you to be able to quickly hire a taxi or other means of escape if something bad happens, and keep someone apprised of your plans with 12-24h granularity. Things might be a bit different for female solo travelers or those with children. Absent any specific heightened threat of terrorism, it wouldn't be a major factor in my planning.

Last edited by rdlmitedu; Oct 24, 2013 at 11:11 pm Reason: adding content
Old Oct 25, 2013, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Thanks for your detailed report. Both informative and helpful.
Old Oct 25, 2013, 6:17 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Plat; no plans for chasing any more airline status.
Originally Posted by ma91pmh
how is the scuba diving near here?
Very cool!

Of note, I saw a mola-mola and a few small rays. What I did not see (unfortunately) was a manta - despite spending 30 min at depth at Manta Point.

Definitely worth the dive though!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.