Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay Hotel, at Tokyo Disney, Japan [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 26, 2014, 11:47 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: littlevoices
The hotel is part of the Disney Tokyo resort and you can use the monorail to get to either park.
There is a new park wing that has a higher class of rooms, though the same facilities that includes an excellent children's play area that is free for elite members
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay Hotel, at Tokyo Disney, Japan [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2020, 12:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by musicscrip
Did you stay here in the end? How was it?
Are you thinking of staying here now??
joakgarp likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 12:56 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Did you stay here in the end? How was it?
some recent full reviews available here (link) and here (link).
main thing is, no elite member lounges, and the onsite food & board is marginally expensive (as expected since you are a "captive guest"),
but great for families with kids (and the themed rooms!).
Old Mar 20, 2020, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by hailstorm
Are you thinking of staying here now??
No, not right now! I am just deciding between this one and the brand new MESM for next year‘s trip. But it looks like the MESM will be offering lounge access for platinum elite and above so I might go with that. But Tokyo Bay Sheraton has a lot more to offer for our toddlers though.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No, not right now! I am just deciding between this one and the brand new MESM for next year‘s trip. But it looks like the MESM will be offering lounge access for platinum elite and above so I might go with that. But Tokyo Bay Sheraton has a lot more to offer for our toddlers though.
All bets are currently off as to what the hotel situation will be like next year.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 8:03 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Tokyoite
some recent full reviews available here (link) and here (link).
main thing is, no elite member lounges, and the onsite food & board is marginally expensive (as expected since you are a "captive guest"),
but great for families with kids (and the themed rooms!).
There is a lounge on the 12th floor, that reviewer was just Gold.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 6:14 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Hi folks,

Considering using this hotel as a base to explore Tokyo as it’s the only one bookable with points that will not charge an arm and a leg for three registered to a room. I know that the Disney properties are a little away from central Tokyo, but is it doable if we don’t mind riding public transit for a bit?
Old Sep 23, 2022, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer
Hi folks,

Considering using this hotel as a base to explore Tokyo as it’s the only one bookable with points that will not charge an arm and a leg for three registered to a room. I know that the Disney properties are a little away from central Tokyo, but is it doable if we don’t mind riding public transit for a bit?
You might as well consider Yokohama hotels then. Westin Yokohama is much cheaper and about the same level of commute.
dollar and joakgarp like this.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 3:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer
Hi folks,

Hi,

I stayed at Hilton Tokyo Bay in 2019 and visited tokyo a few times. It is doable ( a bit time consuming depending on destination) . Would avoid rush hour in both directions and would probably do a bit of planning on destinations as for example getting off at shin-kiba and transferring to the Rinkai line is good for Odaiba without going all the way into Tokyo. The walk from the platform at Tokyo to other mainline tokyo station lines and metro can be surprisingly long ( one transfer had 600m on the direction markers but the transfers are generally well sign posted)
I used Hyperdia also to plan routes but there are issues using it now I think.
Alternative trip planners that might be useful are

https://www.japan-guide.com/news/0057.html
The Disney resort line pass might be useful if doing multiple journeys.

Regards

TBS
Old Sep 24, 2022, 5:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It’s probably at least a 20 minute walk to Maihama station from the hotels, so you’re going to end up using the monorail to get there. Which, depending on the time and date, may be insanely crowded. Then Maihama station itself, depending on the date and time, may be insanely crowded. And then you have the aforementioned insane walk from Tokyo station Keiyo line to a train that you can use to get somewhere. And that's just the START of your journey!

I still contend that Yokohama is a better option. Or just paying whatever it takes to get three to stay in Tokyo proper.
joakgarp likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 7:00 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
Uff I'd only consider Sheraton Tokyo Bay if I'd visit Disney and only for Disney. Stayed here three different times so we usually end our Japan trips here with a visit to the two Disney parks. Staying at Sheraton Tokyo Bay will place you one hour away from Shibuya or Shinjuku, so with that too much time spent on train and switching trains. Not a good idea.

Didn't know Westin Yokohama was so affordable at 34-40k points. I see very beautiful pictures of the hotel and rooms.
​​​​​​Sheraton Yokohama is also an okay affordable property with excellent location if you want to be close to Yokohama Station with direct lines to Shibuya within 25 minutes. Property is a little bit dated but can be very affordable and even better location than Westin Yokohama if you will be a frequent visitor to Tokyo.
Old Apr 23, 2023, 3:44 am

Programs: FlyingBlue (Platinum); AA (Executive Plat); BAEC (Silver), SPG (Platinum); Hilton (Diamond)
Any updated reports from stays here as a Titanium? Curious about breakfast benefit, lounge and possible upgrades.
Old Apr 23, 2023, 10:25 am

Programs: Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by ocdb8r
Any updated reports from stays here as a Titanium? Curious about breakfast benefit, lounge and possible upgrades.
Stayed 2 nights here a few weeks ago as a plat, booked a standard 4 beds room, got upgraded without asking to a Grande 4 beds room.
Used the elite check-in line (for Plat and above) to skip the pretty long standard line, was also greeted by the GM whilst in line and had a quick chat which was a nice touch.

Lounge access given for 2 pax, it's on the top floor with nice views and decent food spread. Breakfast here is OK.
Breakfast buffet for 2 pax in the restaurant is a welcome gift choice - highly recommend this as they have a really good selection (including ice cream!)
Was handy to have this cover breakfast for a party of 4, with 2 going to lounge and 2 to restaurant.

Overall great stay for a day at DisneySea.
ocdb8r, YariGuy and littlevoices like this.
Old Jun 23, 2023, 11:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Stayed here for two nights whilst visiting Disney, GenZ has given a good summary of the benefits. Overall was a good hotel for Disney, it's easy to get the resort train to the two parks, and even though it's a 3 minute walk there is a bus to the monorail station every 8-10 minutes too taking about 1 minute. There was also a shuttle to the JR station, but it wasn't so often and wasn't convenient for us to use, we got the monorail. Oh, and a limousine bus about 45 minutes from Haneda.

Due to travelling with a young kid we are at the hotel twice in the evening, first night at the hotel buffet (you get 10% off as an elite member but it's pretty pricey) and once in the lounge where in the one hour you get a kid could eat well. The lounge had 4 main dishes, a ramen station and 4 cold options, along with maybe 6 different desserts and fruits. The main dinner buffet had way more choice, including Chinese as well as European and Japanese options and a lot of desserts, plus chicken nuggets and chips for all meals...

I'd booked a park view room after comments it was newer and as the price difference was negligible. We were "upgraded" to an accessible room that was about twice the size looking at the floor plan.

When coming back to Disney we'd be happy to stay here again. Should also mention the kids area, which is free entry for elites was an excellent indoor play area

Here's the benefits letter with full details.

Benefits letter, ambassador and below, June 2023
​​​​
Old Jul 12, 2023, 2:45 am

Programs: SPG Plat
In addition to the above reviews which are spot on I wanted to add some details on pool access. It's... complicated. (Yes I know its Japan...)

Its not detailed on the information sheet they give you at all. The front desk or platinum desk don't have a sheet detailing costs/times. The indoor pool is free for guests. The outdoor pool costs are detailed below. Note that this sign is inside the pool area which is inaccessible unless you are already admitted. Also you need a reservation for the outdoor pool which inexplicably closes at 1700. Once it closes the entire courtyard seems to be off limits. Finally, you have to go through a maze of locker rooms to access the pool. This makes sense at a health club, not what is essientally a Disney Resort for families where everyone comes down from their rooms ready to swim.

Pool cost
Old Jul 30, 2023, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by bk_mike
In addition to the above reviews which are spot on I wanted to add some details on pool access. It's... complicated. (Yes I know its Japan...)

Its not detailed on the information sheet they give you at all. The front desk or platinum desk don't have a sheet detailing costs/times. The indoor pool is free for guests. The outdoor pool costs are detailed below. Note that this sign is inside the pool area which is inaccessible unless you are already admitted. Also you need a reservation for the outdoor pool which inexplicably closes at 1700. Once it closes the entire courtyard seems to be off limits. Finally, you have to go through a maze of locker rooms to access the pool. This makes sense at a health club, not what is essientally a Disney Resort for families where everyone comes down from their rooms ready to swim.

Pool cost
Seems pretty expensive for a pool, how nice is it?

As a couple who just like to go for a swim for 30 minutes in hotel outdoor pools, that seems frustrating. Could at least be free for Plats or Titaniums

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.