Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin City Center, Washington D.C. [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin City Center, Washington D.C. [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2023, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by mynameisdmoon
Checked in at midnight for my stay. Managed to get upgraded to a corner room which they called a suite. Seems like the rating in the Marriott app is accurate. Very mediocre hotel. Bland and uninspiring room. Shower looks new but the rainfall shower head pressure is non existent and the hot water is a bit inconsistent.

but it was quiet and the bed was comfy. We’ll see how the breakfast is.

have a second stay coming up after this (booked the first stay last minute to avoid snow storm so got into DC day early). Hoping to get that mythical suite with two showers!

in the future unless the price is right I’ll probably look elsewhere. I booked the second night on BRG (~142 USD), and only added another stay here for convenience reason (~200 USD). I do have a third stay here in two weeks, again on BRG (~170 USD) but maybe I’ll go elsewhere if price looks right.
Hey, DC is too big a town with many hotel options likely at your price point that if you want to try something better, definitely go for it. No need to settle for poor or mediocre.

David
Old Feb 22, 2023, 10:21 am

Programs: AP 50k, UA Silver, MB Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by DELee
Hey, DC is too big a town with many hotel options likely at your price point that if you want to try something better, definitely go for it. No need to settle for poor or mediocre.

David
Not for the March 11-12 weekend unfortunately. There is a Hilton and The Madison which isn’t too much more expensive but doesn’t seem like much of an upgrade.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.