Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Rome Marriott Park Hotel, Italy [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 12, 2018, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
The FCO Shuttle Bus can be found outside Door 4 of the Arrivals terminal. Cross the street following signs for Hotel Shuttles. The Marriott bus was supposed to be in space #6 , but was actually in space #4 .

The shuttle to and and from Rome was very comfortable and timely. €6 one way or €10 round trip. Pay the concierge, not the folks at the shuttle desk on the opposite side. It leaves at 8am, 10am, 12 noon, 4pm, 6pm, 8pm and 10pm. The shuttle picks up at the intersection of Piazza dei Tribunali and Ponte Umberto I, in front of the fountain on the median and leaves at 9am, 11am, 1pm, 5pm, 7pm, 9pm and 11pm. Before leaving the hotel, check with the concierge to ensure there isn't an alternate pick up/drop off point; seems to change occasionally 1-2 days a week. There's usually a notice by the desk.

Lastly, there is a shuttle to and from the metro station in EUR Palasport. It's €3 one way/€5 round trip. The metro isn't incredibly useful for sightseeing but can get you into Rome, the train station or Ostia Antica. It leaves the hotel at 7:15am, 8:15am, 11:45am, 2:15pm and 4:15 pm. It leaves EUR at 7:45am, 9:15am, 3pm, 5:15pm and 6:45pm.
Print Wikipost

Rome Marriott Park Hotel, Italy [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2007, 7:38 am
Original Poster

Question Rome Marriott Park Hotel, Italy [Master Thread]

Hi,

Has anyone stayed at the Rome Marriott Park Hotel outside of Rome? I am trying to find additional information - We are using our points for two nights in June and wondered a couple of things...

The shuttle going to and from Rome - Piazza Cavoir (Spelling?) does it run every 30 minute? is it crowded? how early/late does it run?
Has anyone taken a cab into Rome from the hotel? and how much was the cost in Euros?
Are there other restaurants in the area? or are all the restaurants open in the hotel now?
Is getting a taxi easy from the Leonardo DaVinci Airport the way to go? and how much in Euros was it?
Is there a Concierge area for Marriott Reward members?

Any information or additional information would be wonderful!

Thanks!
Jean

Last edited by crayonri; Jan 13, 2007 at 7:41 am Reason: forgot to add another question
Old Jan 20, 2007, 4:31 am

Programs: MR Ag, LH FTL
http://rome-hotels.tripadvisor.com/S...ome_Lazio.html

It's quite an unusual hotel :
"It is unsafe to even jog outside, because there is a colony of wild dogs living in the hill side just outside the hotel."
Old May 12, 2007, 1:41 pm

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Question

Any further comments on this property, I am think of going there in September. For me the outdoor pool is the key decider between this and the Flora.

Regards

John
Old May 13, 2007, 10:39 pm

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, IHG Plat, LHW Sterling
It is indeed there as I saw it from the train on the way from the airport to Rome.
Old Aug 10, 2007, 11:03 am

Lounge?

Is there a Lounge at this property? I'll probably be splitting time between the Park & Flora in September.
Old Oct 4, 2007, 12:59 pm

Location: Cupertino, CA - AA:PLT 2MM; Marriott:Plt; Hilton:Slv
This hotel really has problems that they need to sort out. I was there last week for a conference (my company had about 400 people there). Here are a few impressions:

1) They opened it before it was ready. There is no Concierge Lounge, but there is a "Wine Bar" and "Executive Lounge" in the basement that were not opened while I was there.

2) They haven't staffed it properly. There was continually 4 lines of at least 20 people deep during peak check-in and check-out periods. They never added any people to assist.

3) The laundry prices are outrageous. They charged 7 Euro to wash ONE pair of underwear.

4) The transportation to the city center, IS generally prompt and convenient, but in a horrible location in town (sort of near the Vatican, but a 15 minute walk to the nearest Metro). It is a pain and can take up to an hour in traffic.

5) The shuttle drivers were rude and downright ugly to people. Once they came within inches of running over a darn priest outside the Vatican, and the entire bus gave them flak. They responded by shouting something in Italian at the bus (mostly Americans and eastern Europeans).

6) The staff simply does not appear to care about these issues.

7) While my room (an "executive" room) was freaking huge by American standards (not to mention European standards), it was totally unfunctional and a waste of space. There is almost no furniture inthe room other than a tiny table and chair, desk, and armoire. There was so much open floor space you could fit another King bed in there. It was like the furniture hadn't been delivered yet.

8) The conference facilities were generally OK as was the food, even though typical banquet food. Some breakout rooms were very poorly designed with many huge posts right in the middle of sightlines.

Don't bother staying here unless you have to for a conference. It may look like a bargain if it's got a lower room rate or points value/availability, but frankly my time is worth more than that.

Oh, I consider myself a well seasoned Intl traveler, but here is my opinion of Rome. If I never go back, I'll not miss it. The area, the city, the sights, the history are amazing, no question. The people are horrible. I have never met such rude people while traveling.

My fiance is Italian and consistenly spoke to them in Italian, and they were rude to her and gave her guff because it wasn't the "right" Italian. They would rudely speak to her in English.

FCO is also a horrible airport.

Sorry if this all sounds so negative, but I'm told Northern Italy (where my fiance is from) is much nicer and more friendly. I'll reserve judgment on the rest of the country.
Old Oct 4, 2007, 1:26 pm

Programs: MR Gold, DCL Silver, RSSC Silver
I haven't stayed at this hotel and probably would rule it out based on the location alone. However, I've spent a lot of time in Rome and also some time in Northern Italy (Milan), among other places.

Italians generally drive like maniacs. Bus drivers are no exception. This is especially true in Rome.

My Italian is terrible, but I did not encounter any rude locals in Rome or Milan. Quite the contrary. Sounds like there may have been some regional prejudice at issue. Sorry to hear that. I hope you enjoy the rest of your trip.
Old Oct 6, 2007, 12:32 pm
pgh

Programs: Marriott Plat, CO Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz PC
I can only speak to the Flora, but I can say that if I were going back to Rome anytime soon I would book there.

Upgrade to a Suite, corteous staff, and location was excellent for our needs.

Yes, it is an older facility, but is well kept and in good condition.
Old Mar 14, 2008, 10:49 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Any up to date info on this property?

I have noted the adverse comments from last year, but can anybody give some more up to date comments please?

Also, what does "Studio, 50 King, City view, Top floor, Pool access" mean in real terms. Is there a roof top pool?

TIA

Regards

John
Old Mar 14, 2008, 7:52 pm
rln

I took advantage of the 4 nights for the price of 3 promotion in January. I found the staff to be very courteous - manager came out to greet me at check in. Accommodations were very nice - staff provided complimentary bottle of wine. Rate included expansive breakfast. Executive lounge was just about to open when I stayed. The shuttle into the city was transitioning when I was there - from free shuttle when my stay started to 5 Euros roundtrip before I left. There isn't much of anything around the hotel. In short, it was a good place to stay and much, much less expensive than the downtown Marriott. Only thing that bothered me was the lack of shuttle service from the airport. The airport wasn't far from the airport - up a hill just one subway stop from the airport. I was advised not to hike the hill because of the wild dogs (did see them) and was told taxis would not pick up at the subway station. So I got stuck with a private shuttle charging 45 Euros for a distance that many, many Marriotts provide free service for. If the hotel can provide an economical service into Rome (a fairly good distance away) why can't they provide a similar service from the airport - maybe a shuttle every hour or so (to save 45 Euros I would have waited two or more hours!) On balance, it was still a very nice stay (a unique property that, in its way, was quite striking) and even in spite of the shuttle, I saved enough to purchase great Rome specific stuff at the Disney Store on Corso Street.
Old Jul 10, 2011, 10:28 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
To provide a recent review. I'm staying here for a 3 day conference and arrived a day early after a couple of nights at the Waldorf Astoria in the city centre (providing a nice contrast as another hotel that is out of town, though not to the same degree).

The hotel is clearly geared up for the conference trade - its in the middle of nowhere (€50 from the city center in a taxi), and is rather sizeable with vast open areas and restaurants.

I'm a Platinum Premier and the hotel won me over with a suite upgrade from what must have been a heavily discounted conference rate (including a rather nice sun terrace) then a waiting italian champagne (I guess that makes it sparkling wine) in an ice bucket and a bowl of fruit. The suite has two rooms, two tvs, two bathrooms (one with a shower, one with a huge bath), a work area and a walk-in wardrobe. The room decour was simple enough and quite standard Marriott fare, though with the golds that I think much of Europe removed a couple of years ago when most of the hotels refurbished. The TVs were standard 32" things, but Sony branded, still felt a bit small. The only negative was the lack of iron in the room (had to ask housekeeping to bring it to me) and that the room power doesn't work without a room key being put into a holder (a personal peve).

The lounge is open and is in the basement, however it was only quite small and had a few nibbles/non-alcoholic drinks at the weekend. Breakfast was instead offered in the hotel restaurant (Full American offered to plats and golds). Internet codes were available from the business centre rather than at checkin which was a little different. Lounge had wireless and two free to use computers, it did have a view of some sun lounges. The hotel also had a nice enough looking pool, that was also supervised by a life guard - the only thing to really do in the area to be honest. Room service didn't seem too overpriced for the location (Marriott burger €18 + €4 delivery).

So, not as bad as you might think - not a chance I'd stay here for pleasure as getting into the city centre or to the airport is too expensive. Then again, the weekend rate for this hotel was something like €132/night, vs three times that for the city centre.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 2:23 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

any recent update?

Hi,

Did anyone stay and this property recently? Will have a stay later in Dec. Wondering what have changed concerning perks for Elite's. Don't care much about the distance since I will be having a car and don't really need to go into Rome Center.

Cheers!
Old Sep 14, 2012, 2:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by nldogbert
Hi,

Did anyone stay and this property recently? Will have a stay later in Dec. Wondering what have changed concerning perks for Elite's. Don't care much about the distance since I will be having a car and don't really need to go into Rome Center.

Cheers!
Re: exec lounge:

* Rome / Rome Park Marriott / OPEN; Breakfast coupons given as small lounge; 2-terminals + wireless; 06/12 update

Cheers.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 3:12 pm

Rome Marriott Park Hotel

I am planning on staying near FCO for two nights in July and wondered if anyone has recently stayed at the Marriott Park Hotel and have further remarks? Any suggestions besides the two Hiltons by the airport for staying with points?

Thanks!
Old Feb 10, 2015, 11:52 pm
Marriott 10+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN***, Bonvoy LT Titanium
This post of mine and the general Rome thread that contains the post might offer you some insight.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24176989-post147.html

Generally speaking it is a decent business property. There is nothing nearby beyond a business park and another hotel complex further down the road.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.