Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Vienna, Austria [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Le Meridien Vienna, Austria [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2022, 11:52 am

Programs: AA MM; UA-S; HH-D; Marriott-LTP
Hi there. Any idea if Le Meridien Vienna provides on-site Covid testing for re-entry to the U.S.?
Old Jul 22, 2022, 10:06 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire, Easyjet Flight Club
SNA confirmed then downgraded on arrival - what to do?

arrived at Le Meridien Vienna today for a 2 night stay. I had used 2 x SNA (Suite night awards). A few days ago I received an email confirming an upgrade to a Studio Suite. This was my only selection when using the SNA vouchers.

The app also showed a Studio Suite.

Today when arriving I was told I have a fantastic room - a regular corner room. I queried with the FDA that I used and had SNA confirmed. He said yes he can see the SNA has been confirmed on his system but this is the room I’ve been assigned.

so here I am, having SNA confirmed and used but not in a suite.

How should I deal with this?
Old Jul 22, 2022, 10:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I'd start by escalating this with the hotel Talk to the front desk manager rooms manager, or even GM if available. Be sure to show them that notice of your upgrade and stress that the studio suite was confirmed. Ask to be given the room type (studio suite) that was confirmed in your (upgraded) reservation.

BTW, have you compared the room descriptions? The picture in the OP looks like it could be a studio or junior suite. Sometimes hotel systems and the Marriott Bpnvoy website use different names for the same room category. Have you verified that for example marriott.com is selling both room types for different prices with different descriptions (i.e., in size or amenities such as a refrigerator), with the Studio Suite being a higher room category than King Guest Room Corner?
JBa likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 11:02 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
This is becoming increasingly common. There are several threads. Most of the time (but not always), standing firm will get you the room that was confirmed.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 1:22 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire, Easyjet Flight Club
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I'd start by escalating this with the hotel Talk to the front desk manager rooms manager, or even GM if available. Be sure to show them that notice of your upgrade and stress that the studio suite was confirmed. Ask to be given the room type (studio suite) that was confirmed in your (upgraded) reservation.

BTW, have you compared the room descriptions? The picture in the OP looks like it could be a studio or junior suite. Sometimes hotel systems and the Marriott Bpnvoy website use different names for the same room category. Have you verified that for example marriott.com is selling both room types for different prices with different descriptions (i.e., in size or amenities such as a refrigerator), with the Studio Suite being a higher room category than King Guest Room Corner?
yes on the Marriott app they’re selling the studio suite at a higher rate than the King Guest Room Corner, I feel like I’ve been scammed with the SNA use
supatight80 likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 1:36 pm

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Originally Posted by mmogdan
yes on the Marriott app they’re selling the studio suite at a higher rate than the King Guest Room Corner, I feel like I’ve been scammed with the SNA use
Lurkers, hope something is done about this..This leaves a really negative impression of Marriott with upper tier elites (aka frequent MR guests).
mmogdan likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by supatight80
Lurkers, hope something is done about this..This leaves a really negative impression of Marriott with upper tier elites (aka frequent MR guests).
why is this something for the lurkers to do? I would be back the desk asking for a manager. It’s like not getting the room you reserved. It’s not being confrontational asking for something even the front desk said happened (the confirmed SNA). A trained front desk person should have taken care of this and assigned the OP to a better than confirmed room type or suite. All the lurkers can do is getting info down and forwarding to the property for comment (and after the fact).

(I get there are multiple instances of this but at most lurkers can do is maybe return your SNA and submit a complaint to the property where you will most likely not hear back) (better to get it settled on property)
Jon Maiman likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by myperks
why is this something for the lurkers to do? I would be back the desk asking for a manager. It’s like not getting the room you reserved. It’s not being confrontational asking for something even the front desk said happened (the confirmed SNA). A trained front desk person should have taken care of this and assigned the OP to a better than confirmed room type or suite. All the lurkers can do is getting info down and forwarding to the property for comment (and after the fact).

(I get there are multiple instances of this but at most lurkers can do is maybe return your SNA and submit a complaint to the property where you will most likely not hear back) (better to get it settled on property)
Its midnight here now. Tomorrow morning I will go to the FD and be more assertive over the issue.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 4:03 pm

Its midnight here now. Tomorrow morning I will go to the FD and be more assertive over the issue.
actually midnight is the best time to go down there and hopefully get a lazy night auditor and just assign you some executive suite or better . (Of course that depends on if you have any traveling companions)
Old Jul 22, 2022, 4:32 pm

Decided to try the chat. I’ll visit the FD tomorrow.

(According to the mobile app, a studio is a larger room that a Corner Guestroom and comes with a dining room table etc). I also didn’t request a corner guest room when using my SNA’s. There’s no way I want to use an SNA for a corner guest room.

Old Jul 22, 2022, 4:48 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
When I look they are about the same price and roughly the same size as well. Perhaps it’s an honest mistake?
Old Jul 22, 2022, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by escapefromphl
When I look they are about the same price and roughly the same size as well. Perhaps it’s an honest mistake?
Possibly, although the Studio looked more like a suite to me which is why I decided to use the SNA for it.

What a waste of 2 SNA’s.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 5:41 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
The website shows the Deluxe Corner as two room categories higher. It also shows as about 86 sq ft smaller than the Studio (506 sq. ft. vs. 592 sq. ft.), which may or may not be significant depending on the layout. As someone else noted, they seem to price the same. I would tend to believe the property's comment that they thought they were giving you a better room.
What a waste of 2 SNA’s.
You might equally say that about the Studio, since it's not a suite and apparently has an interior view.

The follow up question is, where were you going to use them that gives better? Honest question, because it's getting harder and harder to find that property.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 7:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
What a waste of 2 SNA’s.
The smaller studio looks like a waste too. If you voice your displeasure you might get them to agree to return your SNAs. But the lesson is not to use them on a room you wouldn't value. I only use them on nonsuites if there's a feature I want like a balcony, fireplace, view, etc.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by platbrownguy
The smaller studio looks like a waste too. If you voice your displeasure you might get them to agree to return your SNAs. But the lesson is not to use them on a room you wouldn't value. I only use them on nonsuites if there's a feature I want like a balcony, fireplace, view, etc.
I selected all the suites and the studio suite. I didn’t go any lower on the options for the SNA.

Just woke up at 6am to light glaring on the bed. The bathroom has a window which has no blind and the door to the bathroom is glass. I HATE this.

SanDiego1K likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.