Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa in Avon, CO [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa in Avon, CO [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2023, 9:54 am

Debating a points stay here vs Ritz Bachelor Gulch -- will enough construction be completed in time for March 2024?
Old Jan 6, 2024, 6:22 pm

FYI for anyone staying here, an earlier comment/reply here stated the Gondola to/from the Westin closes at 330, it in fact closes at 5, the last of the other lifts close at 4pm (strawberry park), so that gives plenty of time to take ski to the gondola to take back down to the Westin by 5
Old Jan 11, 2024, 2:15 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Glob, AA EXP
Any thoughts on your stay overall? Headed to the property this weekend.
Old Jan 13, 2024, 5:27 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Glob, AA EXP
Great property

Just completing a weekend stay on an Amex FHR rate (same pricing as through Marriott). Have been very impressed by the property overall as well as the amenities.

I’m a Marriott Plat so don’t ever expect any sort of upgrade, but was pleasantly surprised at check-in to find our studio suite was upgraded to a one-bedroom suite which featured a full kitchen, spacious living room with gas fireplace, balcony, and mountain view. The Amex FHR is also well worth it to guarantee a 4pm checkout (big value for us with a 4:45pm departure from Eagle), $60 breakfast credit, free two drinks at the lobby bar, and $150 spa credit (for reference, 50 minute massage runs $175).

The property seems well maintained to me and the lobby bar is a very inviting place to hang out as it was always buzzing. There is a ton of outdoor space which I’m sure would be wonderful in summer. Breakfast is just ok with a pretty weak continental buffet but the a la carte items were quite good. I’d stick to those and skip the buffet.

Ski-wise, the gondola over to the lower beaver creek express was quite convenient and ski valet/rentals are all well located in areas that are not overrun in the mornings. For a holiday weekend I was pleasantly surprised by the manageable crowds, which I’m sure the cold windy weather helped with.

if pricing is similar I don’t see any reason why you shouldn’t book this through FHR. We will definitely return.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.