Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa in Avon, CO [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa in Avon, CO [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2014, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ruahamore
Is this possible? I thought pts always booked into the traditional 2Q here.
It is premium award at higher point level. You can only book by phone.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 7:03 pm

Going here in the beginning of April. Two questions:

1. Is there a way to waive the resort fee in 2015?
2. Is there a cheaper parking option than valet parking for $25 / night?
Old May 15, 2016, 10:31 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
I have a similar question -- any option to park for free somewhere? Even if it involves a short Uber ride, it would be cheaper than valet.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 10:51 am

Programs: Marriott Platium. Hyatt Globlist. United Member. WN A-list w/CP. Frontier Elite 100K.
I have stayed here a couple times in the last few months. I few points to bring up--

1. There two different properties here the hotel and the Villas (Time-share). Time-share units have kitchens.

2. Valet parking is now mandatory $30.00 no tax at hotel but not mandatory at the Villas.

3. The Villas (time share) is Cat 5 and The Hotel Cat 6

4. Resort fee is $25 plus 3.10 tax so $28.10

5. On Friday and Saturday night at 8:30 pm they have free s'more in the fire pit on the deck across from the check in area. This is available to all SPG members. This is the case during the summer -- I am not sure about during the winter--but I assume it is the same.

6. There is also a hotel shuttle for around town.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 6:45 pm

Does anyone have any advice regarding the choice between a standard mountain view room or a mountain view king studio?

The prices are very similar ($10 difference), but it looks like the only real difference is the studio is slightly larger and has a fireplace and kitchenette. I don't place any value on the kitchenette, so the main draws for me appear to be (1) guaranteed 1 king bed versus the possibility of 2 queens, and (2) fireplace.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 7:30 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Have an upcoming stay, we booked a Studio and already upgraded to a One Bed.

Does anyone know of reasonable parking alternatives nearby? I'll check Parking Panda but surprised there is nothing recent on here. Ok walking a bit, and don't intend to take the car out as we will stay put in the village and on the mountain.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 5:37 am

Originally Posted by AAerSTL

Does anyone know of reasonable parking alternatives nearby? I'll check Parking Panda but surprised there is nothing recent on here. Ok walking a bit, and don't intend to take the car out as we will stay put in the village and on the mountain.
Unfortunately you're not going to have much luck finding other parking. There are places where you could put your car during the day, but there is no overnight public parking.

http://www.avon.org/Index.aspx?NID=935

If you try to park at any of the nearby store lots (like Christy Sports), you will get towed overnight. Keep in mind that they are trying to avoid ending up with parking lots full of kids sleeping in their cars.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 6:05 am

The parking seems to keep creeping up at this property. I believe it is around $50 a day, which is sort of silly for a town like Avon. None-the-less, I'm not familiar with any alternatives, as skimple mentioned. I would just pay it and know that it is simply a component of your vacation.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 6:27 am

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by AAerSTL

Stayed here last year. I couldn't find a reasonable alternative either.
If you don't mind looking further out i bet you could find a spot over near vail and ride the bus back but thats a toss up as well.

If you really are not going to use the car at all though (and depending on your situation) i would recommend the Peak 1 transfer service from DEN. Costs are quite reasonable and they are a reliable service.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 5:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Platium. Hyatt Globlist. United Member. WN A-list w/CP. Frontier Elite 100K.
Two property here Hotel and Villas. I sounds like you are at the villas Hotel -- now has no self park--Valet only not sure of cost for Valet. Villas Self park $15 per day Valet $15 per day.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 5:20 pm

Hotel valet (no self park) 30-50 USD per day; Rates vary by season.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 5:29 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Back with an update following a week long stay here.

The Good: hotel still feels fresh, is well upkept, and feels like any modern Westin. Staff are for the most part friendly and responsive.

The Bad: Mandatory parking fee ($30 for valet OR $50 for self-park); silly resort fee. The property is well aware of guests displeasure of these fees but can't really blame them since most people staying here are willing and able to pay up, easily allows them to juice their revPAR numbers.

Had a one bedroom unit with full kitchen, washer/dryer, separate sitting area, gas fireplace and large bathroom.

Platinum recognition was so so. Daily breakfast amenity was not consistently delivered and it seemed like everyday waitstaff had something different to say about what's included/excluded. Almost makes you feel like you are trying to get something for nothing when you're only trying to understand what is included with the benefit. During my stay Maya was closed for several days for a group, so breakfast was served in the lift cafe and was minimal. However the days Maya was open the continental buffet was good, and if you go for Tex Mex the $10 upcharge may be well worth it. Also as an aside, the property makes you pay sales tax on the value of the "free" breakfast, and of course gratuity.

Maya happy hour is also good apres ski, $6 margaritas and $5 small plates very reasonable IMO.

Overall a good stay but a few kinks they need to address with respect to breakfast and parking (I'm not holding my breath)
Old Feb 5, 2017, 5:36 am

Originally Posted by MileHighColorado
Two property here Hotel and Villas. I sounds like you are at the villas Hotel -- now has no self park--Valet only not sure of cost for Valet. Villas Self park $15 per day Valet $15 per day.
I'm not a timeshare owner and didn't visit the Villas, but per the valet who initially accepted my rental vehicle last week if you are staying at the Villas for the $30/night fee you can self-park. Hotel guests are charged $50/night for same privilege, FWIW.

In the valets defense, they were friendly and whenever I called ahead my car was waiting in the loop by the time I got downstairs.

Last edited by AAerSTL; Feb 5, 2017 at 9:36 am
Old Feb 5, 2017, 5:41 am

Sorry for the string of postings...thought I'd call out that currently the property has Volvo XC-90s you can reserve and "demo". Listed as justification of/paid for by your mandatory resort fee of course. I did not partake in this so I'm not sure what the terms are for this.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 4:50 pm

A few changes on the villa side (not hotel)--They have no standard room to book awards with (Cat 5 property) -- Is this allowed? I checked their whole calendar and no award available. Contacted SPG the base room is 13,500 points per night.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.