Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Munich Marriott Airport [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Munich Marriott Airport [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2006, 11:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond
Munich

Thanks for the map; but, could not open the schedule. It looks like #635 from MUC does not stop at the hospital, only at the station. Walkable??
Old Dec 28, 2006, 10:55 am

Programs: MR Ag, LH FTL
Try this one, click on the "Submit" tab.

http://efa.mvv-muenchen.de/mvv/XSLT_...20&project=s06

Yes, the bus stops at the station, but the distance is walkable (about 10 min) or ask there which bus goes further to the Krankenhaus - I believe you can use the same ticket you already bought for bus 635.
Old Jun 24, 2008, 11:48 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by jahason
Spent one night there. Located in Freising which is around 10 minutes drive from the airport. My suggestion is to get the airport shuttle and not attempt to drive there yourself. I spent 40 minutes trying to navigate the Freising one way roads in order to reach the hotel.

5 minutes walk from a very pleasant Freising town centre. Unusual for an airport hotel to be located in a nice walking area.

A couple of free internet terminals near the lobby.

A small gym and a cold swimming pool.

Overall not a bad place if you want to spend the night in order to catch an early morning flight.

They want to charge me 11 EUR for the airport shuttle? Are they kidding me?
Old Dec 6, 2016, 2:59 am
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
anyone stayed here lately? any reports on the mass transit situation? still the fee for shuttle? upgrades for gold on a saturday night? how late the pool open til? anything drinking or eating related that is walking distance from the hotel on a sat night?
Old Dec 6, 2016, 7:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Hotel's website provides this re: public transport.

Airport shuttle service, on request, fee: 10 EUR (one way)
Alternate transportation: Deutsche Bahn; fee: 4.5 EUR (one way) ;scheduled
Bus service, fee: 2.5 EUR (one way)
Estimated taxi fare: 25 EUR (one way)

This link has info on what they offer in terms of brekkie etc since there's not an exec lounge:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...-weekends.html

Not sure if you're into breweries, but as someone noted up thread this one is in Freising.

https://www.weihenstephaner.de/en/

Cheers.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 9:44 am

I stayed in this hotel last week and enjoyed it very much. Granted that it is about 20 minutes away from MUC. I had a rental car and paid the €12 to park in the underground garage.

I found the staff to be friendly and helpful, especially the front desk staff. They were fantastic. The room (executive) was very nice, spacious and quiet. Nice bath amenities along with robe and slippers. Bottle of water in the mini fridge.

Since there isn't an executive lounge, I was given a "certificate" good for a drink and a snack at the bar, which I found useful. Except for breakfast, the restaurants are apparently closed during peak summer time. I didn't find that to be a problem since it is a short walk into the old town. Lots of restaurants to choose from there.

All in all, I enjoyed my one night stay at this hotel and in Freising. I'd definitely stay here again.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 3:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 4:51 am
mav

Programs: Hilton, marriott, IHG, Club Carlson, United Airlines,timeshare owner
Just saw this thread. I have stayed here many times and REALLY enjoy the hotel and Freising. I enjoy Freising so much I actually have a 3 night weekend booked in the fall. I needed some more miles to make 1k so Freising filled the bill. Breakfast buffet is also very nice. Staff is wonderful. Couldn't believe it when I stayed here the first and saw a Woolworths there! Every time I go always buy some things at Woolworths. There is also a very good Indian restaurant in the town.
BTW, we don't mind the parking charge either.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 11:03 am

I just called the hotel to ask about transfers to the hotel in the evening at 6:30pm returning at 10am. She told me EUR 22.50 to the hotel because it was early evening and EUR 10 in the morning. EUR 32.50 round-trip seems steep and they only go once per hour.
I think I'll pay the premium for the onsite Hilton.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by chuck1
I just called the hotel to ask about transfers to the hotel in the evening at 6:30pm returning at 10am. She told me EUR 22.50 to the hotel because it was early evening and EUR 10 in the morning. EUR 32.50 round-trip seems steep and they only go once per hour.
I think I'll pay the premium for the onsite Hilton.
That is exactly the reason why I avoid staying here, although the hotel itself is nice. And those transfer rates are per person, so if there are two of you, the transfer cost becomes €65!
Old Nov 2, 2018, 1:32 pm

How do you call yourself an airport hotel and charge those kind of transfer fees especially when you run once an hour? Okay - maybe and only maybe - if it was on demand, meet and greet.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by chuck1
How do you call yourself an airport hotel and charge those kind of transfer fees especially when you run once an hour? Okay - maybe and only maybe - if it was on demand, meet and greet.
Because virtually all MUC airport hotels charge for the shuttle; some (e.g. the HIX) exempt elites from the charge, but not the Marriott.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.