Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Munich Marriott Airport [Master Thread]

Old Sep 7, 2004, 5:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC gold, Marriott gold, Hilton gold

Spent one night there. Located in Freising which is around 10 minutes drive from the airport. My suggestion is to get the airport shuttle and not attempt to drive there yourself. I spent 40 minutes trying to navigate the Freising one way roads in order to reach the hotel.

5 minutes walk from a very pleasant Freising town centre. Unusual for an airport hotel to be located in a nice walking area.

A couple of free internet terminals near the lobby.

A small gym and a cold swimming pool.

Overall not a bad place if you want to spend the night in order to catch an early morning flight.
Old Sep 7, 2004, 10:27 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium Elite, United LT 1M Gold
Glad to hear the hotel is now decent. My wife and I stayed there shortly after Marriott took it over several years ago...it had promise...espeically the nice town as you mentioned, but it was a run-down, truly awful hotel. Nice the know they have improved since then.

Bruce
Old Sep 15, 2005, 6:27 pm
RSW

Programs: NON-REV Extraordinaire. Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, Marriott Gold, Delta SkyClub
Are there any good places to eat or sight see near this hotel? I will be staying there a few times next month.
Old Sep 15, 2005, 8:06 pm
Original Member

You might want to try Weihenstephan Brauerei, the oldest brewery in the world. They have a great beergarden and indoor seating if weather is inclement. Pick a table, and than go up to a cafeteria style kitchen and pick out food that you want from an extensive menu. Beer is done the same way.The brewery also has a school of brewing(what else ). The restaurant is about a 5 minute cab ride from the hotel.We arrived in Freising by train from Munich the day before our departure and took a cab from the station. I recommend this if you are pulling luggage as the walk from the station to the hotel is very hilly. Like jahason, I am on complete agreement about the shuttle from the hotel to the airport. I did not eat at the hotel restaurant,but they did have a menu which featured local specialties. Hope this helps.
Old Sep 15, 2005, 8:16 pm
Original Member

Here's the website for the brewery.... http://www.brauerei-weihenstephan.de...354293e0f781cf
Old Sep 16, 2005, 1:07 pm
RSW

Programs: NON-REV Extraordinaire. Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, Marriott Gold, Delta SkyClub
Thank you very much for the info!
Old Dec 25, 2006, 11:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond
MUC Marriott

Any recent news for this property??

I am headed over on 12/29 and would appreciate any additional info. How to get to hotel via shuttle?? Brewery Tours?? Etc.

Thanks!
Old Dec 26, 2006, 2:45 am
Yub

I stayed there for one night about a year ago. I thought it was even nicer than the Munich Renaissance where I had stayed the previous two nights. Very clean and nicely furnished. I got a great deal on Priceline -- US$50 bid, US$65 including taxes and fees. IIRC, there were no other hotels in the area reported to be participating on Priceline, so there was little chance of getting anything else, especially if bidding on 4*.

I arrived in Freising by S-Bahn, S1 line, on a Sunday afternoon. I walked to the hotel with my rollaboard and a daypack. Even with directions, I had some difficulty finding the hotel, and recommend that you take a cab or find a decent map. I don't recall seeing any cabs at the train station. Although all of the shops in town were closed (Sunday), it was a nice area to walk around. Very cozy and picturesque. For cheap eating, there is a shop at the train station that had some prepared foods including schnitzel and bratwurst.

I reserved a shuttle from the hotel to the airport. I believe that you can also reserve a shuttle from the airport to the hotel as well. The cost was about EUR 10. The shuttle turned out to be a cab (normally about EUR 25), probably because I had an early flight and was the only guest needing a ride to the airport at 5:00 AM.

Internet access was EUR 12/day. There were a couple of workstations with free internet access in the lobby.

Sorry that I can't help much with information about attractions in the area.
Old Dec 26, 2006, 2:21 pm

Marriott Munich Airport

Awesome!

Does anyone have info regarding the Bus service from MUC to the Marriott?? Where do you catch it, get off, directions, etc??? OR, any email contacts to the hotel to reserve the airport shuttle upon arrival??
Old Dec 26, 2006, 9:15 pm

Munich Marriott Airport

Headed here in three days. Could use a bit of advise regarding the Bus from MUC to the property. Pick up location, directions to hotel from station, etc.

Also, a means (email) to contact the hotel regarding shuttle reservations if I go that route.

Any Brewery tours??
Old Dec 27, 2006, 2:10 pm

Bump

Still looking for transfer info . . leaving tomorrow
Old Dec 27, 2006, 2:53 pm

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
You can call the hotel at +49 8161 966 0. That is probably your best bet to reserve the shuttle (9.75€).

You could also take the bus to Freising. According to www.bahn.de it is an 18 minute ride and the bus departs every 20 minutes. I would just inquire at the information desk when you get there that you need to get a bus (2€) to the Freising Krankenhaus (Hospital). Are you aware that this hotel is about 35 km from Munich city center? Not that big a deal if you are mentally prepared, but a bit of a shock if you are not. Great train service so it is not that much of an issue.

For more info click here.

Last edited by aaupgrade; Dec 27, 2006 at 3:04 pm
Old Dec 27, 2006, 6:33 pm

Programs: National Emerald, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LifetimeGold, Intercontinental Platinum, Delta Platinum
This is a nice Marriott, especially for the money. The town it is in, Freising, is charming. As the previous post indicated it is a hike to Munich city centre, but is accessible by public transportation. For breweries in Freising, check out the oldest brewery in Europe, Weihenstephan. This is a great beer. See their website: http://www.brauerei-weihenstephan.de
Old Dec 27, 2006, 9:28 pm

Munich

This is a quickie trip, so one night in Friesing.

I would be interested in the bus; but, cannot find an adequate map of where the bus goes in relation to where the hotel is.
Old Dec 27, 2006, 9:59 pm

Programs: MR Ag, LH FTL
Map:
http://www.weihenstephan.de/iavs/plan.jpg

Bus schedule:
http://efa.mvv-muenchen.de/mvv/TTB/MVV4__00000658.pdf

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.