Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Pasadena: Sheraton or Westin? [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pasadena: Sheraton or Westin? [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2007, 9:35 pm

xxxxx

Last edited by sharkieva; Jun 23, 2011 at 5:56 am
Old Jan 11, 2008, 8:27 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
I read somewhere that sheraton pasadena is undergoing renovation. Is this correct? Did any platinum member has recent stay at the Sheraton pasadena? What upgrade do you get?
Old Jan 12, 2008, 5:29 pm
Y'z

Originally Posted by jlcchien
I read somewhere that sheraton pasadena is undergoing renovation. Is this correct? Did any platinum member has recent stay at the Sheraton pasadena? What upgrade do you get?
Normally I get club room. All club rooms' renovation seemed to be done. It is not remodel, not like W Westwood type of renovation. They changed carpet, TV and TV furnishing. So they are very clean though, they still look same as rooms before renovation. There is club lounge too.
Old Jan 12, 2008, 10:59 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Y'z
Normally I get club room. All club rooms' renovation seemed to be done. It is not remodel, not like W Westwood type of renovation. They changed carpet, TV and TV furnishing. So they are very clean though, they still look same as rooms before renovation. There is club lounge too.
Thanks for sharing your experience.
Old Jan 13, 2008, 2:58 pm

Programs: AA mm, Hilton Dime, Hyatt Xpl.& PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club
Westin - former doubletree
Sheraton - former holiday inn

nuff said.

Still waiting for the return of Brenda's rib crib - man, I miss that place!
Old Jan 14, 2008, 4:12 pm

Programs: Delta GM etc.
Westin

One great benefit of the Westin Pasadena is a free shuttle service where the valets will drop you off right in front of your restaurant and even pick you up (cuts off at about 10pm, though, check with them).
Agreed, no Plat upgrades/benefits to speak of. Ask at the front desk and they will comp you water. One in 10 stays I got an upgrade to a room with a really great view that was oversized but otherwise nothing special. Confirmed that the lounge was axed in during a renovation leading to many people showing up expecting one based on outdated list information.
So many good restaurants in Pasadena. I had great cuban at Xiomina (check the spelling?). If you like good beer (great Belgians on tap) but don't mind a really grungy atmosphere (ugh) and scary food (seriously, people, even the British pubs have better food), check out Lucky Baldwin's. Yeah, I know, not much of an endorsement, but if you like good beer you'll put up with the drawbacks.
Cheers.
Old May 31, 2008, 9:57 pm

I've stayed at the Westing Pasadena many times in the last couple years, and have always had a good stay. The staff are very friendly and helpful, though sometimes a little slow with requests.

An upcoming trip I've been put in the Sheraton Pasadena, does anyone know how the parking works? And the cost?

many thanks!
Old Jun 1, 2008, 1:57 am
Y'z

Originally Posted by abcedaria
An upcoming trip I've been put in the Sheraton Pasadena, does anyone know how the parking works? And the cost?
Over night including in and out cost around $13 or $14 for hotel guests.
Old Jun 2, 2008, 11:45 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by Y'z
Over night including in and out cost around $13 or $14 for hotel guests.
Just stayed there a couple weeks ago and parking was $7.
Old Jun 24, 2008, 12:55 am

Programs: UA 1K / 1MM, Bonvoy Platinum, Amex Platinum
Stayed at the Sheraton Pasadena last night using points, and would recommend it. As an SPG Gold, I was upgraded without requesting it, upon checking in. The room was nice, and the club room was literally next door where I enjoyed breakfast. Service from everyone I encountered in the hotel was good, and performed with a smile.

The one mistake I made was parking on the street. Since I came in late Sunday and was leaving early Monday, I figured the "2 hour limit: 9am-6pm" signs wouldn't be a problem. Lo and behold, Pasadena has an unposted ordinance prohibiting overnight parking. Doh! $37 ticket.
Old Jun 24, 2008, 7:09 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
It is posted-just not very much.
Entrences to the city via major streets and at city limits.
Sorry you had to discover that,you could fight it I guess.
Old Jun 24, 2008, 3:56 pm
Y'z

Originally Posted by skunker
Just stayed there a couple weeks ago and parking was $7.
I knew Westin Pasadena charged something like $7. We talk about Sheraton, right? If you talk about Sheraton, then they changed parking fee again.
They used to charge $6 or $7 for over night parking and once huge construction started, they started charging around $13 or $14. Which was explained by front desk to avoid miscommunication regarding parking charge last time I stayed there. So if it is back to $7 now, it's good news to us.
Old Jun 24, 2008, 8:47 pm
hs1

I stayed in Sheraton Pasadena during the last week of May and the parking was $13 per night.

The customer service there was excellent and we were upgraded to a nice suite.
Old Jun 25, 2008, 12:48 am
Suspended

Programs: SPG Plat, HH Gold, United MP Premier, Alaska Air, BA, Qantas, ANZ
I am now at the Westin--are there any Platinum pluses? I can't tell.
Old Jan 13, 2009, 11:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: SPG Plat, HH Gold, United MP Premier, Alaska Air, BA, Qantas, ANZ
I stayed at both the Westin and Sheraton last week.

With people, Westin is best, but alone I don't need the better appointments. At the Sheraton you save a few dollars, you get a club room with pretty decent snacks and wine or beer.

What I really didn't like about the Westin (I've stayed several times before) is that there's a new parking policy. Stay the night, pay one rate, but drive out for a few minutes and it starts all over, so you could pay multiply.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.